Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Upcoming Cataclysm Dispel Mechanics

Hmm, not too happy as a Resto Shaman.

First, you're going to nerf the hell out of my mana regen because it was too generous in WotLK.

Next, you take my Cleansing Totem.

Finally, you take away my Posion/Disease cleansing?

Healer shortage inc? Might as well stay elemental and let the healers waste mana on dispels and deal with the mana problems.

Good job Blizzard!

Stood in the Fire andy_mitchelluk's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

So what about while levelling? Gonna make it so mobs don't have spells anymore to compensate for these kinda changes?

This is yet another stupid change by Blizzard.

And it costing mana if you cast a dispel while there's nothing on to dispel? wtf?

Anyone else finding it weird that shamans that are supposed to be connected to nature, lose their ability to dispell nature based spells (poisons, diseases) in favor of defensive magic dispelling? Calling this change retarded is far from enough. :-\

•Druids will be able to dispel defensive magic, curses, and poison.
    •Paladins will be able to dispel defensive magic, diseases, and poison.
    •Priests will be able to dispel defensive magic, offensive magic, and disease.
    •Shaman will be able to dispel defensive magic, offensive magic, and curses.

nice, affliction warlocks are screwed. Worst survivability, 0 burst and fear got nerfed into oblivion. Solution: buff mages.

Goodbye my lovely cleansing totem.. you have served me well..

Hello dispel totem?!

But honestly, i do fully understand that this is still pre-first stage of changes, but the changes being made to shaman in that one post are significant. Someone mentioned earlier about how deep into the tree's this dispel talent will be, might i direct them to the shaman tree (which could very well change) and see how far down in the tree the cleanse spirit.. let me save you the trouble, 30 points +1 for talent.

Another point earlier was that Mages dispels won't go up in cost.. all the post said was that the mechanics will remain the same, said nothing about the cost, so i'd think it would be safe to assume that mages dispel costs will rise the same as the rest.

I'll reserve my full judgement till i see the preliminary class layouts here in a few days, but at this very moment i'm leaning to a thumbs down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Never ask for logic in a game that mails you dragons.

My two mains are a prot/ret paladin and an ele/resto shaman, and I'm unhappy for both at the moment. I PvP as ret, and unless we get some significant buffs (MS/snare/interrupts/whatever), this is a major major nerf PvPwise. Even with some of those buffs, being forced to eat lots of magic damage if you don't have a healer around or, for example, run into a frost mage, is not exactly fun. Not that spamming cleanse is either, but given our toolset, it's not like I have much of an option.

As a PvE tank, this also upsets me. No, I don't spend a lot of time cleansing per se, but it comes in handy (Jaraxxus, Faction Champs, Blood Princes, archmages on Dreamwalker), and it gave us some utility which was fun to use.

As a shaman....meh. I think it's been said already.

Standard disclaimer: it's possible that upcoming changes/buffs will help negate this, but class homogenizing and removal of hybrid utlity doesn't sit well with me.

I thougth shamans were freaks of nature ? Still they are not the class that will dispell poision ? That goes to paladins ???

Thats just stupid.

I'm ok with removing the dispel mechanic for retri paladins, but as prot it's just Shit.

Countless of times it's awesome to be able to dispell myself, don't have to relay on a healer to do it for me. Assembly of Iron is one encounter, no dispell = death.

Again why not have PvE spells and PvP spells, hate when the "balance" in PvP resolves in PvE suffering for classes just cause green geared noobs get owned in Alterac Valley on lvl 64... or whatever. ;]

And wtf shamans?

Lame changes, Lame. Well guess it's bye bye with different classes, soon warriors can make portals and hunters can have travel form...

I want free class change. >< Or have all my achievements I've done on my paladin turned into account achievements so can reroll, cba.

Quote Originally Posted by Caradinist
    The idea is, You will get punished for just spamming dispel to get rid of everything. Basically punished for playing mindlessly.

Which is one of the main reasons why people don't like world of warcraft. Some people think it's completely mindless, so they are doing what they can to better reward people with actual reflexes (without causing the entire game to collapse onto itself).

Yes, i am going to miss the ability to dispel magic effects (which i don't see enough of, even by people who don't do it), but i too understand the reasoning behind it.
    This post here....I don't get it,all you damn babies scream for information about cata.....then any bit we get,all you get are the usual crybabies QQ'ing.

So far as the PVP implications go,who gives a shit,that is where the game starting going downhill anyways,sure as hell hope they don't listen to 75% of this QQ.

As for this post,exactly,the mindless button mashing,is this not what people want rid of,is that what you wanna do,mindlessly mash dispel,plzzzz....this is a terrific change.

For the pally tank,that is what I am and have only been,what do you think warriors and bears and dk's do.....they wait for the damn healer to do their job......period....instead of the mindlessly hitting my biggest heal all the time button.

I love the sounds of these changes,gonna make life harder for me,in my more casual friendly guild...clearly some are not gonna be able to do some of these things,lol....like pay attention

Quote Originally Posted by mrwingtipshoes
    They are removing Defense because they like how druid tanks worked in Wrath,
    Bears went from a fairly healthy population pre-Wrath to an endangered "Huh, haven't seen one in ages" species post-Wrath.

