Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Death Knights will tank as Blood in Cataclysm

The only people with the right to QQ a bit are the Blood DPS dks's. All Frost or Unholy tanks will find bits of their talents condensed into the blood tree, so if you liked tanking Frost, you'll still have your toys in Cata. Probably not the dualwield but.. cmon, wtf tanking is that with 2 weapons? It doesn't even sound menacing enoug.
    And probably they will let sub-speccing into DW in case you choose points from frost as subspec, so tanks will be able to be DW blood too, probably. Or whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    Wait, does this mean feral is getting screwed too?

If you want to dps as a druid you have to go boomkin? -screams-
    not gonna happen lol

and what about abomination's might and raid comps??

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann
    No, because there still is the Cat Form.
    That doesn't mean it has to be supported by talents.

Blood DKs will still be able to go into blood presence while not actively tanking. Bears would go into cat.

They could easily do it. I'm just hoping they don't. They can change moonkin to the dedicated tank tree if they want one.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Now I can go ahead and laugh at all those people who said "LOL FROST IS THE TANKING TREE NUB"

and maybe all those kiddies DW rimefang's claw will fall away!

wow fuck you too blizzard i loved to dps blood and i was very good at it now my options are to play unholy which is my least favorite spec or frost dw which is next in line when i actually liked 2h frost and blood as my fav now theyre both gone....... fuck you :'(

So, byebye versatility that defines the DK way? bah...

Now we're nothing but warriors wannabe

This makes sense, but I enjoy blood dps over any other spec. Oh well, new dps main in cata I suppose, no biggie.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher
    I like the decision for only 1 spec, but why blood? Players are used to Frost, and Ice just makes sense as a tanking type. Which is the harder substance: blood or ice? Hm...

I expect they have a reason for blood, I have no idea what it could be though.
    you are part of the : oh you arent a frost tank? You suck!
    ive seen that more then once..

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    The few of us who enjoyed blood? Blood being the top dps spec?

Hell, I know most people loved blood and hated using the other 2 specs when blood was subpar. Now that blood is viable again, they turn it into prot.

Lol. DKs get screwed.
    Blood and unholy playstyle is almost exactly the same just different names and better arp scaling which is going away in cata.

This will be great for balancing and will probably help out dks for pvp and dps balance and they will have more talents to choose from for dps and tank.

Deleted

Blood was the sh1t ever since wotlk came out... i remember reading about it and thinking
    "Wow plate+self heals= uber aoe grind lvling pvp specc"
    I know it went through many changes all 3 trees but thats like the worst tree they could have picked to make prot equivelant....

Phail blizz is phail

Edit: Also phail in the fact that the advertised 2h weilding class is loosing its only viable 2h dps specc

If i wanted to dual weild clanky 1h's i would have rolled a shaman >.>

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher
    Players are used to Frost
    Nope

I usually think most changes made by Blizzard are reasonable, but this is getting ridiculous. They are gonna spend even more time changing the class because they had to spend much time tweaking it? Because it felt "unfair" to warriors and paladins that they were tweaking so much more on DKs tanking? Lol.
    The homogenization is now reaching alarming levels, and even worse, the change to fundamental design of a lot of classes and such is gonna wreck up balance and force them to spend way too much resources on actually balancing the chaos they've created.
    I guess I won't be playing my DK much in Cataclysm, since it basically destroys a lot of what attracted me to the class; the choice of playstyle.

I'm actually pretty shocked about it, if I didn't know that April Fool's was a couple of days ago, I'd have thought it was a ridiculous joke. Considering that I've got all classes at lvl 80, I'm fearing for the other classes I've learned to play and love.

I just hope they won't mess Shamans; I'm already sceptical with the dispel changes and the previous history of Shaman development. With this change in fundamental class design, I'm beginning to dread...

Quote Originally Posted by Oommx
    the change was needed. there was an above poster stating that blood had an identity crisis and it does. from my experience with my main DK, having frost and unholy as our dps specs makes ALOT of sense.

i hope that for frost, they buff 2H dmg for the spec so frost doesn't turn into, HEY DW TREE SPECZORS go frost plz. also with unholy, be interesting if they could had DW viability.

am i going to miss blood as a dps spec? yea kinda....actually no i'm not. if i wanted to dps as blood, i should've made my warrior/pally my main.
    They just said that they're going back to tree specialties instead of trying to make every tree do everything, just be satisfied that they're being so up front with the upcoming changes.

Three rules to live by: 1. Be polite. 2. Be professional. 3. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Nooooo. my lovely dps-specc. I hate you blizz. I know well that it wasn't "The" dps-specc, but I loved the playstyle so much.

Quote Originally Posted by DeusX
    The only people with the right to QQ a bit are the Blood DPS dks's. All Frost or Unholy tanks will find bits of their talents condensed into the blood tree, so if you liked tanking Frost, you'll still have your toys in Cata. Probably not the dualwield but.. cmon, wtf tanking is that with 2 weapons? It doesn't even sound menacing enoug.
    And probably they will let sub-speccing into DW in case you choose points from frost as subspec, so tanks will be able to be DW blood too, probably. Or whatever...
    No.

First-They aren't going to add bone armor, unbreakable armor, antimagic zone.... etc into blood. That would be incredibly overpowered.

Second- How is dual wielding suddenly less menacing than a 2h?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

ive played blood dps since day one it has been and will be my favorite. but this goes to show you that at the end of wotlk ill retire my dk and i wont touch him ever again

So much for the whole "Hero" class thing.

My only problem is that I've always felt Frost should be the tanking spec. I know that's my problem, but I thought the idea of freezing your blood and icing over your armor all really made sense for tanking. Draining their blood to heal yourself does, too, but...in contrast, making your enemy cold is stupid. I mean, REALLY stupid. Frost Mages, of course, hit you with ice and such...but Death Knight's don't really do that. They just make it chilly and the wind blow.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Intelligent thinking at last, for change.
    Now just make subtlety PvP tree for rogues,
    assassination PvE daggers and combat PvE all other weapons,
    and everyone will be happy
    Bigger than Life.

This is sad, blood is the only kind of dk i know how to dps as , bye heartstrike.