Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Demo - Mana Feed

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Shadow Priests at higher gear levels are dropping Mind Blast from their Rotation, because of the 4pc10 Mind Flay bonus. Yes, it's that good.
    Which is a DPS loss at any currently obtainable gear level. But that's not the point. If any Spriest is so hell bent on dropping MB (for convenience's sake, not because it actually helps their DPS) that they refuse to be a 25s only source of replenishment, they deserve the boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

Quote Originally Posted by blargh312
    Which is a DPS loss at any currently obtainable gear level. But that's not the point. If any Spriest is so hell bent on dropping MB (for convenience's sake, not because it actually helps their DPS) that they refuse to be a 25s only source of replenishment, they deserve the boot.
    This is blatantly untrue, look up Xiphid or any other high ranked spriest on WMO if you want proof.

On topic, if your felguard is running oom in any raid setup I'd put high odds that you're leaving the taunt ability on autocast. Turn it off and you should never have problems, I typically raid Demo in 10 man with 1 replen (ret pally) and he never comes anywhere close to running oom, even on long chain trash pulls where he's charging and cleaving on cooldown.
    Arbitrary - Gong Show - US Detheroc

Quote Originally Posted by Demonologist
    This is blatantly untrue, look up Xiphid or any other high ranked spriest on WMO if you want proof.
    http://shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=24328

All the proof I need, thank you very much.

Wrong. Mana Feed is an optional talent, not a required talent. It should never be taken in place of any talent that increases DPS. Your Felguard will not OOM under normal conditions.

Demo specs:
    Standard: www.wowhead.com/talent#IZ0GchkAbihsgdAoE00V
    Mana Feed/Master Summoner: www.wowhead.com/talent#IZ0GchkAkihsgdAoE00V
    Imp HS: www.wowhead.com/talent#IZbGchkA0ihsgdAoE00V
    Mana Feed/Imp HS: www.wowhead.com/talent#IZbuchkAzihsgdAoE00V

Standard and Imp HS builds are superior to the Mana Feed specs. One for better raid utility, the other for those 'whoops' moments when your Felguard dies. If you don't have a Destro Lock in your raids, you should be the Imp HS build.

Quote Originally Posted by Glnger
    you do not need mana feed.

Turn off the felgaurds taunt ability from auto cast

http://shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=24328

All the proof I need, thank you very much.

"Disclaimer: This analysis was performed November 4, 2009. Future patch changes may invalidate the results of this analysis."

It's over 5 months old. Also, read the replies, not just the OP: http://shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.ph...4328&start=150

The OP was disproved multiple times in the thread, but that's the most definitive page. The Disclaimer is there because the OP is wrong. Dropping MB entirely is a DPS gain once you attain a certain level of gear, which is actually not even full 264, much less 277.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    The OP was disproved multiple times in the thread, but that's the most definitive page. The Disclaimer is there because the OP is wrong. Dropping MB entirely is a DPS gain once you attain a certain level of gear, which is actually not even full 264, much less 277.
    Dropping MB entirely is not a DPS gain. Even the people disproving the OP's math suggest that. At BiS gear haste levels, there's a .7s difference in execute time between MB and MF, which, if MB is dropped completely, will lead to one of two things:

A) Less uptime on VT and DP if you're using full MF channels, or

B) Clipping MF ticks to refresh VT and/or DP

The first will obviously cause a drop in DPS, even with MF's higher DPET. The second will also be a DPS loss, unless you raid with 0 ping and UI latency and have the reflexes necessary to effectively use a /stopcasting macro on a MF with ~.55s between ticks.

This is miles off topic though. I apologize and will shut up now.

Dropping MB entirely is not a DPS gain. Even the people disproving the OP's math suggest that. At BiS gear haste levels, there's a .7s difference in execute time between MB and MF, which, if MB is dropped completely, will lead to one of two things:
    "Run 1 through Simulationcraft: 11,107 MBdpet=6900 MFdpet=7171
    Run 2 through Simulationcraft: 11,132 MBdpet=n/a MFdpet=7156 SC=drop MB"

Read topics before you quote them. They are suggesting that dropping MB entirely is a DPS gain.

The only classes that provide Replenishment with no DPS loss are Destro Warlocks and Ret Paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    "Run 1 through Simulationcraft: 11,107 MBdpet=6900 MFdpet=7171
    Run 2 through Simulationcraft: 11,132 MBdpet=n/a MFdpet=7156 SC=drop MB"

Read topics before you quote them. They are suggesting that dropping MB entirely is a DPS gain.

The only classes that provide Replenishment with no DPS loss are Destro Warlocks and Ret Paladins.
    And Frost Mages.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~