Poll: Cool?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

[Underachiever] - Join Any Raid!

Hey community,

Since everyone is so "qq show gs-epeen and achievement" (wich i can understand), it can be very hard to do some decent raids (icc10/25) on your alt characters.

(and even main, if your not in a guild, and not have the chance to do raids when they come out).

Last week some guy linked me a Addon that is called "Underachiever", wich let u send fake achievements, showing that u have completed an achievement (while u didnt), it works for ANY achievement (even HM LK etc).

I know alot of people wont like this, but the people im referring to dont like to get locked out on theyr characters, they find they will do just as good as someone WITH achievement.(maybe already achieved on main).

For me it has worked out great, i just send a 7/12 achievement of ICC10 when i want to join 25man, cause when i WILL get achieved after first bosses, people wont start asking qeustion

You dont even have to setup this addon, just type /UA, and check if it is set to auto-fake, and make sure the raid/dungeon u are faking, was released in the set time.

If you have completed the achievement for real, u can "mark" and option that will use that date, whenever u use Underachiever again!

Happy raiding!

Cheers!

Link: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...rachiever.aspx or click HERE
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Re: [Underachiever] - Join Any Raid!

I'm not a fan in any ways when it comes to bringing GS and achs, but this ain't a good solution either.
    - Trim

Nice. Stick it to the GS nazis.
    Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. Quack.

15+ Year Old Account

I can understand some people thinking it's really annoying to never being able to join raids, because of one simple achievement, but I really think it's an unmoralistic action, and unfair for the people who has worked for the achievement. The requirements are clear, and if you can't live up to them, you don't deserve it. They might be too much demanding, but again, it's pure lie. And I hate liars.
    Achievements is like a security net, that makes the leader more aware, that the character has the experience to the encounter(s). You can never be too sure, but you can at least go for it.

Well, if you get in, and everybody wipes because you didn't know what was going on, then you're going to get kicked anyways, and it'll be deserved too. If you get in, complete everything, and then get your achieve... GRATS! You got the real achieve now. Underachiever was a perfect solution for several of my friends' alts. Works fine, as long as you know how the hell to kill a boss. Works badly when people that don't know strats somehow think they'll get their hand held.

If you want a laugh, just link the incomplete achievement and wait. Half the time, you get an invite. They freak out when they find out later that they invited someone without the achieve.

Even better, link the incomplete of a low level alt and wait. If they invite you, you know that they are a group to avoid.
    -----+-- [Thaddius] ++++++++

Just because you are unique, does not mean you are right.
    Ðoser of Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by iLive
    I can understand some people thinking it's really annoying to never being able to join raids, because of one simple achievement, but I really think it's an unmoralistic action, and unfair for the people who has worked for the achievement. The requirements are clear, and if you can't live up to them, you don't deserve it. They might be too much demanding, but again, it's pure lie. And I hate liars.
    Achievements is like a security net, that makes the leader more aware, that the character has the experience to the encounter(s). You can never be too sure, but you can at least go for it.

What about those people who have cleared ICC 25 on their main toon and have plenty of EXP, but they don't have the achievements on one of their alts? I'm sure there is plenty of those kind of people who would love this add on.
    80 Rogue / 80 Druid

Well, Blizzard doesn't enable you to link ach. from your other toons. So why shouldn't you link a "false" ach. if your main already has it? I like the idea of this addon and I would support any addon that messes with Gearscore and any other retarded method. There was a time when we didn't even had armory and i remember when people didn't even inspect you, worked quite well.
    An achievement doesn't show that you know the fight, it only shows that you were carried at least once, thats all.

I don't really like this solution, but people are way to based on achievements and GS now.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

I've seen it a couple of times in 'link achievement' pugs where people who obviously linked fake achievements are denied loot, or just kicked.
    So at least make sure you know what you're doing, if you give someone a reason to inspect you and double check you have said achievement you might find yourself kicked and saved

Not saying I agree with it or that it bothers me, just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska
    There was a time when we didn't even had armory and i remember when people didn't even inspect you, worked quite well.
    Show's you how much easier Wrath is than previous expansions content... oh wait.

Deleted

1. if you are leading a raid asking for achievments (fuck gs)
    allways check armory

2. Addons wich produce fake achievments is an offense and is ban able, atleast so i have heard.

if you know you're fit to join the raid gogo use it. otherwise stay the heck away from my raids =P

I only use this to enter raids I have done on my main character, but some of those raid leaders are cecoming crafty and using the "/wave at org bank/dalaran fountain" to check themself. Also beware i believe there is a counter addon that detects fake addon links

Wasn't this addon popular 2 years ago?

Old...
    And achievement isn't great way to find out about skilled players, it's hard to pug on my 4th alt when everyone wants achievements, but for the god sake I have done those instances like 100 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

this addon can be good for people who have alts, and knows the fights on their mains...

but many people must get carried because of this, and it is sad =/

Old. And please, don't make a thread about it, I use it for my alts because my realm is WAY too fixated on Gearscore. If this leaks out to the retarded community of wow (fairly 30%), it will be chaos.

There's a way to check it though, AFAIK the regular settings are set on 2 weeks back, just do the math. Unless they have changed it, then of course look them up on the armory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Applepie
    your retarded.

I wouldn't support the use of this add-on for anyone be they raider alts, well-read but inexperienced, returning players or any other player without the desired achievement.

Why Underachiever doesn't help:

[x] Underachiever effectively institutionalizes lying in the game. This is not a good basis to begin a 5-man, a raid, nor especially *gulp* a guild enrollment

[x] Why lie your way into a group that values the achievement rather than a few coherent sentences explaining your competence and value to the raid? Are you really missing out?

[x] If you have the achievement on another character, do you need to fake the accomplishment on this one rather than linking your armory?

[x] Your armory contradicts your fake achievements

What Underachiever accomplishes:

[x] Perceived removal of the need for communication

[x] Satisfies the one track needs of PuG RLs for an achievement

[x] Attempts to expedite PuG admittance by lying

[x] Inevitably, much like GearScore, Underachiever will become an E-peen supplement

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by CatzDtroll
    Nice. Stick it to the GS nazis.
    How does this stick it to GS nazis? I'll just type /gs and see if you actually are capable of doing the raid or not. I guess you fall into the park of not knowing how to use the mod correctly.