Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Death Knights will tank as Blood in Cataclysm

A great change in my opinion. Death Knight talents were sure getting confusing, especially in comparison to the other classes. I'm glad Blizzard acknowledges the fact that their generosity in allowing players to be versatile, ended up making talent trees filled with talents that are doing three different things each. Yes, Death Knight tanks may feel like they become homogenized and yes, Blood Dps (such as me) may feel facerolled, but in the end i am sure it will work out just fine. Mages have to live with the fact that Frost is (not yet) a valiable raid specc, even though there are probably a lot of Mages who would love to toss some Frostbolts at the boss' face like in the old days. Same will go for Blood when Cataclysm launches.

I believe that classes are not being homogenized, especially with the introduction of Mastery. And if you'd still have the feeling that guildie's Death Knight seems a lot like your own Death Knight, then there is Path of the Titans. Sure, some classes share similar abilities but that's to improve playing convenience. I really would QQ seeing more encounters like Instructor Razuvious introduced, where your raid is dependant of the ability of one single class.

Plus, Blizzard hasn't released it's topic about Death Knight changes yet. Who knows what it brings =)

I <3 Tanking. I <3 DK tanking; Blizz has homogenized the shit out of this game to make it 'accessible' ($$$) - I will miss the only class that still afforded creative players an inventive approach to talent, gear and playstyle choices - ie the DK class has alot of viable ways to get the job done.

By the same token, these changes are probably needed (sad face) and should help balance pve and lesson pvp-related pve nerfs (happy face). Alas I will hold final judgment until I can play the final, Cataclysm version.

Take it or leave it everyone, this is the World of Newcraft.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by symbiont
    Does this mean DK tanks might suck less? ??? qq

Everytime I get one in a random group they're horrible and usually I just leave.
    I really, really enjoy getting the "omg, a DK tank who doesnt suck!" comments while tanking with my dk...
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

I <3 Tanking. I <3 DK tanking; Blizz has homogenized the shit out of this game to make it 'accessible' ($$$) - I will miss the only class that still afforded creative players an inventive approach to talent, gear and playstyle choices - ie the DK class has alot of viable ways to get the job done.

By the same token, these changes are probably needed (sad face) and should help balance pve and lesson pvp-related pve nerfs (happy face). Alas I will hold final judgment until I can play the final, Cataclysm version.

Take it or leave it everyone, this is the World of Newcraft.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

at last !!! finally a proper tank tree
    frost was good and fun but was very healer dependent im chuffed blood will be THE tank tree as it makes so much sense,, dreadplate and antimagic shell in blood tree NOW pls ;P
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

Well, I'm really disappointed with this. One of the best things about the Death Knight was the ability to play whatever you liked best, doing what you liked to do with it. And I really enjoyed being blood dps, something different with a unique play-style. My off-spec was a frost tank spec that was really fun to use in heroics.

I hate that now we'll have no choice in what we can do: if you like blood's rotation for dps, tough, you have to respec. Like frost tanking? Being removed... It's just limiting the choices, and I'm really disappointed that blizzard is using this to 'fix' the problem, which, as far as I'm concerned is not a huge issue at all.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Damn I love my Frost PvP tank spec!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Buff Unholy!!!!!!

I want new Pet other then stupid Ghoul!!!!!

A little disappointing for the Death Knight to lose some flexibility, but it will probably result in a stronger design. I'm personally glad they chose Blood as the tank tree over Frost or Unholy.

On the bright side, assuming Frost stays the exclusive dual wielding tree, at least we'll no longer have to struggle with threat against a DK who thinks he's supposed to tank with a pair of 1.5-speed warrior swords.
    Parietis :: Retribution Paladin
    Størmglory :: Enhancement Shaman
    Caecius :: Arms Warrior

fail >.> frost should be the tanking tree but w.e. all blood give's for tanking is healing? so yea like i said fail :-X

Quote Originally Posted by Kamtali
    ... Concept of talents is worthless if you do not have choice.
    It is about same fun as just checking tank/dps option in menu. ...
    ^ This is very true. Diablo2 became boring when they introduced talent synergies, then exactly this happened: Concept of talents is worthless if you do not have choice.

There are few main reasons i really started to enjoy playing DK and all reasons are related to one main problem, is called let say "liberty" ... DK is a flexible class as it is now, you have options, you can make hybrids, that if you understand why you choose certain talents you can play well a hybrid for the special purpose you configured your character like that.

I love Blood Tree for pve, i can both dps or tank with same spec heroics, and some 10 man instances not having high'end gear, if i want to tank harder encounters i go respec to a solid tanking blood spec.

