Thread: Diablo II

Diablo II

I have a small question, in case some experienced players are here =)

I level up a tank-specced barbarian. It is pretty hard to kill already, so now I wonder, what mercenary should I take:
    1) keep a Fire Rogue for DPS
    2) hire Lightning or Fire Iron Wolf for DPS
    3) hire Cold Iron Wolf for even more survival

right at the moment I don't really have problems with survival/damage, but later into the game my tanking spec may start hurting my DPS. On the other hand, as a tank I may should focus entirely on defensive gameplay. Whaddaya think?
    My RP Character №1 - Trillium Starwind - Night Elf Druid/Warrior
    My RP Character №2 - in progress, creating

Re: Diablo II

I would go with the Act II mercenary: Offense (Nightmare) He gives you a Might aura which increases your dmg.

Of course if you are still in normal it's kinda hard to get >.<

Wut?

There is no such thing as a tank spec Barbarian.

You grab whirlwind and a mana leach ring and spam it like crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu
    Wut?

There is no such thing as a tank spec Barbarian.

You grab whirlwind and a mana leach ring and spam it like crazy!
    ofc there is. Iron Skin & Natural Resistance maxed out, debuffing shouts & concentrate. also taunt.

I'm making him so that me & mah friends have an easier time in multiplayer when we get to Hell (difficulty)

Quote Originally Posted by ExarKun
    I would go with the Act II mercenary: Offense (Nightmare) He gives you a Might aura which increases your dmg.
    oh, ok, thanks. never considered melee mercenaries before. will grab him when get to Nightmare. though I'll maybe choose a defensive one. Tank is tank.

Sometimes I wished I played that game, but it has graphically Aged so much I can't stand it. And I play Star Craft still

oh nice Tank Barbarian was actualy the character i got tho the highest lvl with on single player 86 or so, and agreed Act 2 mercenary all the way i alway find the act 3 srocerer altho he looked like a paladin dying faster then a mage without iceblock, the archers arent realy of use i think, and the barbarians from act 5 are just more suitable for classes that dont want to touch the enemy (nontanks)

tho i have no idea where d2 and battle net is right now, is the hammerdin still imba or did it got nerfed ? man i think i will play again

Quote Originally Posted by exaven
    oh nice Tank Barbarian was actualy the character i got tho the highest lvl with on single player 86 or so, and agreed Act 2 mercenary all the way i alway find the act 3 srocerer altho he looked like a paladin dying faster then a mage without iceblock, the archers arent realy of use i think, and the barbarians from act 5 are just more suitable for classes that dont want to touch the enemy (nontanks)

tho i have no idea where d2 and battle net is right now, is the hammerdin still imba or did it got nerfed ? man i think i will play again
    I'm still thinking that a tank character would prefer a ranged mercenary ('cos in D2 there's no such thing as aggro, hence I can't be sure mobs will be hitting me and not my merc. No, I don't wanna waste a skill slot for constant Taunt spam), but if you all say Act II merc, ten so be it =)

dunno 'bout b-net, I plan to play over LAN