10+ Year Old Account

Demo and doomguard?

so i just acquired the Doomguard yesterday and just wondered if i remember correct when i say its best demon for demo, and if its the case, what amount of spell dmg does it give with Demonic Knowledge (approximately ofc) thanks guys =P

Re: Demo and doomguard?

I know it's odd to think that a big badass Doomguard is weak, but it is... It's competitive with a Succubus basically. Felguards destroy it on damage and have very similar stats. You won't get more SP or anything, so... eh. The DPS difference is really wide too. Even if you got a bunch more SP using it it would be really hard to make up the DPS gap.

The only other pet you can really consider is actually an Imp. If you have raid buffs Felguards destroy Imps on damage, but without full raid buffs if you have an Imp-specific spec the Imp will win in most 5 man groups and for dummy tests. Kind of silly, really. Felguards just scale really well. Oh and uh.. Imps suck at tanks when leveling, so don't bother. :P

10+ Year Old Account

ok ;D

I cant remember the exact amount of extra spell power the Doomguard gives, but in a raid situation its important to remember that the Doomguard won't proc http://www.wowhead.com/spell=47240 as he counts as an enslaved demon.

Doomguards have Warstomp! If your groups is really strugs with Saurfang adds or Valithria adds...they could be helpful.

But yes, in most other situations, they arent that great.

10+ Year Old Account

A Demonologist should never use Doomguard as it does not count as a summoned Demon, and therefore doesn't receive any benefits from talents, nor does it give you any, such as Demonic Knowledge; so using it is an enormous dps loss. The same applies to the Infernal.

It's also a DPS loss for Destruction Warlocks, since they don't gain the benefits of Empowered Imp. So really, unless you're Affliction there is no point in using it, even in Affliction the DPS increase is relatively minor.

It still is a nice pet in WSG, people often get confused because of its size and it can STUNZ!
    You often read yells like WTF walks here if you sum it, lots of fun haha

As said above, the Doomguard is not good for Demonology unfortunately. You do not recieve the +SP buff nor Master Demonology. However, if you were Affliction, in order of pet DPS: Doomguard > Infernal > Feldog > Succubus > Imp > Void

As Demo, your highest damaging pet will be your Felguard in all situations.

Quote Originally Posted by kneeki
    As said above, the Doomguard is not good for Demonology unfortunately. You do not recieve the +SP buff nor Master Demonology. However, if you were Affliction, in order of pet DPS: Doomguard > Infernal > Feldog > Succubus > Imp > Void

As Demo, your highest damaging pet will be your Felguard in all situations.
    Actually, since 3.0 Felpuppy is better dps-wise than Doomguard for Affliction. Even more if you have Dark Pact.