DW Frost PvP
    2H Frost PvP
    DW Unholy Tank
    2H Unholy Tank
    DW Unholy DPS
    2H Unholy DPS
    DW Unholy PvP
    2H Unholy PvP

Are Blizzard so incompotent that they cant even balance 3 talent trees around 18 different roles. WTF!

Seriously though, the more interesting question is whether they plan to make Blood and Frost more viable in PvP now that they have a much narrower focus throughout the two trees.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Death Knights will tank as Blood in Cataclysm

Aye, its a sad day for us Blood DPSers however it had to happen eventually. Just a shame it had to be Blood as Frost somehow sounds more tankish than Blood to me. (Not saying Frost > Blood for tanking atm, just saying Ice sounds more defensive than Blood in general).

Always got Unholy to fall back on I guess for 2H DPS. :'(

P.S: I wonder whats going to happen to talents such as Sudden Doom, Dancing Rune Weapon, Abominations Might and Hysteria? Im hoping theyre going to be put into either Frost and/or Unholy, or even be made trainable.
    Dreadmaul US Horde - "Dragonsworn of the Bronze Flight"

This'll be a great change for DKs. Makes a lot of sense.

Blood will be awful for DPS in Cata when there's no Armor Pen, especially if they have to have watered down mastery bonuses b/c their trees were for both tanking and DPSing.

So it's a good time to get rid of it.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

i really ... really want to whine ... but thats so awesome

QQ here and QQ there Tbh I personally don't care because I like to play DK no matter the specc and hey all you "I <3 frost dual wield yay me I'm awsome" your going all out on blizzard because they said "Hey guys blood is the new tanking specc we havn't really told you what we are going to add" and your all like "FUCK YOU BLIZZARD YOU PHAIL I TELL YOU DUAL WIELD OR I WILL BLOW THIS THING TO PIECES... now to find some explosives" give it a rest okay so now you know blood is the new tanking specc, wait with the QQ till after they've said "no dual wield " or "yea dual wield" 'cause tbh your opinion doesn't matter shit :/ but then again this is the internet let's QQ before we even know what we are going to get.
    Mark my words: When we are a year into Cataclysm, posts about "Oh, WotLK was soo great" will start appearing.

Ever since Blizz announced Mastery system I wondered how will they handle passive bonuses with all trees. And now we have the answer. Too bad that change strips DKs of one of their trademarks but I guess it cant be avoided.

So, now DKs will basically be Warriors but with slightly diffrent resource system and with no shields?

15+ Year Old Account

To be honest, once we're past the first tier of raiding in Cata, I'll have enough tank gear built up to just swap to the tank presence and tank heroics as frost anyways. Since crit immunity will be built into presence, any gear with health armor and avoidance will make you a not terrible tank. Sure you'd take less damage and go faster if you were actually blood, but considering aoe threat from frost, I can't imagine that a frost or unholy dk with t11 tanking gear couldn't roflstomp their daily heroic easily. Sure you'll never tank raids, but it doesn't mean you can't tank at all.

Ugh, I can't stand Blood, looks like I got dual spec for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Protlol
    And to the Blood DPS DK's complaining, you're a glorified arcane mage..get over it.
    My main was a mage before DK comes out

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...=Eitrigg&cn=Go

Quote Originally Posted by Alienganja
    I believe this will be a welcomed change, especially since in all honesty they're gonna nerf a lot of the blood talents that bring in a ton of health.

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but think about it...Bloodworms is probably gonna become your "last minute" talent with a hefty cooldown. Most of the other talents will be nerfed to bring them in to more unison with warrior/druid/paladin abilities, you'll probably lose a lot of that self healing, considering it's going to be a main tanking tree, thus...overpowered self healing would be seen as ridiculous.

It'll be interesting to see what happens, but to those of you rejoicing thinking that you're going to be soloing heroics and be at the state you were at the beginning at WotLK...you thought wrong. There will be endless QQ over the next few months, as these changes come to light. I'm going to be glad when people quote this post and say, oh hey look he was right. GL DK's...GL.
    Soloing Heroics.. You mean like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keJHILpX_ko ? DKs are already soloing "hard" content. Don't think they'll change it.

