Thread: Boomkin Trinket

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Boomkin Trinket

Hello i just want to know if someone could help me if i can get a better trinket than http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47879

I have like 100 Emblem of Triumph and like 90 Emblem of Frost. Haste/crit/hit Capped.

Here my armory : http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Joebe%C3%A4n

Thx

Re: Boomkin Trinket

from what i can tell that trinket is not very good what so ever for druids. ( i assume the trinket your linking is fetish of power as the link is broken for me).

the normal trinket with crit / spell power on proc for emblems of heroism is better than that i believe. also with your current raid progress try and get the dislodged foreign object from rotface 25 man instead of the fetish or the pyhschal of something from sindragosa 25 man ( excuse my spelling). if your low on dkp / ep what ever you guild uses and you wont see them trinkets for a while the trinket from 25 man anub toc is still good although with the amount of haste you have the effect will go down slightly.
    W From] [80:Sheriffen:1]: Recount - Nexttosmelly's Hostile Attacks: Starfire
    [W From] [80:Sheriffen:1]: 1. Crit 18 (90%) (Min: 0 Avg: 21004 Max: 32405)

Deleted

You are in luck! The easiest upgrade you can do has been available from Emblems of Heroism since the release of Wrath of the Lich King! Sundial of the Exiled beats Fetish any day, especially with the levels of haste you have. While the crit on Fetish is larger than that on Sundial, Fetish has always been regarded a rather bad trinket for moonkins (heck, most caster classes would rather be without it). You sacrifice some crit, but gain a proc that you can actually benefit greatly from.

Ya i already have this trinket and ill put it on till i get the Anub/Rotface/Sindragosa Trinket :P

Razorscale weekly ftw.

One thing I wonder (and yeah before you read further I agree with all that is said above me) is if the value of Fetish went up with the recent Starfall change.
    Since everyone is using the starfall glyph we will get full use of the trinket every 2 minutes (use the procc -> use starfall and get 8 stacks withing 4 seconds) so atleast 16 seconds with 456 haste. So did it become better or is it still really crappy?

Deleted

First, lets talk about when the trinket would be useful: For us, it would only be useful during lunar eclipse, when we spam starfire, and to a small extent, when we try to proc solar eclipse. If we proc it at any other time, it goes to waste.

Use abilities on trinkets are generally balanced around you popping them fairly quickly after they come off cooldown. It would be nice to think that we get four eclipses off during a minute, but fact is, it could be anything from 15-25 seconds. This means that you could potentially have to delay a use ability on your trinket AND your starfall. If you have a spot on 20 second interval between eclipses, it works out just fine:

00.00 Lunar eclipse, starfall and trinket
    00.20 Solar eclipse
    00.40 Lunar eclipse
    01.00 Solar eclipse, starfall
    01.20 Lunar eclipse
    01.40 Solar eclipse
    02.00 Lunar eclipse, starfall, trinket

But, say hello to Mr. RNG! Imagine that this system is off by 10 seconds. You will have to hold back on using the trinket for another 10 seconds, as well as your starfall. That means that when you should have used starfall, you have to wait - and then you are effectively delaying your strongest spell. This is not good. If you really want to go through the hassle, there is nothing stopping you, but you must decide yourself if you enjoy delaying starfall and the trinket if your eclipse gets out of sync.

10+ Year Old Account

I did have http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47879 for a while, and i didn't find it that crappy though.

I macro'ed it together with my Starfall, and used it when my Lunar Eclipse Proc'ed. Starfall getting those stacks up fast, and getting the most benefit with Starfires.
    Then he fapped to his own pseudo-intellectualism and no one ever loved him. Ever.

The End

Deleted

You missed the point though, Garnik. Everytime the trinket and starfall is off cooldown, but you do not have lunar eclipse procced at the same time, you lose DPS because you are holding back.

Boomkin Trinkets

I currently have Heroic Talisman and Reign. I will soon be getting DFO and the spyglass.

My question is what trinket should I should be using with DFO? I am at 635 haste and 37.88% crit in moonkin form with no trinkets equipped

basically spyglass or reign?

Also is there anything better then Heroic talisman I can grab in the meantime?

Re: Boomkin Trinkets

in my opinion spyglass is better unless u have heroic reign, the crit on spyglass isnt needed but helps and the spell power is much better then reign and is very easy to stack up but yeah as i said heroic reign would be probably better then normal spyglass but if u have heroic spyglass go with that.

i havent seen reign in a while and never won it when i did so im still rocking heroic fetish and normal spyglass, sind hasnt dropped phylactery and i have yet to win DFO and only have seen heroic spyglass once and lost it to a guildie warlock who needed it more anyways. When i get the drops ill probably use Phylactery/Heroic spyglass and DFO.

Would the heroic version of the trinket be better than the sundial?

No, the fetish is pretty awful in general. Easy upgrades include Eye of the Broodmother, Illustration of the Dragonsoul, and Reign of the Unliving (BiS) if you can get it. Here's a link to a solid BiS list for moonkins. Note that heroic modes for ICC are not included, but I've found it to be very helpful

http://graymatterwow.blogspot.com/20...ding-gear.html
    I've played a balance druid and an arms warrior since the release of Vanilla WoW, simply because they are fun and I like the play styles. Enjoy the game.

Re: Boomkin Trinkets

direland: you should learn how to gear before you start giving advice,
    heroic fetish is still a rubbish trinket, and sundial of the exiled is far better,

op: i'm not sure what trinket you are refering to when you say heroic talisman so i'm just going to say that its crap, illustration/eye of the broodmother are far better items, and fall in behind reign, lower than that you have sundial of the exiled (ilvl 200 badge trinket) anything else is crap

reign and spyglass come out pretty similar but depend a bit on your crit and haste, as your starfire drops below 2sec cast time (add 1/2 latency to your cast time), then reign loses some power, however as you get to the soft crit cap (about 33% unbuffed), then the spyglass loses strength, however they are still pretty close and within 30-40dps of each other at high gear levels,

DFO and phylactery are another step above these trinkets and combined in heroic form make our 2 BiS

Deleted

I merged the two topics. Do we really need 2x "Boomkin trinket"-threads on the very same page?

--

We still seem to have problems shaking the "Stats lose their value over soft caps". Heck, back in tier 8 and tier 9, haste was worth around 1 DPS per point. Now, my haste clocks in at around 1,4 DPS per point. The same goes for crit: Its still valuable past the soft caps.

I recently acquired DFO. Im currently using it along with reign.

My question is whether I should get Heroic spyglass or try for Phylactery of the Nameless Lich?

Deleted

In the end, you would probably want to end up with DFO and Phylactery, but any combination of these two and Spyglass are fine as well, until you reach a point where you have DFO and Phyl. I am currently using DFO and Heroic spyglass, instead of a normal Reign.

Heroic spyglass vs normal Phyl are probably pretty even, all in all. Whatever drops first, go for it

10+ Year Old Account

wooooooow please tell me your not rolling with that trinket for a boomkin?!?!

Sundial of the Exiled or Abysall Rune beat them depending on if your after the crit or haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Defiant
    wooooooow please tell me your not rolling with that trinket for a boomkin?!?!

Sundial of the Exiled or Abysall Rune beat them depending on if your after the crit or haste.
    Mention which trinket please?

10+ Year Old Account

Well I thought it would be quite obvious but anyway, im referring to the original post.
    "Fetish of Volatile Power"