Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Guess the new priest spells and changes

I am not sure what I think about having three different single target healing spells: 1,5 second cast, 2 seconds cast and a 3 seconds cast. I have to say that Blizzard is right that healers should think more about their mana pools than now, but I think it's a wrong way to achieve it.
    I can see when a fast small heal is effective, and I can see when a slow strong heal is effective, but I can't see why you would want something medium. I can't imagine an encounter where all three will be needed in order to have a balance between mana and healing output. Yeah, it sounds logical, but when I try to imagine it, I just can't. Then the 1,5 heal need to be very small if a 2 sec has to be more effective, but if a 1,5 sec heals too less, it won't save lives for those "SPAM" situations which they try to explain it's meant to be for. I'm sorry I just don't see it, but perhaps it's because I'm not used to the increased healht pools or something.

imo, they have to do something to Gheal, for 1 simple reason, i specced holy for dreamwalker on our hm try, yes i only took spells which benefited single target healing more than raid healing(aka CoH and such spells was not taken)
    before the first portals spawn, i looked at my healing done compared to his, he was spamming holy light and i was spamming GHeal, don't know why thou, but he got angry at me for using Fheal more than Gheal on a previous try. i had 50% (ex:if i had 500k he had 1million) of his healing done before the first portals. they really gotta do something about it.

Keep in mind that both the short fast heal and the slow big heal will be quite mana inefficent. If you try and ignore it, then you *will* run out of mana and not be able to heal at all. It doesn't make much sense in the current games infinite mana pools, but if you remember back in Vanilla, Downranking and Healer Rotations were important because Mana was actually an issue.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    All you need to do is refresh it before it falls off and it will never be a problem. Remember that refreshing a DoT this way will not just apply a new DoT which starts ticking when you cast it, it will increase the amount of remaining time on the DoT. So if you keep Vampiric Touch refreshed all the time, then you will have it on the boss for the entire boss fight, and the distance between the ticks will be the same, without a break like they currently have when refreshing.

Like I said above(although not in my OP), the system becomes clunky when the duration of the fight lasts less than the length needed to add another tick. But overall, the system is actually good(we're even more mana efficient...). Now if they just changed the haste mechanic without the clipping mechanic, then it would be extremely clunky the entire fight.

another HoT would be nice maybe not as high ticking as renew but maybe faster ticking or make renew benefit from haste kind of like DoTs do that would be pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by muto
    another HoT would be nice maybe not as high ticking as renew but maybe faster ticking or make renew benefit from haste kind of like DoTs do that would be pretty sweet.
    One of holy's mastery will be that our crit(I think) heals will cause spells to heal an additional more over x seconds.

Final tick of MF should reset CD on MB. Clipping MF is silly.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by PriestLuna
    1. I would argue a large fraction of existing spells in the game are much more effective in a 25man atmosphere. I'd still be happy with it targeting 5 people, but would rather it be a bit more spammable. Your comment that it wouldn't be fair in 25mans is mute, every non-single target spell or ability scales better in 25mans than 10/5mans of course.

2. The "NOW IS THE TIME" effect isn't going to be accomplished. I already have "NOW IS THE TIME" spells like Divine Hymn, Hymn of Hope, Shadowfiend, Penance, Prayer of Healing, Binding Heal, Fade, etc. Classes already have these "NOW IS THE TIME" spells and it's fine for all specs heals, dps, tanking. We refer to them as CDs, do we not? Now is the time, pop your CDs. I think adding more CD abilities will be the stupid move as they already aren't used as often as they could be thanks to outgearing, good play, etc. I propose it'll dumb down rotations, and baddies won't know when to use them anyway.
    1. Almost all healing spells (aoe wise) is restricted to a certain amount of persons. Here's some examples:
    Circle of Healing = 5 persons.
    Prayer of Healing = 5 persons.
    Wild Growth = 5 persons.
    Tranquility = 5 persons.
    Chain Heal = 4 persons (?).
    Totem = 5 persons (?).
    Healing Rain = healing divided if hitting more than 10 people.

