Thread: Mac vs PC.

Mac vs PC.

This is where you know Macs lost.

To be honest, this debate is so pointless. I will admit am personally a PC Person and prefer them over Macs, but both Macs and PC's are just about as good as the other, so why is there this whole damn debate going on? Its as bad the Xbox and PS3 fanboy war, which I also don't understand.

Re: Mac vs PC.

Battle between great companies(And other things) is like the alternative Cold War. And it will not end until someone surrenders.(Or merges)
    And all of em got a North Korea involved trying to steal the show.
    For example.
    USA - Sovjet - N.Korea
    360 - PS3 - Wii
    Hamburgers - Pizza - Kebab
    Modern Warfare 2 - Bad Company 2 - The Conduit (Bad example I know but it's a great game)
    And the classic
    PC - Mac - Linux

Pick a side and FIGHT!

For some reason I've been reminded of a man flogging a dead horse.
    Seriously.. :-\ And this coming from some one who refuses to use any Apple product.

15+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Buddychrist
    Battle between great companies(And other things) is like the alternative Cold War. And it will not end until someone surrenders.(Or merges)
    For example.
    USA - Sovjet - N.Korea
    360 - PS3 - Wii
    Modern Warfare 2 - Bad Company 2 - The Conduit (Bad example I know but it's a great game)
    And the classic
    PC - Mac - Linux

Pick a side and FIGHT!
    Here's a few more:

Car Companies (US with Ford, GM, Chrysler - Europe with BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Volvo, Audi, ... - Japan with Honda, Toyota, Nissan, ... - South Korea with just Hyundai and Kia)
    Fast Food (McDonalds - Burger King - Taco Bell - KFC - Jack-In-The-Box - Subway - ...)
    Trading Card Games (Magic: The Gathering - Yu-Gi-Oh! - * can't remember any other games*)
    TV Networks (FOX - CBS - NBC - ABC)
    Race Car Series (NASCAR - IndyCar - F1 - Grand-Am - ALMS - WRC - ...)

And the ever classic MMO war:

WoW vs. everyone else pretty much.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

I own both a Macbook Pro (latest refresh), and a considerably high end windows desktop PC. I use my Desktop when gaming or working at home, and use my MBP when I'm on the road/in uni/need to use iMovie or Keynote. PCs are more sluggish and complicated, but more customizable and mainstream, Macs are more sophisticated and intuitive, but gaming is out of the question.
    I love both my Mac and PC, would never trade any of them for the other.
    My 2 cents.

I can see this ending extremely well with each side providing thought-out and rational evidence to aid their cause...

:

Quote Originally Posted by Buddychrist
    For example.
    USA - Sovjet - N.Korea
    360 - PS3 - Wii
    And the classic
    PC - Mac - Linux

Pick a side and FIGHT!
    Im not gonna flame you but just so you know Linux is a operating system, so it doesn't really fit in there.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account

Gotta love those commercials. Like how they're all about how bad PC's are yet don't say much about their own product.

Macs don't have virus's and such? yeah cause more people buy PC's.
    Most game developers also make games for PC's.. same with a lot of software.

They said PC's crash alot? not mine.

So you want a mac? do you have 1000$ to fork over for a machine that you can have the same quality as on a PC for much much less?

Windows 7 pwns. vista sucked big time but that's over now.

Over all macs aren't worth it to me. However.. this iPod touch is AMAZING.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    Gotta love those commercials. Like how they're all about how bad PC's are yet don't say much about their own product.

Macs don't have virus's and such? yeah cause more people buy PC's.
    Most game developers also make games for PC's.. same with a lot of software.

They said PC's crash alot? not mine.

So you want a mac? do you have 1000$ to fork over for a machine that you can have the same quality as on a PC for much much less?

Windows 7 pwns. vista sucked big time but that's over now.

Over all macs aren't worth it to me. However.. this iPod touch is AMAZING.
    Hey, uh off topic but is there anything i can do to inexpensivly fix a 17 line spider-crack on a i-touch?

Mac are expensive and not useful at all if you are gamer.
    Pc are less expensive you can play everything, do everything.
    Virus? yea that's true Windows have the most virus but that only if you dont know how to protect yourself from threats.... and crashes? ye sometimes.. so i'd say PC for Gaming and Mac for designers.

Deleted

We really, really don't want console wars here, which goes for PC vs Mac as well.