Warlocks and Unrelenting Assault

Hey,

if I get affected with Unrelenting Assault, what exactly happens? Will my DoT's deal 50% less damage for their full duration? Will my DoT's not be affected at all?

Re: Warlocks and UA

Well, +damage effects aren't applied real-time, only when you reapply the DoT will it take effect, I see no reason why -damage effects should behave differently.

Deleted

Re: Warlocks and Unrelenting Assault

Modified the title as writing 'UA' in a warlock forum is a little confusing - hope you don't mind.

OT: I would expect that Inshabel is correct and it should only affect spells cast while affected, and then for their full duration.

I haven't tested it, so I may be wrong, but I think it unlikely.

Eh... am I misunderstanding this, or is it so that dots do NOT "check" your spellpower at each tick?

I thought that, if lets say you have the Ashen Verdict ring, and it procs, that that added spellpower would be "counted in" on the next tick, making it hit harder (for the ticks happening within those 10 sec)?

If Unrelenting Assault reduces your magic damage for 6 sec by 50%, my understanding is that it doesn't matter if u apply it during the debuff, cause when it has run out, the ticks will tick for normal dmg again?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Vardjavi
    I thought that, if lets say you have the Ashen Verdict ring, and it procs, that that added spellpower would be "counted in" on the next tick, making it hit harder (for the ticks happening within those 10 sec)?
    Yeah, I'm afraid this is incorrect. The bonus damage of all spells is calculated from your spellpower at the point of casting, it is then constant until the spell is recast (or refreshed). All player buffs/debuffs work like this (well almost). It helps to think of dots as debuffs - once they are active on a target they 'belong' to that target and not to the warlock, nothing you can do to the warlock will affect them.

Target debuffs work in the way you describe above. If you have a dot on a target and then you cast CoE on it, the remainder of that dot's ticks will gain the +13% damage bonus.

Well, this makes me wonder, what am I supposed to do when a warrior strikes me with UA? If my DoT's aren't up, there's no point re-applying them in this time, searing pain deals laughable damage, even worse with UA.

Kite and do nothing?

15+ Year Old Account

CC
    Curse of Weakness
    Curse of Elements
    Kite
    Refresh dots that have fallen off (1 damage > 0 damage)
    Use your procs

Alternatively, don't get hit by UA while casting. Harder done than said, but you can easily set up scrolling text to show when you dodge, or rend ticks. Or when an arms warrior is beating your face in, revert to instants-only and CC. If he blows his Overpower on a fear, its a net-zero gain for both of you. But if he uses it on a real spell, you lose and he wins. If he interrupts (or attempts to interrupt) your fear and you juke, you just blew his cooldown.

R.I.P. YARG