I know nothing about Paladin, but lets say that have a aoe that targets all raid members, so this would sum up to 1 aoe healing spell better (by a large amount: 200% plus more healing) in 25 than in 10 mans. So I don't think a large fraction of existing spells are much more effective (we are talking more than double here) in 25 man raids. Besides 5 man Power Word: Barrier would have a CD.

2. More correctly, "NOW IS THE TIME" effect isn't going to be accomplished with YOUR spell idea. Just because we have it, doesn't mean we shouldn't have more at all. I see the effectiveness in the spell, but I don't see the fun is just keeping it used every CD. Again I just say what Blizzard wishes to do, and it's far away from what they want. Look at the new Healing Rain spell. It's definitely fun and different and will require you to "think" about how to gain most benefit out of it, and you can't use it every CD because it won't be needed all the time and it won't be cheap to do so (probably). That's what Blizzard want.

Wouldn't that make us druids?

The problem with priests, is that we really have all the heals we ever need. The only niche we're missing is a cheap heal, as all our heals are expensive, and some are horribly expensive. But many heals are using outdated mechanics (PoH!). And some are downright broken (Lightwell!).

In general, adding more heals is only going to push other heals out of the repertoire. In some cases, that might be okay like when penance killed gheal for disc. But mostly, it's just a waste. Better to rework and update the failing tools we have.

For instance:

- Prayer of Mending now stacks
    - Prayer of Healing reworked somehow to not be group-based and not smart
    - Shields mechanic reworked to allow shields to stack somehow, without ending up as OP
    - Lightwell replaced with a giant floating pizza. It does nothing, but smells vaguely of oregano.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Keep in mind that both the short fast heal and the slow big heal will be quite mana inefficent. If you try and ignore it, then you *will* run out of mana and not be able to heal at all. It doesn't make much sense in the current games infinite mana pools, but if you remember back in Vanilla, Downranking and Healer Rotations were important because Mana was actually an issue.
    I think you got it wrong.Quick small heal will be inneficient,big slow heal will be inneficient and normal/normal will be efficient only for filling the middle way.What I mean is that if you want to save someone quickly you will have to use the quick inneficient,whereas if you want to heal big amounts you will use the bif inneficient heal.Both of them will be more efficient than your normal/normal heal for the purpose they serve (quick/big) and the normal/normal will be the middle way (though using only this will result in either your guy dieing because you werent quick enough or spamming your normal/normal heal because you want to top your target which will run you out of mana)

Some nuke spell for shadow, maby something, that takes away your dot, but for every dot you got on target it does a certaint %more dmg.
    Fixing/replacing of lightwell.
    Body and soul kind of thing to disc three, whic would be rly nice for pvp.
    And i got a silly wish that never will be true: be able to use healing spells in shadowform.

15+ Year Old Account

All our non-hot spells will add a hot on the healed target with the new mastery (unless they changed it).

Quote Originally Posted by Elothie
    I think you got it wrong.Quick small heal will be inneficient,big slow heal will be inneficient and normal/normal will be efficient only for filling the middle way.What I mean is that if you want to save someone quickly you will have to use the quick inneficient,whereas if you want to heal big amounts you will use the bif inneficient heal.Both of them will be more efficient than your normal/normal heal for the purpose they serve (quick/big) and the normal/normal will be the middle way (though using only this will result in either your guy dieing because you werent quick enough or spamming your normal/normal heal because you want to top your target which will run you out of mana)
    How did I get that wrong? I was basically saying the exact same thing as you. You will use your inefficent (mana-wise) heals when you need to, but you will use your mana-efficent heal when you can, to save mana (obviously). If you try using nothing but your fast and your big heals, you will run out of mana. If you look at my other posts in this thread, I said that I wouldn't be surprised if we got new ranks of Heal to fill in the middle-ground.

