Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Thanks for the link to that blog, it had some nice insights!

For example, Totemic Focus is actually quite good. 40% longer Mana Tide Totem? Yes please!
    Although i dont understand why Elemental Weapons is supposed to be bad, could someone explain that? If i'd have to pick between Acuity (2% crit) and Elemental Weapons i'd go for Elem any day.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    That Ele weapon note is for WotLK where more sp means more overheal. That is, especially with +30 icc buff.
    On other side we are going to loose crit due its absence in our talent trees + more crit - more AA, mana regen and healing as well.
    With old talents, it is/was not exactly optimal to pick weapons as well. If i am not mistaken, you would have to skip healing ways or some other talents for only small benefit - which - this is important - don't scale. So could be very good while leveling, nice for naxx tier but for icc, too small benefit for those 3 points.

Hope i didn't say too much nonesense

Andd thank for blog link Nifra.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering I'm going to reroll as a Goblin Shaman on a new realm with some friends (used to be a Troll Shaman), I was thinking of this as my spec for Cataclysm: http://wowtal.com/#k=m1zre2Bo.a5o.shaman.qveq1p -- I'd probably drop ghost wolf and elemental weapons before 85 though.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Mana Tide is not as good as it used to be. These 40% is another 5 seconds, which is around 3k mana. That's one and a half more Healing Way. for 3 points.

Elemental Weapons are actually quite good now. We get ~600 healing power from ElW on lvl 85, but it also increases effect of UEElW from 20% to 30%.

Also, there are NO MANA issues at all on lvl 80. You can spam Healing Surge all day long (with Tidal Waves) and you won't ever go OOM. With skewed ratings, and crit from Tidal Waves you get insane amount of healing, and insane amount of regen.

Chain Heal seems pretty worthless now though...pre-patch easy 12.6k crit self buffed, post patch more like 9k crit max in ICC and raid buffed.

In fact the majority of raid healing seems low in every class (save Druid of course) which sucks since raid damage in ICC hasn't changed.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    But on the other hand CH heals 4 targets now, and has smaller penalty on jumps (30% instead of 40%). Focused insight also works with CH

Also anyone notice Earth Shield charges popping quicker than usual?

Cool

My guild did an ill fated heroic ICC25 run last night, and I used standard raid frames with clique. I did notice ES charges dropping off more often. Mana was no issue at all, though on some of the fights it was difficult to keep up a shock every 4 seconds, especially with heavy raid damage. One other thing I'll add is that (in the absence of paladins) I focused more on healing wave rather than on healing surge...greater healing wave still seems too bulky without a nature's swiftness.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    IT might be dropping off more often because tanks lost some avoidance But generaly it's the same, 1 orb every ~three seconds.

Sorry for my complete newbness. I've been reading through the thread but haven't been able to find it. Do we have cap numbers? What we should be shooting for (haste/crit/etc.) to be viable healers for the next 2 months, and what type of gear we should be chasing after 12/7?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaazaam View Post
    Chain Heal seems pretty worthless now though...pre-patch easy 12.6k crit self buffed, post patch more like 9k crit max in ICC and raid buffed.

In fact the majority of raid healing seems low in every class (save Druid of course) which sucks since raid damage in ICC hasn't changed.
    for me... it seemed that chainheal was a bit stronger now in grouphealing ... and that's what it's meant for
    You got other tools for single target healing.

Deleted
    These threads are now unsticked and have links @ http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...al-Information

You can continue to use these threads to discuss the cataclysm changes here.