Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Death Knights will tank as Blood in Cataclysm

Hooray, finally Blizzard does what I've been quietly complaining to myself and my friends about for months.

Well i think its pointless to say that DK is if you all remember a first Hero class, but blizz down ranks him to ground. It was then you have a chance of choice wich tank tree you would or could be, but this change making us to be only 1 build for tanking its nosense. I think blizz just cant stand and see that DK still are unique in something and in further future they will give us shields and 1H weapons

10+ Year Old Account

Looks like we'll have just another warrior clone. Class designer, kill yourself.
    91 lvl Elit Alcoholic Ирез

10+ Year Old Account

These changes sounds cool enough.
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

in before waves of QQ;

I'm an experienced Death Knight both Tank and DPS, played a DK as main consecutively since basically the Alpha, and here's my honest opinion; I'm fine with this.
    I've been a blood tank for a while now, and I think it's the one that works for the best imo, with the selfhealing and easy executable rotations, I was blood dps for over half a year and it was ok, it was fun but in a way pretty boring and singular, so I'm pretty happy with this, was expecting something like this to happen imo ever since the announced passive bonuses for each tree, since I figured that'd get rough with three tanking trees..
    It was a nice niche at first, and let us always remember frost and unholy tanking in our hearts

Tank/Dual Wield DPS/2h+Pet DPS

at least DK's are a bit dumbed down for the newbies now, less DK nubs in pugs! yay!
    Skysin/Xavius EU

10+ Year Old Account

frankly i like this change ive seen so many debates on which is bettter tank for dks and im glad it can be put to rest ohwell guess im gonna have to get use to another tree for my dk but ohwell ;D

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

I'm... wary of this. I have spent a good while now waffling between blood and frost tanking (and 2H vs. DW tanking within Frost) before finally settling in on the damage-reduction approach of Frost 2H and the AOE threat potential.

I guess when they say "cool tanking abilities" from Frost they are talking about more than UA and Frigid Dreadplate. Blood needs something that can replace the lost AOE threat burst of Howling Blast.

I'll be pretty upset if they don't change up the trees so I can pick up Howling Blast to tank with. And I'll be a little upset if they don't make it so I can still dual-wield tank (not that I do now, because of my available weapons, but I wanted to be able to once I got some better 1handers).

If both are off the table I'll be very upset.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

they will change presence (frost is tank, blood is dps)??
    they move: Icy talons, unbreakable armor, frigid dreadpalte and howling blast to blood???
    crazy
    :P

I think its a good change. This will make balancing so much easier.

I liked THE tri tank. Unholy reallly worked well for AoE tanking. You saw a lot of unholy tanks for sarth3d in 3.0 because of their CD's. It's kind of funny you never saw a lot of frost tanks. But the class was a great tank overall.

Before u read, this is a Q.Q!

I've never wined about a nerf or tweak or anything from Blizz since the game exists.
    I love playing blood how it is at the momeny, I hate unholy and frost! I love the idea of keeping myself alive with offensive abilities! I was completely happy :O Now my class/spec is gone =\ I can't go unholy/frost cause I hate em, so I have to go and play my 80 druid.. Wich means all my hard achievements etc are gone! even my what a long strange trip its been =( Make achie account wide(with the name of the first character to earn it underneath it, and otherwise the char ur on, if that one has it) or please let blood be able to dps >.< I love dpsing as blood! Thats my WoW! Sad

Ty for reading my QQ

Personally, I think this will be a good change for DK's. Mostly for the new player coming in and wanting to play a DK and tank, yet not understanding how they currently work. My DK was the last toon I leveled out of 8 total level 80s. I never had any desire to level one until I got bored and basically leveled him here and there when all my dailies were done and I didn't have anything else to do on my 3-4 "mains". I found that leveling a DK is super fun since you never die and can just pull everything. You add their super OPness at the lower levels with the BoA items (weapon, chest, shoulders) and it's just a darn killing machine. Anyway, I noticed people getting DK's and thinking they could take with them just because they had 1.5k more health than others around their level bracket and the reality was, they couldn't tank and most of the people playing DK's, pretty much grinded to 55 just so they could play the DK class. I know this isn't the case all the time, but it is atleast 50% of the time.

I'm not good at playing my DK and I have some decent gear now. I don't fully understand the runes and I always feel like I'm idle and w/o runic power. It's probably because I haven't taken the time to ask questions or research the class. I love tanking on both my warrior and my paladin (sometimes my druid, but rarely.. I'd rather HoT the 5man and afk while on follow ) and it's really easymode with those guys and they have so many utilities to aide in the damage they take and threat. I built up a tanking set for my DK and I just can't seem to get enough threat generated because it's like fishing in a sea of DPS talents in order to find what works for tanking. I understand that was sort of the point and I think it's a fun idea. They're unique and it has worked. I know several very good DK tanks but they tend to be mana sponges or at least that's what it feels like when I'm healing one. Having their own dedicated tanking spec will give them utilities like paladins and warriors. Maybe not the same exact things but tanking specific defenses and cooldowns. I play Blood and I'll miss playing that when I'm bored and nothing else to do. I've tried out Unholy lately and it's not terribly bad... I've always had a fascination with the thought of spreading disease and plague across the land to render my foe helpless (which is why I play a Warlock as my main). I've heard Frost is alot of fun so I'll just wait for the changes they have in mind for those 2 dps specs. I'm sure it'll be awesome, lets just wait for official news to break before we freak.

I know it's hard to, trust me. I'll probably freak out when something happens to my Warlock that I don't want to, but I trust Blizzard and even if I don't agree with them all the time, I know they're doing it for the good of the game and it could all be changed in the future. Lets welcome their ideas with open arms and see where they take it thru Beta. Lets utilize positive attitudes and talk to the Dev team like they're human so they listen to them. Disrespecting them in the forums and screaming curse words does nothing and they don't respond well to those types of attitudes. Lets use the suggestion forums for what they're there for.

Sorry, I'm pretty hyper tonight and I'm sure they is WAAAY too long for anyone to find any interest in reading. I'm pretty talkative in real life too... and in vent, I never shut up. <3

Ok, I'm over it! I'll be unholy

You're QQ would be welcomed if it made any sort of sense. They're changing the other 2 specs so you don't have any idea if you'll like the changes that are coming. Plus, isn't Blood like the lowest DPS output right now? Why would you play something that is behind the other specs in DPS? Sure, it may be pretty faceroll but they could make unholy and frost so that it's a lot more fun to play. Don't play your druid, play your DK. Adapt.. it won't be as bad as you think. Play on the PTR once it opens up for Beta and see how it goes. Give it a chance! It'll be worth it... if after a month into Cata you still hate it then maybe go to your druid.

good changes and something what was needed, just I don't understand so Frost presence will be moved to blood tree, I mean imp frost pres or now Blood pres will be tanking one? since it looks kinda weird to have imp frost pres in blood tree not frost.

About. Fucking. Time.

ps: <3 frost dps

What the bloody fuck.thats bullshit,I love my blood dps and specificly hate uhnholy and frost,why cant they just make frost the tank spec?God damn it :/ I was really looking forward for this expansion too .I dont want tto tank blood i want to dps blood,let frost the one with the precnece that adds to armor and threat be the tank spec.God damn it.

Where the hell is my worgen shaman?

Quote Originally Posted by Restos
    About. Fucking. Time.

ps: <3 frost dps

Yeah about fucking time!! Foanlly off with clueless dk'z, and in with hopefuly some imba dk tanks :dance:

Nice change imo.

U can say frost tanking is better (ATM), maybe Blood will be more fun and stuff once the changes are out