Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Death Knights will tank as Blood in Cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by Creutzfeld
    As a non-DK, i don't understand why they don't make frost the new tanking tree. Well...Frost-presence..so Frost..well....you know.

Anyhow, they would do themselves a favor by making all DK Tanks DW-Tanks for the sake of itemization n stuff.
    Even though i understand that most of you prefer 2htanking.
    As it sits right now all 3 trees are decent at tanking, but blood excels at it. They see stuff they really like in the blood tree for tanking so they are going to beef them up so they don't have to worry about imbalances happening becasue of 3 tanking and 3 dps trees.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Sollace
    Blade Barrier is a passive reduction not a cd
    Blood worms is frankly a terrible talent for tanks as it eats up aoe heals in fights with alot of aoe damage
    Tanks dont spec for Imp Blood Pres , it just isnt worth the talent points.
    Toughness , all tanks have this. I dont see the problem with moving it to blood as its a low tier talent anyway.
    UbA is likely to be changed to a dps cd for frost dks
    Howling blast is a vital frost spell and will NEVER be moved to blood , that would make no sense at all.
    On a Pale Horse is a pvp talent , plain and simple and its unlikely the magic damage reduction talents of unholy would be moved. It would be to much of a nerf to dk pvp.
    Besides those i pointed out , some of the on use cd's will be moved to blood.
    I am happy to learn more about tanking.

I don't consider Blade Barrier to be passive but an ability, were if you mess up your rotation due to fears or movement it could fall off, but I do consider it tanking in nature, and that is why I included it in my list.

You say Bloodworms is teribble for tanking because of them being healed in AOE damage fights. As it stands right now, who takes them? they don't do enough for DPS to take them. They also have very little life. In my experience they die in AOE fights, and wouldn't be alive to recieve an AOE heal. Even if they were taking AOE heals, that would still happen from DPS who took that talent, unless you are saying no PVE DK should take that talent.

I only tank heroics on my blood DK tank, and love Imp Blood Presence. Sometimes I have healers who don't heal, and those 2 talent points have saved my life. In a raid with many healers you may be right.

The reason I think Howling Blast could be moved to blood is because Frost tanks use it as their AOE snap threat ability. If mobs don't have diseases on them, Blood Boil just doesn't get agro back fast enough.

If I were to make a UH DK tank right now, I would include On a Pale Horse in my build, as the talents currently stand because there are some fights were the boss fears you, and sometimes you don't have a shaman in your group to put down totems. That is why I also included it in a maximizing tanking tree that I listed. While it might be okay for DPS to run around feared, if the tank is being feared Ony will get out of position and hurt the raid.

It seems like you had an issue with the magic defensive ablities from UH and the Snap AOE threat ablilty in Frost moving to Blood. If you were to make your ideal tanking tree, which ablilities would you move over?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    The few of us who enjoyed blood? Blood being the top dps spec?

Hell, I know most people loved blood and hated using the other 2 specs when blood was subpar. Now that blood is viable again, they turn it into prot.

Lol. DKs get screwed.
    blood is NOT the top dps spec sir

My Deviantart sig by Axa

Quote Originally Posted by bio
    Please don't talk about things you don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulf
    Please don't talk about things you don't understand.
    Hes right, frost DW is now the top DPS spec with the highest DPS potential, in any class that can DW, DW is always the highest DPS potential.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    Hes right, frost DW is now the top DPS spec with the highest DPS potential, in any class that can DW, DW is always the highest DPS potential.
    Do you actually have any data to back up you're claim?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by bio
    Arms is not a top dps spec. Remove Arms?

Blizzard said it so it must be true :P
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

10+ Year Old Account

Yay!! I love these changes Since I already am a Blood tank.. really it has good TPS and the selfhealing is just soooo epic sometimes you don't even need a healer in Heroics. Frost tank was dead since the beginning.. the lack of TPS was just horrible... Unholy tanking is fun too tho... Anyway I am sooo happy what blizzard is doing with DKs in the past few months *turns on "Happy Presnece"*

I hate this change...

My DK is an alt, and I've been enjoying dps-ing as blood, while tanking as frost...losing the option to do either sucks

Tanked Naxx and Crapduar in Frost. Switched to Blood on ToC and never looked back. Glad they are finally making this change.

Go have a look on EJ (where all the math has been done) and then come back you whiney entitled deathknoob.

Stupid change if you ask me. Oh well, I guess I will go to just dps from now on. Never really liked blood tanking.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Szubie
    I hate this change...