I love Blood Tree because if i dps or tank i have almost same rotation, + few extra survival abilities in case i play the pure tanking spec. and most of my shortcuts are the same.

I play pvp as Unholy atm, so considering i usually dont tank yet harder encounters, having pve dps blood tree used as both tank and dps and offspec unholy for pvp i actually have 3 spec.

DK as is now is a class that offer allot of options, you are free to think a bit out of the box, experiment while most other classes don't have this great feature, ofc this allow some players to make stupid decisions because they doesn't understand exactly why the choose certain talents .... but those players whatever you do for them, they will make stupid decisions anyway in the way they play their character, is up to you to avoid those players in the manner you manage to do that.

Making dedicated tanking class will push the other 2 trees to become more dps dedicated trees, then as we can expect one will become more pvp tree other more pve tree, and DK will become like most classes ...

Blizzard suggested that they want to remove the so many "passive" talents that improve dps and make the talents the way we can choose between more "optional" talents to spice our play'style in a more personal way ...
    till i really see this ... are empty words, because Blizzard said many things and they did many things to create the illusion the do things while actually many things are not done ... i salute the improvements that they've done, same time WotLK was a payed beta, they changed things all time. i cant remember how many times i already had to regem my gear not because of experimenting but because the changes made. ...

I start to believe the new blizzard marketing model is this to change all things all time, to keep the game "interesting" and "fresh" and keep ppl all time "busy" so they will not be bored... and since the army of the ppl who just swallow anything that blizzard is feeding them is too big our words is kind of useless ... so i quote you again:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamtali
    P.S. And yeah, I know that warcraft is here for masses, not few enthusiasts. Who cares about my game experience when whole army of DKKillers, SlayerDKs, LOLDKLOLOLOLs will have their game nice and easy finally and will hapilly pay their subscriptions. That is the business decision and good one. It is my fault I fall in wrong category.
    Blizzard noticed with WotLK that most ppl still play this whatever the changes they do, ppl will just swallow everything, the fact they announce and they talk so nice in "shiny" blue posts is just to create the illusion they care about the community, while thay change and do whatever they want ...

This is happening because there isn't any real competition on the market for this game, and when i say real,
    i am talking about a game of same genre but not a wow "copy"... while others try to copy wow will never be competition ... i pray for the day i can chose other game as i love this genre.

About ninja'pullers ... if joke, might ask himself if tank will appreciate the joke,
    because as night elf tank i return the joke and i shadowmeld, let him die,
    then get back to my job relax mode ...

Yay! Let's dumb it down even more! I rolled my DK to 80 as a tank because I enjoyed the fact that you could be creative and still be successful if your skill was up to the task. I guess this just means I have one less toon to trudge up to 85, if any at all.

@topic: This what i wait for when the DK can tank too.. Coz i much prefer them as tank specially those elemental bosses that need magic defense and a normal defense for normal attacks.
    Make your gaming experience a lot better!
    wow strategy guide

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuzung
    ... I enjoyed the fact that you could be creative ...
    !!!
    About ninja'pullers ... if joke, might ask himself if tank will appreciate the joke,
    because as night elf tank i return the joke and i shadowmeld, let him die,
    then get back to my job relax mode ...

Well. I'm glad to see you guys havent disappointed me with useless QQing. This change was needed because of the passive talent tree buffs. Or did you think the frost tree's passive buff of haste or the UH tree's passive buff of spell dmg was going to help out your tanking? Blood makes the most sense. It has last stand, blood tap, & mark of blood. All awesome tanking talents. Switch Bone Shield with Hysteria & a couple other tanking talents & it's done.

If you hadnt thought about it, with ArP nolonger a stat on gear, you'd use the exact same gems & enchants for Blood & UH. The only thing that would change in the rotation is swapping heart strike for scourge strike. That change killed a need to have multiple 2h dps specs. They wouldnt make it frost, since that's the dw tree. Most high end DK tanks are blood anyway.

You can still level as Blood. I leveled my Pally as prot, before dual specs. Blood's self healing will still make it good for soloing/leveling. Stop acting like the sky is falling. I heal heroics & raids, & can say without question DKs take the most dmg of any tank class right now. Having to stack hots on them constantly, or spam heals on them, when an equally geared pally, war, or druid requires little to no healing, is annoying. And I'm talking about high end DKs who tanked the Lich King before the ICC zone buffs, so dont bother with "that DK must have sucked". No, they dont. DK tanking was just badly designed all around. Clearly Blizz agrees, since they are changing it.

I am curious to see what they do with DRW & Abom's might. I'd love to see them leave AbM in the blood tree. But DRW is clearly a dps talent. Not sure what tree they should put it in thou. I dont want to lose Gargoyle or HB, thou I'd rather have DRW than HB.

