Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: The Campaign to bring back 2H Viability!

It will never work, the entire Enhancement tree was designed around Dual Wield, to retrofit 2h back into it would require a massive balancing effort, with many, many abilities that would need to be changed.
    Also, its not as easy as it sounds. Lets use Stormstrike and WF weapons as and example. If you balance Stormstrike around the idea you use a 2h weapon, then you would need to make sure its damage isn't too high for a instant 2h strike otherwise its damage will be to high in PVP. You'd also have to re-balance windfury weapon. You wouldn't be able to have WF weapon procing an extra two attacks+ additional AP on top of having a huge 2h strike because the burst would be ridiculous.
    However once you balance those abilities around 2h weapons you find that they suck for DW since they don't do enough damage, you can't buff DW damage directly because that would mean 2h damage goes trough the roof. I'm not saying it isn't possible, but its definitely no worth the effort to do. Blizzard realized this very same thing and that why they decided to take shamans in the direction of DW and scrap 2h, because it was mathematically unviable to balance both within the same tree, and it still is.

So, if you want to bring back 2h viability, don't simply say you want 2h viability, start working on some theory crafting on how to make it work, invent new abilities, run simulations to see how both scale with different stats and on different levels, compare DPS numbers and submit them to Blizzard. Otherwise 2h DPS is dead and will remain dead for shamans, forever.

15+ Year Old Account

I am one step ahead of you, already done the theory crafting!

My theory is that if I craft a gigantic axe and whack the shit out of people with it, it will be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by BigGann
    WF doesn't proc off Yellow Swings anyway, which WF is.
    It proccs off of storm strike however, which is a yellow attack.

15+ Year Old Account

True, but to be fair they had to add that exception in a patch. It will not proc from extra attacks from items, or specials.

Like Hand of Justice will not proc a WF attack.

Even if they have to do this a simple .05 second hidden cooldown would do the trick.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Brogart
    Good luck with your campaign. Especially with the official stance Blizz set when they stated that Enhance 2H will never again be viable.
    Thanks for making an account and showing ppl that u hav no faith in ppl qq'ing
    If noone QQd about stuff nothing in this life would change for the better.
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

...What about my post seemed like I was whining?
    The part where you say you dont have an active account so you can post yourself what you would like on official forums.

If you dont play the game/want to play the game, then just dont. If you want to play the game, then do, wich would mean that you had an active account, coming back to the first part - you dont want to play the game, so just dont.

WTB threadlock. Also:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-sh...ficial-thread/

Go there to further discuss things that will never happen, regardless whether you want to or not.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&cn=Dralidoth

1. Windfury Change. Imbues a weapon blah blah extra attacks blah blah. "When applied to a 2 handed weapon the chance per swing increases to 30%, and the internal cooldown is removed.
    Just WOW, maybe, if there was no PVP but come on! This would be total faceroll
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Deleted

Rather give us a tank specc then 2h viability, i love enhancment at its current state. 2H is fun in BGs when you see a new dinged mage and you get a nice WF procc, lets just leave it there. Enhancement got everything you can ask for, its easy enough that everyone can play it, but its still require alot more focus then most other classes/speccs to bring back 2hand, will make us nothing more then SS, shock, <your new attack> then snooze for 4 sec, rinse and repeat. MW will be useless without Dualwield.

No leave Enhanc where it is, tho i would cry if we could do a decent job tanking :P

Deleted

See: http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-sh...ficial-thread/

Also if you want to 'campaign' to get it back use the world of warcraft offical forums.