Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: WoW Cataclysm - Warlock Changes, Shaman Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by Miltiadhs
    since when did you need to suicide at boss fights?.....sigh.......
    somtimes it takes a while to die if its a wipe

i gotta tell me friend about the new lock spells

gotta say, "woop woop"
    Lagg dosen't exist. Only bad Internetz...
    Paladins isent OP Blizz just made all ohter classes weaker.

Rawr. Me and my Warlock guildie are still confounded at the taunt that Metamorphosis provides. WTB closure.

Edit: Ah, decided to do some research. Distracting shot for Warlocks :P

lol sentry totems are gone lol
    loved the way it is put
    and enhance shammy should get an AoE
    or make fire nova castable at the feet of the caster and not the totem...

I am shocked by the change of Warlock. I can't say if the class will be more easy to play or not, but certainly I don't want to play this stupid change. I always hated DK for their rune system and now we have a rune warlock.. This game dies a little more every patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Miltiadhs
    since when did you need to suicide at boss fights?.....sigh.......
    Less repairbills? Yes love that.

Quote Originally Posted by Suskis
    I am shocked by the change of Warlock. I can't say if the class will be more easy to play or not, but certainly I don't want to play this stupid change. I always hated DK for their rune system and now we have a rune warlock.. This game dies a little more every patch.
    uhhhm....no. Its not even close to DK runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Update -

Soul Shard Overhaul

This major change regarding Soul Shards was previously announced at BlizzCon 2009. Soul Shards will no longer be inventory items, but instead a new UI resource mechanic. Warlocks will have 3 Soul Shards that can be used during a fight and will not be able to gain additional shards during combat. Soul Shards will not be required outside of combat. Soul Burn will consume a Soul Shard resource, thereby allowing you to use the secondary effects of some spells. Soul Burn has no mana or health costs and is off the global cooldown. Planned secondary effects are outlined here.

• Summon Demon + Soul Burn = summon the demon instantly.
    • Drain Life + Soul Burn = Reduces cast speed by 60%.
    • Demonic Circle + Soul Burn = Increases movement speed by 50% for 8 seconds after teleporting.
    • Unstable Affliction + Soul Burn = Instantly deals damage equal to 30% of its effect.
    • Soul Fire + Soul Burn = Instant cast.
    • Healthstone + Soul Burn = Increases total health by 20% for 8 seconds.
    • Searing Pain + Soul Burn = Increases the crit chance of Searing Pain by 100%, and subsequent Searing Pain spells by 50% for 6 seconds.

All of that I HATE!! I personally don't mind having shards in my bags....I like to be able to use my abilities at will not wait on a "Death Knight Rune" cooldown cause thats how it seems its gonna be like. Its something that puts mages and warlocks apart....i mean you've allready given Frost Mage's a Glyph to make it so that their water elemental doesnt go away. So in that aspect isnt the mage slowly becoming a warlock? I rolled a warlock because it was something complete different then anything I have played b4, it was the turn of Character class's that i was looking in a game. "The Dark Class that Enslaved Demonic Beings to do Their Bidding" imo you took that away when mages got that glyph....and now your gonna take away one of the few trademarks we have left?
    That's not right, I dont think that this change should go through just like the Resto Druids Tree Form. YOUR TAKING THE SOULS AWAY FROM THE PPL THAT LOVE THEIR CLASS. :'(

Edit* And I quote "Searing Pain + Soul Burn = Increases the crit chance of Searing Pain by 100%, and subsequent Searing Pain spells by 50% for 6 seconds." Isnt searing pain the move that Pulls Very High Threat?
    WHY THE HELL WOULD I USE THAT?!
    Make a move that allready pulls alot of threat pull more?
    Makes ZERO since.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanare

All of that I HATE!! I personally don't mind having shards in my bags....I like to be able to use my abilities at will not wait on a "Death Knight Rune" cooldown cause thats how it seems its gonna be like. Its something that puts mages and warlocks apart....i mean you've allready given Frost Mage's a Glyph to make it so that their water elemental doesnt go away. So in that aspect isnt the mage slowly becoming a warlock? I rolled a warlock because it was something complete different then anything I have played b4, it was the turn of Character class's that i was looking in a game. "The Dark Class that Enslaved Demonic Beings to do Their Bidding" imo you took that away when mages got that glyph....and now your gonna take away one of the few trademarks we have left?
    That's not right, I dont think that this change should go through just like the Resto Druids Tree Form. YOUR TAKING THE SOULS AWAY FROM THE PPL THAT LOVE THEIR CLASS. :'(
    Debatable, i hate Soulshards as they are right now and i don't think that they are taking away some of the warlock-feeling with that change. I still got demons, carnage and decay. All i need.

Edit* And I quote "Searing Pain + Soul Burn = Increases the crit chance of Searing Pain by 100%, and subsequent Searing Pain spells by 50% for 6 seconds." Isnt searing pain the move that Pulls Very High Threat?
    Makes ZERO since.
    Not quite. Ever did offtanking at bloodprinces? Searing pain once was nice in pvp as well.
    That spell has its niche, no doubt.
    â–²

warlock criticism on spells

Fel flame- this spell will add something to throw in to each specs rotation
    9/10

Dark intent- after 3 x-pacs warlocks will finally bring a non spec specific buff to the raid plus a buff to warlocks own damage
    9/10

Demon soul- this spell has a potential to be a great and creative spell and a potential to be horrible and boring spell it honestly depends on the extend of each spells effect
    Pending

Demon soul appears to be exactly like Demonic Sacrifice ... without the sacrificed deamon

All of that I HATE!! I personally don't mind having shards in my bags....I like to be able to use my abilities at will not wait on a "Death Knight Rune" cooldown cause thats how it seems its gonna be like.
    ...no.

You won't be waiting for any Soul Shard cooldowns, since "Warlocks will have 3 Soul Shards that can be used during a fight and will not be able to gain additional shards during combat." (see the first page of this thread for quote)

As it has been announced now, Soul Shards will not regenerate, so there's no "rune cooldown waiting" like you seem to think.

Its something that puts mages and warlocks apart....i mean you've allready given Frost Mage's a Glyph to make it so that their water elemental doesnt go away. So in that aspect isnt the mage slowly becoming a warlock? I rolled a warlock because it was something complete different then anything I have played b4, it was the turn of Character class's that i was looking in a game. "The Dark Class that Enslaved Demonic Beings to do Their Bidding" imo you took that away when mages got that glyph....and now your gonna take away one of the few trademarks we have left?
    Soul Shard system will still be unique. And please, frost mages getting a permanent water elemental? How many raiding frost mages are there anyway? No PvP mage uses that glyph, that's for sure. Besides, Hunters have pets too, warlocks have never been exclusive in that aspect. Warlocks are still the only class that "enslaves demonic beings to do their bidding" and that has different minions to fill in different roles. If anything, you should be complaining that hunters will gain 2 more active pets, thus getting one step closer to how warlock minions work.

Makes ZERO since.
    Ever heard of warlock tanking? Any good warlock is rejoicing at that change because it hints they'll get to tank again. But I guess you weren't around for Burning Crusade...