Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Zul'Aman soloable?

Helloooooooooo, I was wondering if anyone knew how many boss (if any) in ZA were soloable as a very well geared prot pally?

Re: Zul'Aman soloable?

Theres a thread on soloable raids on the official wow death knight forums, its a sticky

If its dk soloable i guess it would be pally soloable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

Wheres that sticky?

On the offhand, i would be tempted to say no.

Mainly because A: you need at least 5 people to ring the gong to get in (unless they changed it), and B: You would need some pretty sick dps as a solo prot paladin to kill the bear boss. Even assuming you bubbled out of his lacerate debuff thing before he switched to bear and started rolling massive bleeds on you, i think he would still own you before you could push him all the way to dead.

Also, Im not sure, but i think the Lynx boss would probably stomp you under, as even at level 80 in mostly t10 10 man feral gear, Saber lash still hits like a freaking truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Nudi
    Wheres that sticky?
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...38227787&sid=1

First page
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

Well, I could probably see a Paladin doing it, maybe a Death Knight. A BM Hunter could probably do a few also. But meeting the timer is unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd
    Mainly because A: you need at least 5 people to ring the gong to get in (unless they changed it)
    Not true anymore. Only one person needs to ring the gong (I only know this because I farmed mojo).

However, given that most people struggle with soloing Kara I would expect you would have a lot of trouble with ZA.

Quote Originally Posted by SirLancelittle
    Not true anymore. Only one person needs to ring the gong (I only know this because I farmed mojo).

However, given that most people struggle with soloing Kara I would expect you would have a lot of trouble with ZA.
    OOOOOOOOOOOOO. I am SOOO farming mojo now. Never knew this.

My feral gear is pretty good, I might give soloing a few of the bosses in there a try just to see how it goes. I can solo most of kara as a Bear. Romeo / Juliette and Shade of Aran both smacked me down (not enough Interupts), and I havent tried Netherspite / Prince. Wonder how far i could get in ZA.

Quote Originally Posted by Putricidegoodnews
    Oh, thanks! I thought you meant this board's DK thread initially.. Thought I was going blind ^^

You'd be able to solo a bit of it. There are slight quirks that make it incredibly tedious, perhaps unpossible. The Eagle Phase of Zul'jin, or the Grievous Throw in Troll Phase, make Zul'jin a threat at any level. A bad add combo on Hex Lord would suck, especially since you have one interrupt on a 30-second cooldown to try and catch his Holy Light.

It'd be hard, that's for sure, but try anyways and find out.

10+ Year Old Account

As a DK. Only Hexlord took some effort to solo. 4% heals / hit -_-

You know hex lord copies members of the raid..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumduh

There are plenty of ways to share your anger in calm ways that don't include "FUCK YOU SHITCRAWLER," so lets try to keep it civil.

the bleed on the bear boss and the grievious throw from zul'jin are the only things I had any real problems with as a unholy dps spec dk in 245+ offspec tank gear.

I'd say no. I tried to 2 man it the other day with a rogue friend of mine, but the eagle boss keeps spamming that stacking lightning debuff on you. You'll die to it eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chin
    Garrosh would wage war against the ocean for not being made out of orcs.

got boosted as rogue by my friends in ZA : Warrior fury + paladin healer. Full clear.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

My Prot Pally isn't really that great geared but I got absolutely destroyed by the bear and eagle boss, didn't try the others.

Didn't know that the gong only requires one person now... woop mojo here I come!!

Well, my druid can solo Dragonhawk.

Eagle Boss slapped me down pretty hard. That static charge debuff pretty much wrecked me. Maybe if i had a decent nature resist set, and could resist enough to get it to reset before it hit 2 or 3 stacks, i could do him.

Bear Boss ripped me appart also, not enough self heals as bear to handle his damage output, and if he managed to get even one bleed on you, it was pretty much game over.

Lynx boss killed me as well. Too much damage from Totems + Saber Lash + Flame Shock for LotP heals to handle. Saberlash still hits for nearly 10k through my 67% Physical damage reduction from armor, and he casts it way to often to dodge every one.

I have tried this as a death knight tank. I'm not great geared, 37k hp unbuffed, but I could survive through (some) bear phases with Mangle still up, you just need to learn to rotate cooldowns. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough and had to go one phase with close to no cooldowns, and I died. It's possible, but it's fucking hard.

the only boss in there that is doable for a pally is the dragonhawk boss and he is easy. just stand there be pretty and alet hatchers open up all egs and aoe all down at once. I usualy jusy keep SoComm up and SS meself for that as soon as all adds are down i switch to SoV. This comes from a t10 264 geared ICC tank

edit: also to everyone stop talkin about yer DK's hes askin about paladins, we all kno paladins are OP and solo the whole game