Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Shadowmourne Extra Rewards, Blue posts, Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsen
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Enh Shamans useless because of 3.3.3 Icy Talons?
    My raid sat me, not because I didn't bring a useful chunk of raid synergy, but because some other guy brought it in a more convenient package. I'm sticking with the guild though. I love those guys, even though they don't let me play much, and I think they're going places with their penchant for min / maxxing.

Seriously though, we'd like to iron out some of the disparities where one buff requires more maintenance or RNG or talent points than another, but I have a hard time imagining that many players are really being negative impacted by the relative convenience of identical buffs.

Pushing for more awesome buffs isn't going to lead to more awesome buffs. It's going to lead to more homogenization and less group synergy overall. We'd be in a land where every raid buff or debuff just passively radiates a 1% bonus or whatever so that your group composition had an almost trivial contribution to your success. I'm not sure that would be as much fun though. We don't think the buffs have to be identical. They just have to be close enough that it isn't a major consideration for most reasonable guilds or pugs.
    Wait, so GC plays an enhancement shaman?
    You got it.

I want that tabard!!!!!
    Lagg dosen't exist. Only bad Internetz...
    Paladins isent OP Blizz just made all ohter classes weaker.

I think they're giving a bit too much to one person for something that a whole guild has to carry them to.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychi
    I think they're giving a bit too much to one person for something that a whole guild has to carry them to.
    Compensation for the 50k g I spent on saronite -_-

My guild will probably let the shadowmourne user choose 1 item and random the rest.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Grz
    Compensation for the 50k g I spent on saronite -_-
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/49623/shadowmourne/ isn't compensation enough? :'(

EDIT: Oh now I get it. Having a legendary is not nearly enough of a reward, but having a frosty iron boot flask makes up for all that gold! Thank God they put that in, now Shadowmourne owners won't feel hard done by.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshaman
    He can't be further from the truth. In PVE rogues are outdamaged by feral druids.

Very high skill cap and extremly low survivalibilty, rogues are not doing fine. [sic]
    Logging in just to say this: what makes you think rogues should out dps feral druids? Feral rotation is about 4x as complicated as rogues AND ferals have to stay behind their target at all times to do their most basic attack.

I would hope the class that actually has to work at their dps can out dps a class that just stands there and goes 1-2-2-2-3-2-2-2-3, ad nauseum

"Well, we just killed LK25 and I didn't get a drop. Thing is, I have turned in my "The Lich King's Last Stand" quest previously because I got credit in our 10 man group for it. I didn't actually try and loot him specifically on that 10 man (pretty sure I didn't loot him at all) so mayhap it dropped and I just didn't loot it.

Or maybe the two aren't related at all and it's just a low droprate. Time to ticket a GM regardless, but I'll just get some bs about how they can't give out quest related information I suppose."

Was posted on EJ.

Pretty sure i proved my point. Its not 100% , its just a rare drop added to his loottable by having shadowmourne. Anyone in the raid can loot it.
    Bornakk"Increasingly it felt like someone playing against a Ret-Pally really only had 60% of their health bar because Vindication took away 20% from the start and then Hammer of Wrath kicked in when they had 20% left. This change was something we could confidently hotfix and would have a minimal to no impact on the PvE side of things. "
    VINDICATION TAKES 20% HEALTH /facepalm

As for the 5 extra items for shadowmourne... bleh.

I'm still pissed and how badly they botched the healing legendary.

Its like: Oh hi healers, dps has like 6 legendary weapons by now so we will let you finally have one... however...
    -No it won't fit into Lore anywhere
    -No it won't be totally OP
    -No epic quest line for you
    -It will be replaced by a better weapon within the same expansion

Then shadowmourne comes...
    - Awesome lore tie in behind it
    - Pretty sweet questline, when you use it you know how bad you worked to get it
    - Crazy OP stats and 3 gem sockets
    - The most OP proc I have ever seen on an item
    - Awesome flavor effect on your character when you use it

