Cata Final Tier Demo Talents thoughts

Had a couple of thoughts this afternoon about possible final tier talents for Demo locks and how they could go. Read a few people saying it'd be cool to see changes or various extra benefits for Metamorphosis. Started a thought process along the lines of a final tier with three options, each mutually exclusive; ie, if you chose one, the other two get locked out. Each one would call upon different parts of warlocks, Aff, Demo of Destro. It could go something along the lines of this:

Curse of Eternal Nightmares: When in Metamorphosis, you inflict target with the Curse of Eternal Nightmares, causing the target to go into a frenzy, lowering defence ratings and increases damage dealt by your Shadow periodic spells. The frenzy causes the target to recieve a greater amount of threat from it's main target

Plague of Eternal Shadows: Summons an army of demonic shadows to fight at your side. The army slows attack speed of target and upon seeing these fellow creatures of shadow, your pet swells with fury, increasing attack speed and damage.

Wrath of Eternal Flames: Ignites the target with flames of doom, increasing fire damage recieved. Each non-periodic fire damage received stacks the flames, up to XX stacks.

Just wondering what other people's thoughts are about what the final tier for demo's in Cata will be

Re: Cata Final Tier Demo Talents thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by hottdog
    Been a while since I read anything about it, but aren't they not adding new talents for Cata?
    They're not making the talent trees any deeper.

We're gaining 5 talent points.

All talent trees are being revamped with [u][i]NEW talents being added to cover many talents such as "damage increased by 1/2/3/4/5%" being moved to Path of Mastery.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

^

What I had basically originally said.

The talent trees are not being extended, only the earlier talents seeing the removal of most of the mandatory "damage increase" etc ones and replaced by some which give us more choice.
    We will get an extra 5 points to spend which means you can go further into the secondary tree.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

aff need a brust and a run-away tool

(whatever name) 30 sec CD instant cast
    cause ???damage and the dispell effect of UA to the target , must be used on target affected by your UA

(name again) 20sec CD instant cast 10yard range
    slow your target for 50% for 5sec, each of your debuff on the target increase the slow for extra 10% (5 debuff to root your target)

demo need a brust and defenstive tool

(XXX) 30 sec CD instant cast 30 yards range
    cause your active demon rush to your target and dealing damage equal to your SP puls your active demon's AP , if your demon is in melee range of the target , it also knok the target back for 10 yards

(YYY) 90 sec CD instant cast
    consum demonic engry regen 15% life every sec. for 5secs , while consumming engry, all damage done to u reduce by 90%

destro need a weak filter spell with no cast time and a root to buy time for the casting spell

(NNN) instant cast
    deal ?? damage to the target at a cost of 5% of your base hp

(aftermath) your config have 100% and your immo tick have 20% to cause aftermath, aftermath root your enemy for 3sec and cause your enemy to take 20% more damage form your destro spell for 6secs

Quote Originally Posted by vkei
    aff need a brust and a run-away tool
    CoEx? And why burst if we have best dispell protection via UA?
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

even with all your DOT not being dispelled , they still never killing anyone since they are toooooooooooooo slow , with an active slince + brust , aff stand a chance to actually kill something
    coex never get u away from melee since u slow them for 30% but they slow u for 50% , a root with only 10 yards which need 5 debuff or coex+another debuff on your target not seems OP to me just buy to some time and range for your DOTs doing thier job

anyway , those are just for fun.........but also the things that i see lock's lacking , like aff's DOT just outheal by hots with instant cast or never kill someone b4 they kill u , like destro have nothing to u when moving , those thing also works good in PvE aff get a more complex rotation now and some more brust on adds , destro get more damage overall , demon also have 1 more botton to play with

15+ Year Old Account

dont get ur hopes up on totally new talents, might be 1 new IF a tree got useless ones and they wont change those, for example hellfire.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Your ideas seem like rehashes of what other classes already have. I don't really think that would help us to have an Army of the Dead, then people would just complain that warlocks using our AotD is causing lag and stuffs, or that having another Demonic Empowerment is too much. Also, if we get an Aff burst, there would be a huge PvP backlash, of how OP we would be. Baseline CoExhaustion would be cool for helping other specs in PvP, and then for Deep Demo I'd just like to see talents that affect enslaved pets (so summoning Infernal or Doomguard isn't a DPS loss)

Truly, the only thing I could fathom would be a fair change is another Soulfire style spell to be used in deep demo, as opposed to spamming SB until MC proc. Although that makes
    me think it would just be another Chaos Bolt. Idk I can't wait what blizz offers us tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    dont get ur hopes up on totally new talents, might be 1 new IF a tree got useless ones and they wont change those, for example hellfire.

I'm assuming that the devs will replace the talents they merge into the Mastery System with new mechanics. Essentially, they would keep the old talent names but add new mechanics to replace the static buffs they formerly provided.
    Dranei Ultra-Nationalist and Mac'Aree Patriot

10+ Year Old Account

wtb the ability to fly in Demon form

It would be cool if they had an improved Unstable Affliction talent extension. Do something like " X% on UA tick to cause X dmg +X% per aff debuff to enemies within 10yrds of target and X% on UA crit to cause the dispell affect" and either have it remove UA or keep it. If UA staying after the "dispel effect" is too OP maybe put an internal cd so that it can only occur within soo many seconds so it can only happen once or twice during a UA duration. Would give burst & aoe to the aff tree.
    [CENTER][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp]

"ok one down...get that druid....wait...the druid is dead??"

15+ Year Old Account

I would like talent trees with multiple final talents but you can only pick one of them.
    So multiple warlocks can be Demo with still slightly a different builds.

Of course the talents need to be balanced so they (are fun and) equally powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891
    I would like talent trees with multiple final talents but you can only pick one of them.
    So multiple warlocks can be Demo with still slightly a different builds.

Of course the talents need to be balanced so they (are fun and) equally powerful.
    i think that would be incredible if they could implement that and it would give a
    lot more diversity to a talent tree

You will never please all of the people all of the time, so Blizzard should not even try to. Anyway fingers crossed all will be revealed tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shebaa
    You will never please all of the people all of the time, so Blizzard should not even try to. Anyway fingers crossed all will be revealed tomorrow.
    Green fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenstine
    i think that would be incredible if they could implement that and it would give a
    lot more diversity to a talent tree
    Yeah, this is what i was getting at. The options I gave were for Deep demo only; as in only in use when in Metamorphosis.

And I had overlooked (reads: forgot) there being no new talents, just a refinement/change of what we have now, so this is all a mute point anyway. Nice speculation though