Keep in mind when I spoke about efficency, I meant mana-efficency. Obviously if you are choosing a slower heal and the person dies because you didn't cast it fast enough, that's not the mose efficent heal for the job...
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by iLive
    All our non-hot spells will add a hot on the healed target with the new mastery (unless they changed it).
    All our DIRECT heals will add a hot.

The question is what qualifies as a direct heal.

GHeal, FHeal, Heal.. .sure.
    Renew? ... probably not.
    Empowered Renew? Can't say. A hot on my hot would be... hot.
    Prayer of Mending? ... Who knows. Probably not.
    Prayer of Healing? ... aoe, probably not.
    Circle of Healing? .. smart, probably not
    Binding Heal? ... Some would say yes. But what's the difference between this and PoH?
    Lightwell? More indirect you can't get it. So no.
    Desperate Prayer? I'd say yes, but you don't target anyone...

So if it's only affecting fheal, gheal and heal, I'm officially underwhelmed.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    All our DIRECT heals will add a hot.

The question is what qualifies as a direct heal.

GHeal, FHeal, Heal.. .sure.
    Renew? ... probably not.
    Empowered Renew? Can't say. A hot on my hot would be... hot.
    Prayer of Mending? ... Who knows. Probably not.
    Prayer of Healing? ... aoe, probably not.
    Circle of Healing? .. smart, probably not
    Binding Heal? ... Some would say yes. But what's the difference between this and PoH?
    Lightwell? More indirect you can't get it. So no.
    Desperate Prayer? I'd say yes, but you don't target anyone...

So if it's only affecting fheal, gheal and heal, I'm officially underwhelmed.
    I forgot what it was called, sorry. Bad boy needs punishm.... jokes to the side.

Hoenstly I think PoM will have the hot aswell.

I would imagine that all direct healing spells would simply be all healing spells that heal once they land, as opposed to Heal over Time spells. If that's true the only spells that wouldn't be affected would be Renew, Lightwell and possibly Prayer of Mending since it isn't a direct heal, but rather a buff that heals once conditions are met (they take damage). With no evidence at all, I would go with my gut and say that ProM will be included too.

I doubt they would make a mastery that only works with like two spells though.

"Holy is now the DPS spec
    Disc is the Healing spec
    Shadow is the PVP spec

Fuck priests! "

Umbral Lance
    2s cast
    8s CD

Skewers the target for X to Y shadow damage and afflicts the target with Darken Mind, causing your next Mind Flay to deal 5% more damage for each of your damage over time spells currently affecting the target.

I was thinking of ways to make a "no cooldown nuke" work with the existing shadow mechanics, and couldn't think of anything until I saw how Warlock dots were being treated. Assuming we get the same mechanic, I can see them adding (or modifying Mind Blast to be) a spell that's less damage per cast than mind flay, but extends the duration of your current dots by a short amount. So if your dots have plenty of time to go, mind flay away, but if they're close and it's going to mess up your rotation to get them refreshed in time, you can use the weaker nuke to add in some more burst before needing to refresh.

Nothing can shake my believe that this world is the fruit of a dark god whose shadow I extend -- Emil Cioran

15+ Year Old Account

seeing as they've said we'll be getting a new shadow nuke and an ability to use when spell locked in shadow, i've come up with this idea based on frostfire/fellflame bolt.

Shadowfrost bolt:
    0-2 sec cast
    Launches a bolt of shadowfrost at the enemy, causing X shadowfrost damage. This spell will be checked against the lower of the target's Shadow and Frost resists.

I think it needs an other effect aswell, but a bit in doubt as too what. One could be to let it reduce movement speed, but since mf already does this i see it unlikely unless its removed from mf. Another could be the increase the duration of vt/dp as the new warlock bolt does. but this would make those spells indenticly, and i gues that is higly unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne
    New Talent
    Shadow Power: Each time your Mind Flay deals damage, there is a 33/66/100% chance to gain the Shadow Power effect. Shadow Power increases the damage dealt by your next Shadowfrost bolt by 10%. Stacks up to 6 times.
    this way mf will stil be our filler, by having shadowfrost only being better than mf at 6 stacks.