Wait, its not good enough yet...
    +++ AND NOW 300k WORTH OF ITEMS

/facepalm

10+ Year Old Account

I don't want to sound stupid or anything, as I haven't yet set foot inside of ICC (not really a raider), but how in the world are alliance characters going to turn in the music box to Sylvanas? I don't see her listed as being inside of Icecrown Citadel and friendly reactive to Alliance characters.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it says that you have to bring the items back to their respective owners which means that there would be an impossibility of anyone that plays alliance getting the music box, unless of course there is a special NPC that the alliance can communicate with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfiregum1
    Pretty sure i proved my point. Its not 100% , its just a rare drop added to his loottable by having shadowmourne. Anyone in the raid can loot it.
    Dropped on Russian realm (Ревущий Фьорд) yesterday for a Retri Pala(Хестия) with Shadowmourne and Lich King Last Stand Quest. Chest can be obtained ONLY by Shadowmourne user. ML can't give it to anyone but this guy. So your point is not right.
    Quote Originally Posted by virus73
    I don't want to sound stupid or anything, as I haven't yet set foot inside of ICC (not really a raider), but how in the world are alliance characters going to turn in the music box to Sylvanas? I don't see her listed as being inside of Icecrown Citadel and friendly reactive to Alliance characters.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it says that you have to bring the items back to their respective owners which means that there would be an impossibility of anyone that plays alliance getting the music box, unless of course there is a special NPC that the alliance can communicate with.
    All this NPC spawn in the ICC after you gived the Chest to Darion.

So, do we know if you only get 1 box per shadowmourne, or 1 box per week? Having read all posts I have seen no proof of either outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Nycon
    So, do we know if you only get 1 box per shadowmourne, or 1 box per week? Having read all posts I have seen no proof of either outcome.
    Really curious about this one as well

Confirming that only the Shadowmourne carrier can get the unseald chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Nycon
    Someone go bug Cruz again! We have a Shadowmourne but no box has dropped yet so no way to know.

we just killed lk with a shadowmourn in teh raid an no chest drop, could this be a hardmode loot only? or mby just low droprate? zzzzzz
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Dropped for me yesterday. Asked a GM with a ticket, about being one time only. Answer was, that this reward will be in loot every week.

It does not appear to be a 100% drop though as two weeks in a row we've killed LK with an axe in the raid but no box.

We had ours drop the first LK 25 kill after finishing Shadowmourne.

In other news we're selling the Crimson Deathcharger for 100k if anyone is interested...

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...01482239&sid=1

Quote Originally Posted by iDielord
    Dropped for me yesterday. Asked a GM with a ticket, about being one time only. Answer was, that this reward will be in loot every week.
    Has any player/guild confirmed what this GM said, that its repeatable?

I just wanted to clear up any questions as to the purpose of what the unsealed chest is for. I have spoke with gm's on the topic and they have confirmed that the chest is meant for the person with shadowmourne as a way of saying great job. I asked them why would they make the items bopu if they could forsee the drama it could cause, and they responded that blizzard made the items bopu, for the sole reason to allow the wielder of shadowmourne to do with the items as he or she see's fit. They stated that is if they want to keep all the items for themselves that is perfectly acceptable, and if they wanted to give the items away that is also acceptable that it is entirely up to them. So that sums it up, it is soley meant for the wielder of shadowmourne to do with as they want. If you guild is trying to force you to give up the items they are in the wrong, regardless if they view it as a group effort or not.

The only time I really can see a guild having any imput into the loot from the chest, is if they provided all the saronite you needed to get started. Guilds are saying it was a group effort, and we had to change strats to get the quest done for them. Ok first off if the guild didn't provide the saronite, especially before the price dropped that is one large investment the person made on their own. Second, there is really no strat change to do the quest. This is what I mean: The abom is the same regardless, some think you haft to let one ooze not be slowed to get it, well they are just doing it wrong all oozes can be slowed, so no change in that one. Blood Queen: Someone always has to be bit, your just letting that peron be bit second and then they bite the next three after soaking one tick of blood mirror, so no strat change there. Sindragosa: Here is the only slight deviation from a normal strat in that the person has to soak 4 frost breath, but if done correctly they can get the breath and still dps, so no real change there, especially if it's the tank. So that stops that arguement on strat, and I pose this question, would the guilds still be raiding ICC 25 man every week just the same if there was no shadowmourne to gain, yes they would. I know of no guild that is only running ICC to get a person a shadowmourne, so with that your doing what you would anyway so as far a shards go, the guild really isn't doing anything special to help the person, just the loot master clicking to give them a shard drop.