Start on T10 badge gear, or PLD trink?

My trinkets are horrible, to say the least. Think they're horrible enough to get a PLD first before I start on t10? I'll have enough to buy 2pc next week in shoulders/gloves, think it would be more wise to just grab the trink for now and hope for VoA drops?

Armory
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...h&cn=Lun%C3%A4

Current gs=skill EPEEN

Re: Start on T10 badge gear, or PLD trink?

You really need a new trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Revitalize
    You really need a new trinket.
    heh i know right?!

The trinket will drastically be able to up your healing.
    As you said you could afford two pieces of tier next week?
    Buy the trinket now, and then buy tier shoulders or gloves when you can afford.

Ya I figure the same.

Currently with heals & absorbs I'm averaging in the 4.5k-5k area for Tora and ICC bosses. I was hoping to keep my 4pc t9 welfare until I could break it with a 2pc t10 welfare. I probably will buy the trink, I know it's awesome and have it on my Druid. Just stinks because this toon is close to getting 2pc t10 already, you know?

An extra 179 sp isn't goint to upset anybody though, me included.

If you were Holy, I'd start on T10 badge gear. As Disc the set is questionable, but your current trinkets both suck. Replace the Talisman of Resurgence with Lunar Dust, then start farming Sarth for Illustration. You'll be set on trinkets until heroic Gunship 25.

2pc sucks. You shouldnt try to argue "if i get PLD it will take me longer to get the 2pc!!" because it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    If you were Holy, I'd start on T10 badge gear. As Disc the set is questionable, but your current trinkets both suck. Replace the Talisman of Resurgence with Lunar Dust, then start farming Sarth for Illustration. You'll be set on trinkets until heroic Gunship 25.
    I don't think a Sarth 25 group has been ran on my server in months. As far as Abacus goes, I don't do much raiding in the 25man variety. I'm hoping to get my hands on a Sliver soon enough, even though my druid is about 0/10 on seeing it drop.

Tears of the Vanquished for regen and Nevermelting Ice Crystal for throughput, Epherial Snowflake for a bit of both (mostly useful as Holy since they would be using Renew more often generally). I would try and grab those before spending your Frost badges on a trinket, especially since you can always get lucky and have a nice trinket upgrade drop for you in ICC. The Lunar Dust is a great trinket, but I would still prefer Free > Frost badges until you can afford to spare them.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Tears of the Vanquished for regen and Nevermelting Ice Crystal for throughput, Epherial Snowflake for a bit of both (mostly useful as Holy since they would be using Renew more often generally). I would try and grab those before spending your Frost badges on a trinket, especially since you can always get lucky and have a nice trinket upgrade drop for you in ICC. The Lunar Dust is a great trinket, but I would still prefer Free > Frost badges until you can afford to spare them.
    Exactly my dilemma. I'm not a fan of Snowflake, and I've been unlucky on Ice Crystal...I should try to farm that more actively.

With this ICC patch I think the right way to go for everyone was tier, tier, and more tier. Quicker access to bonuses, and quicker upgrades via tokens. It's just tough here since my trinkets are so bad and PLD is so good.

Quote Originally Posted by PriestLuna
    I don't think a Sarth 25 group has been ran on my server in months. As far as Abacus goes, I don't do much raiding in the 25man variety. I'm hoping to get my hands on a Sliver soon enough, even though my druid is about 0/10 on seeing it drop.
    Sliver would do okay, but Illustration of the Dragon soul is best-in-slot. It's worth trying to pug for a shot at it. The only thing better is the 277 Abacus. You can also try for Eye of the Broodmother off Razorscale 10. It even pops up as a weekly now and then.

As Abandon said you can try for Nevermelting, which has decent-ish SP on it, but you might as well get Titan-Forged Rune of Audacity, which is cheap and not a random drop from a heroic. The on uses are equally useless as Disc in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysdexic
    2pc sucks. You shouldnt try to argue "if i get PLD it will take me longer to get the 2pc!!" because it sucks.
    Crassly phrased, but it's true. Especially as a holy priest, I wouldn't expect you to get a large benefit out of FH since its not particularly high on the list of good spells for a holy priest. If you're arguing about getting 4T10 vs. PLD, then its a decent argument, but given your current trinkets, I definitely would pick up PLD (unless you have an extremely good chance at getting Althor's Abacus, Sliver of Pure Ice or Solace of the Fallen). Only those trinkets will beat PLD so its not going to be bad to pick it up now. Plus, since you have two trinket slots, PLD will not be replaced at the first upgrade anyway.

Personally, I wouldn't spend much time farming the NIC or even the Snowflake. Snowflake is still ok for a holy priest, but I don't think its good enough to spend a large amount of time pursuing; NIC is just better suited for a healer and the crit boost isn't that exciting for a holy priest IMHO.