I don't really mind which tree they want to make the tank tree, but I do expect single target dps to be just as viable with frost/unholy as it currently is with blood. Preferably unholy. I have never enjoyed playing frost as either tank or damage when that was viable. Currently my dual-spec is blood dps and blood tank. So while I'm happy about blood tanking I really want a good single target dps spec to replace blood. Otherwise I'll only be dps'ing on my warrior/ret pally/combat rogue. Sorry I'm a melee addict.

10+ Year Old Account

Really gonna miss Frost Tanking in CATA. :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    The few of us who enjoyed blood? Blood being the top dps spec?

Hell, I know most people loved blood and hated using the other 2 specs when blood was subpar. Now that blood is viable again, they turn it into prot.

Lol. DKs get screwed.
    I have to agree.

That means frost will be a DPS spec :-\

I am currently blood DPS and frost tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Takari
    Well. I'm glad to see you guys havent disappointed me with useless QQing. This change was needed because of the passive talent tree buffs. Or did you think the frost tree's passive buff of haste or the UH tree's passive buff of spell dmg was going to help out your tanking? Blood makes the most sense. It has last stand, blood tap, & mark of blood. All awesome tanking talents. Switch Bone Shield with Hysteria & a couple other tanking talents & it's done.

If you hadnt thought about it, with ArP nolonger a stat on gear, you'd use the exact same gems & enchants for Blood & UH. The only thing that would change in the rotation is swapping heart strike for scourge strike. That change killed a need to have multiple 2h dps specs. They wouldnt make it frost, since that's the dw tree. Most high end DK tanks are blood anyway.

You can still level as Blood. I leveled my Pally as prot, before dual specs. Blood's self healing will still make it good for soloing/leveling. Stop acting like the sky is falling. I heal heroics & raids, & can say without question DKs take the most dmg of any tank class right now. Having to stack hots on them constantly, or spam heals on them, when an equally geared pally, war, or druid requires little to no healing, is annoying. And I'm talking about high end DKs who tanked the Lich King before the ICC zone buffs, so dont bother with "that DK must have sucked". No, they dont. DK tanking was just badly designed all around. Clearly Blizz agrees, since they are changing it.

I am curious to see what they do with DRW & Abom's might. I'd love to see them leave AbM in the blood tree. But DRW is clearly a dps talent. Not sure what tree they should put it in thou. I dont want to lose Gargoyle or HB, thou I'd rather have DRW than HB.
    i agree there is alot of QQing over realy not alot of info atm. However you missed the point of some of the qq's and that is the flexability of the DK and its ability to tank in any tree was the most appealing characteristic for some people, myself included.

i doubt very much the reasons behind this are totaly in our favor to make it fairer for dk's to have "XXXX" talent for tanking like other tank classes. If you look at each of the trees, all of them have several speciality abilities for tanking, or can be used as such. All dk's had to do was just use a little common sense and a bit of skill.

If you ask me this change is brought about to lower the high number of this class on some/most/all realms.

I would like to have more specific information before making judgement on this change simply because it could go badly wrong or very right. Either way it will make the class less appealing to me as it is most certainly the least boring tanking class to play, and to play it well requires skill. However if its going to go the same path as all the other classes that tank which is " This is your tanking talent tree, or a slightly different version. use it or your a nab" then i honestly can see myself and most of the skilled dk tanks that play their class well leaving this and going back to their more original class.

which basicly means more nabs who havent a clue and less skilled players. (in theory that is)

Hopefuly with some more specific info we will know what it is they are thinking of changing and can actualy make a more than clueless guess.

Quote Originally Posted by DeusX
    The only people with the right to QQ a bit are the Blood DPS dks's. All Frost or Unholy tanks will find bits of their talents condensed into the blood tree, so if you liked tanking Frost, you'll still have your toys in Cata. Probably not the dualwield but.. cmon, wtf tanking is that with 2 weapons? It doesn't even sound menacing enoug.
    And probably they will let sub-speccing into DW in case you choose points from frost as subspec, so tanks will be able to be DW blood too, probably. Or whatever...
    I diasgree completely, I have always despised blood and loved tanking since I made my dk and I feel that dks get their deathtard rep largely thanks to all the bad dps playing that faceroll spec, now I'm going to be forced to play it? Bad blizz, frost was unique because of all the options it had for pulling, from popping deathchill and using howling blast, to the noob crutch that is dnd, to the little known hungering cold(for putting frost fever up)+ howling blast combo. No other tank constantly changed the way he pulled in between waves and it's all getting killed. I know alot of people go on about blizz ruining the game every update it seems like but, this is the first time I've ever been dissapointed by blizz.

finally ;D