My DK is an alt, and I've been enjoying dps-ing as blood, while tanking as frost...losing the option to do either sucks
    Why? I thint this is just sweet. Unholy DPSing is fun and so is Frost... Howling blast is a DPS meter killer on a lot of mobs

What I want to tell you people... give Blood tanking a chance! It really is worth trying it... First I thought too it's plain stupid.. but after overaggroving my Druid Tank mate with my Blood tank in much worse gear looked like to me as a clear answer.

Oh, ffs. Have you ever met up with a DK tank as a melee class in a BG?

THEY DO NOT DIE WITH THAT SELF HEALING

Plz nerf

I feel like i lost a friend :'(

Quote Originally Posted by fled
    Go have a look on EJ (where all the math has been done) and then come back you whiney entitled deathknoob.
    Hey jerk, we're going to have our whole tree reworked to be for tanking. I think just this once we're entitled to whine just a weee bit ok?

Ass.. >

Quote Originally Posted by Crusoe
    The reason I think Howling Blast could be moved to blood is because Frost tanks use it as their AOE snap threat ability. If mobs don't have diseases on them, Blood Boil just doesn't get agro back fast enough.

If I were to make a UH DK tank right now, I would include On a Pale Horse in my build, as the talents currently stand because there are some fights were the boss fears you, and sometimes you don't have a shaman in your group to put down totems. That is why I also included it in a maximizing tanking tree that I listed. While it might be okay for DPS to run around feared, if the tank is being feared Ony will get out of position and hurt the raid.
    They will doubtfully move Howling Blast but you guys do realize that we will be getting new abilities when Cataclysm hits and it seems as if people are just ignoring those facts and thinking they're just recycling all those abilities and throwing them into other trees. Sure, they may do that for some things but Howling Blast is apart of Frost DPS and it's quite crucial from what I understand. I would imagine when the Blood tanking tree is reworked and the new abilities are out and we know what they will be, there will be an ability that gives you the same, if not better, utility as HB.

Secondly, show me 1 end game DK that has On a Pale Horse and tanks. If you can't find one, try just messaging a DK who is in one the top 10 guilds in the world and get his opinion of On a Pale Horse in regards to a tanking spec. After you do that, please come let us know what he said. I do see what you're trying to say and it is logical but there are far better tanking talents to use the point in.

QQing about the current state of Blood tanking is sort of silly since it's all being reworked so you really have no idea what it's going to be like when these changes take place. This is like beating a dead horse tho, no matter how many times it's said over and over, people will still come up with the same silly arguments and act like the change went live today and completely disregard that the tree and abilities are all being reworked. Blood DPS is just bad but has one good thing, burst... but 3 min later you're last on the meters while Frost is roflpwning your damage. I guess if there wasn't something to mindlessly complain about, it wouldn't be fun. You can tell the people who play DK's and know how to... they're ready for this and think it's awesome. Then you have those that rolled a DK as their main because it's Blood spec faceroll easy. Since you're not going to like the other DPS specs in Cata (seeing as you have no idea what they will be like), start leveling a Retardin or an Arcane Mage now. It's just as faceroll and instead of having diseases you get Holy damage and Arcane magic.

Late to the party but my speculation...

Blood will retain the Vampiric power, and gain Bone Shield or something similar. Icebound Fortitude will remain, but not necessarily just for blood, like it is now. I think Unbreakable Armor may replace Icebound Fortitude, or put as part of the mastery. (ie: as you put points in blood, you get a flat 10% damage reduction and 10% strength, going up).

Frost will be the buff/debuff tree. Dealing with Dual Wielding and Haste especially, but also lowering defenses on opponents, Crowd Control, and maybe even adding defenses to the raid. Mastery will give haste and agility.

Unholy will be more DPS oriented, with the buffs/debuffs being tied directly to the diseases. Basically like it is now, with another Kaboom button. Bone shield will go away, they will only be able to rely on Icebound Fortitude. Mastery will give strength and buff pet damage.

~ No Worries Gaming ~
    Home of Casual Warcraft, THE podcast for the casual in all of us
    Find us on iTunes or on our homepage
    http://www.noworriesgaming.com

Whilst all you blood dps were crying and others were making arguements about making frost the tank tree... The tier 7 2pc (10% crit on ps) was crying out in vengeance. Having a dedicated tank tree will help Blizzard to make less stupid choices with regards to set bonuses too. 2pc tier 9 was 5% blood and heart strike damage. 5% damage on what frost and unholy use only to proc death runes? It'll be for the good of the game, unfortunately sacrificing blood dps to do it. And yes I've tanked as all 3 specs and I kind of liked unholy for magic, frost for phsyical and blood for... Well I'm blood now and that's what counts. Self healing and taking more healing is kinda fun.