Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Death Knights will tank as Blood in Cataclysm

absolutely bloody disgusting

i've been blood dps right from the get go, and this is wrong, if i didn't love my DK so much i'd abandon her right now (or maybe when cata comes out), now i have to switch to a dps playstyle i dislike

Wait, does this mean feral is getting screwed too?

If you want to dps as a druid you have to go boomkin? -screams-
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooo not blood !

I've enjoyed playing as a blood tank since release this works for me
    Blood Legion DK

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry

maybe, who knows.

Maybe they can finally add a bit of spice to the rotation then.

Because currently my dps rotation is very similar to my tanking rotation, which I find dulls the experience...a lot.

Oh and the bit about some dks were jealous of protection cooldowns-- Since when? And why would they be? Ours>theirs. This is obviously a bogus opinion injected into this explanation to try to make us feel better, since we all know the real reason they are limiting it to one tree is b/c they are throwing in the towel.

15+ Year Old Account

Very nice change, but couldn't it have been frost instead.

Love blood dps :'(

As a Frost DK tank who tanks in ICC 10 and 25, I'm not sold on the idea unless they can give you the option in the blood tree to Dual Wield with appropriate talents to boot.

I only hope they can still give us the awsomeness which is a Howling Blast like talent in blood for tanking, cause that shiet is awsome.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann
    *Radiates happiness*
    I agree, frost tankings mitigation sucks and there are too many people trying to do DW (im a rogue usualy so i dont wanna dual weild anymore, you may feel otherwise), unholy was great prenerf, but now you dont put out enough threat. blood has some realy good mitigation, makes it easier on the healers, a few raid buffs, and threat is from optimal dps. i see no reason why blood shouldnt be the permenant tanking tree. Good move blizz

Blargh.

I've been Blood DPS for a longgggggg time now. Favorite spec. So, blargh once again.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry

No, because there still is the Cat Form.

mega lame. Blood os the most fun spec to play. I feel like there gonna completely ruin it's novelty.

10+ Year Old Account

I like the decision for only 1 spec, but why blood? Players are used to Frost, and Ice just makes sense as a tanking type. Which is the harder substance: blood or ice? Hm...

I expect they have a reason for blood, I have no idea what it could be though.

Quote Originally Posted by LXIX
    Maybe they can finally add a bit of spice to the rotation then.

Because currently my dps rotation is very similar to my tanking rotation, which I find dulls the experience...a lot.
    I don't find having similar rotations/abilities makes it dull, but it does mean it can take me a while to notice if I'm using the wrong talent spec...

Deleted

Great change tho I would rather make it frost, since they seem bit more armored and bulky, and they could Dw tanking weapons?

damn.. when i just thought of a good tanking/soloing spec this comes up :-\

Awesome. I love tanking, i have 3 of the 4 tanking classes (though my druid is currently balance/resto i spent all of BC as a feral tank) but the only reason WHY i hadn't yet done a DK tank was exactly because of the reason they mentioned, there's tank and dps talents mixed in all three trees. That really turned me off for some reason. Additionally, i wanted to be blood-spec, so the fact that blood will be THE tanking tree... it makes me much more interested in leveling a DK alt.

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher
    I like the decision for only 1 spec, but why blood? Players are used to Frost, and Ice just makes sense as a tanking type. Which is the harder substance: blood or ice? Hm...

I expect they have a reason for blood, I have no idea what it could be though.
    used to frost? any good DK tank, in high end-game raiding guilds raids as blood, it's far superior with it's self-healing and cooldowns then frost -.-

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher
    Players are used to Frost
    Which players exactly? Blood has been the superior end-game tanking tree for Death Knights since Ulduar. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Also, WOOOHOOOOOOO!!!

Although Unholy has always been my favorite spec, this will make things much better balance wise for DKs. It was a good experiment with the 3 trees, but sticking to what works seems the better way to go about it this time.

the change was needed. there was an above poster stating that blood had an identity crisis and it does. from my experience with my main DK, having frost and unholy as our dps specs makes ALOT of sense.

i hope that for frost, they buff 2H dmg for the spec so frost doesn't turn into, HEY DW TREE SPECZORS go frost plz. also with unholy, be interesting if they could had DW viability.

am i going to miss blood as a dps spec? yea kinda....actually no i'm not. if i wanted to dps as blood, i should've made my warrior/pally my main.