The fact that GC, who has himself admitted multiple times that bear representation went way down, actually likes what they did to bears, let alone wants to do that for all tanks, is one of the scariest things about this whole mess.

And as for the "Stop QQ until you see how things work out!" crowd... I have to assume you're either very new to this game or severely brain damaged. Before things get royally screwed up is the only time saying anything might have a remote chance of mattering. Once they're completely screwed it's "working as intended" until it's "well fix it next expac".

At this stage of development, it's speak now or don't bother.

I love reading the "freak-out" posts people write up after news like this. :P
    I'm a cheerleader priest. What I lack in intellect, I make up for in spirit! \o/

Oh no! Now what will I do on my Prot Paladin?!?!?!

I try to dispel before the healer to keep heroics interesting for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Myria
    Bears went from a fairly healthy population pre-Wrath to an endangered "Huh, haven't seen one in ages" species post-Wrath.

The fact that GC, who has himself admitted multiple times that bear representation went way down, actually likes what they did to bears, let alone wants to do that for all tanks, is one of the scariest things about this whole mess.

And as for the "Stop QQ until you see how things work out!" crowd... I have to assume you're either very new to this game or severely brain damaged. Before things get royally screwed up is the only time saying anything might have a remote chance of mattering. Once they're completely screwed it's "working as intended" until it's "well fix it next expac".

At this stage of development, it's speak now or don't bother.
    I hear you,I really do,fact is,just about all the QQ'ers are not thinking of the "game" as a whole......just how it affects them,this and only this is how this game got into the mess it did.....because blizz. listened to the QQ'ers

I'm sure blizz has an idea of who the intelligent posters are,listen to them then....or you know what,do what you did back with the original wow,go with your instincts blizz

They created a pretty damn good game,when they did that.

Just got to say these changes bring me mixed reactions.

For one, Now in arena it 'balances' things out if you think about it, however it kind of destroys class combinations, sure some classes may bring different buffs (priests absorbs, druids rolling hots, shamans totems (though cleansing is gone), paladin hand of <name>). But giving all healers a defensive dispel is abit much.

Allowing shamans and druids to dispel magic (defensively) makes them incredibly OP in my perspective. Don't get me wrong, I play a shaman and I think I'm fine in PvP as it is. Now a Shaman with Tremor down and grounding rotations+interrupts will make them near impossible to CC, a Druid who can dispel magic is just as bad, Can't be poly'd so you usually can gib a druid with a lucky fear + stun while CCing his DPS, but now a druid will just hump a pillar even more throwing out HoTs and now they can dispel CCs, Priests however I feel will have a disadvantage, always snared, prone to alot of CC (Penance channeling) and only class that hasn't got any dispel changes to them so they pretty much remain the same.

Poison Dispels is hardly a big thing for a shaman and priest to worry about, but a priest cannot interrupt nor can they ground incoming spells (Hex and Scream pretty much shares a similar CD).

However from a PvE perspective it will really help, especially on magic dispel reliant fights ....... there aren't many, maybe Cata will put in fights where healers will need to watch dispels once again

10+ Year Old Account

Just stating from a pve PoV:

... this is um... interesting?

It's great that all these classes will have some form of magic removal (offensive/defensive), I feel some have lost more than others in this proposed idea if none at all. What isn't a grand design idea is to leave a dispelling capability on a healer instead of the hybrid being able to do it as well. I'd understand keeping all 3 dispell mechanics over the specs for each class would be a little overkill but being able to talent to the 3rd dispell mechanic is a nice touch.

Granted we don't know what content we will see come Cata in both dungeons and raid and all of this is still subject to change. It does sadden me that as an elemental shaman that I can't quickly strip a negative debuff from my party because the healer rather just soak mana into people instead of remove it. I have also had to cleanse myself on my prot paladin many a time because the healer would rather sit and pick his nose because no healing is needed to be done. Having those mechanics removed hurts a lot. Granted this game is all about teamwork in one form or another but to rely on someone who more than likely isn't going to remove that negative off of me or another party member makes me worry greatly.
    :3

Ouch on the Shaman nerfs. But if they balance content around it, then it shouldn't be a huge problem.

Also, Disipline can't dispell as much as Holy? Harsh on PvP.

I know they want to balance pvp, but this seems harsh for pve unless there will be a dramatic decrease in poison/disease effects with a corresponding dramatic increase in magical effects. I know I will miss being able to clease poisons and diseases on my Shaman and the totem staying intact is also probably wishful thinking.

I don't see how this can be a nerf to anyone?
    Level 60-80 raids will be pisseasy at level 85 regardless of dispel changes and obviously level 85 raids will be made with these changes in mind. (AKA only magic debuffs in 10-man and a variation of debuffs in 25.)
    For pvp it's way too early to tell. As far as we know rogues' poisons will be considered magic debuffs, death knights will use hello kitty stickers instead of diseases and warlock spells could become undispellable

Just saying be ready to whine when you ding 85 on beta, but until then you're making my internet filthy.

I guess a Druid/Shaman healing duo won't be viable for 10man group on fights with diseases.

Sucks for my raid group...

15+ Year Old Account

GG Druids with dispel