*sad*
    I liked Blood DPS
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

10+ Year Old Account

Blood tanking was always superior just by a little bit. Frost DW tanking is just too fun to be the better tanking spec.

If you didnt see this coming you havent been keeping up with the announcements. There would be no way the mastery system could work with hybrid trees. A DPS with 5% passage dodge or 6% less magic damage is not what blizzard wants to see. Plus blizzard has already announce the mastery talents for the frost tree:

"Frost Death Knight

For each talent point spent in the Frost tree, the death knight also gets:
    Damage – Improves your melee and spell damage by X%.
    Haste – Improves your melee Haste by Y%. This might allow us to remove some of the Haste in the Icy Talons line of talents.
    Runic Power – Improves the rate of runic power generated by abilities. While all death knights want runic power, Frost death knights would generally have more runic power than Blood or Unholy death knights (who would receive a different benefit from their respective trees). Mastery on gear would boost this bonus, and no other talent tree would grant it."

So why would anyone believe it would be still used for tanking?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...amutx/advanced

"Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Sometimes those opinions are wrong though." Daxxarri

Really sucks for me and allot of others that LOVED the blood DPS tree. I leveled as it, geared as it and raided as it and now its going :'(.
    Anyways, I hate Unholy and anyone that says that they are the same thing w/ a Ghoul obviously haven't played both of them properly.
    The only other alternative is Frost DW, which I don't really like either. Man I hope Frost 2H will be viable in Cata...

Not sure how i feel about this... i love frost DW tanking and its more unique then any other tanking style in game. ???

Does this mean DK tanks might suck less? ??? qq

Everytime I get one in a random group they're horrible and usually I just leave.

Quote Originally Posted by LXIX
    One more thing: Can we expect to say good riddance to the talents that are deep into the other trees?

No more acclimation? It was a fun talent that never got to see it's potential.

What about the fun dps talents taken along with blood tanking? No more hysteria? No more abominations might? (Not saying you should take these but...) sudden doom? Blood worms? Dancing Rune Weapon? Those are almost solely dps increases. Will those go the way of the dodo?

I just don't like the idea of everything being scrapped that had room for improvement b/c the lead designers are lazy.

Oh I don't mean lazy, i mean looking out for the "good of the people". Ridiculous.
    You really need to wake up and smell the coffee. The amount of time that blizzard has taken to balance Dk's is insane. There are other classes out there, and instead of considering only one part of the population they are considering the best for all the population. If you knew anything about government this would make perfect sense. They shouldn't conform to the minority, but to the masses.

Not to mention if you have looked back you would have known that Blood is THE tanking spec, and the unholy or frost have been the most vitiable dps spec's. So take your alt QQ and tell it to someone who cares. This is in the best interests of the game, and if you cannot accept it then go back to rune scape.
    "If you want to play the game how you want, do so, but don't do it with me. If you wanna play super mario brothers and just jump up and down until the clock runs out and you die, by all means do it when I'm not player two and waiting for you to stop being an asshole."

Epic failure of a copout Blizzard.

Ok honestly, this is the biggest amount of bollocks I've seen in a while.

I have been tanking in this game since before TBC, because it's what I enjoy the most and what I seem to be the best at. I chose the DK class to tank in WotLK because Blizzard completely ruined my warrior with the changes (tanked through Sunwell, yes pre-nerf). The thing I have enjoyed about playing the DK as a tank class is it's high versatility. I do admit this is somewhat hypocritical because I have been a Blood DK tank from DAY ONE. I have poured too much time into learning the finer points of the class including gearing, specs, theorycrafting and not reading EJ or having anyone else spoon feed me a gear list or rotation; only for this to happen. The DK class was the only truly inventive class left in the game in my opinion. People joke about "rofl dk rollface lololol", but to be a good DK, such is not the case. And what now, Blizzard (Ghostcrawler) does what it is that they have learned to do, homogenize classes, content, the WoW experience, etc.. This is ridiculous and I've grown weary of this, I think this may be the thing that breaks me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzlorr
    Ugh, I can't stand Blood, looks like I got dual spec for nothing.
    start pvping??

Anyway, I really like this change though im suprised they didnt pick frost as frost seems to stand for less damage considering that frost is really hard and blood would seem more like a dps specc with the healing abilities.