Poll: Should we be limited to talking about class changes for Cata in only the sticky thread?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Poll: Should new threads about class changes be locked?

Plan and simple.

I believe most of you would agree with me that the warlock forums have been dead for quite some time. Personally, I don't like having to talk about ALL the changes in one thread. I REALLY like some of the changes, and couldn't care less about others. So I don't want to have to sift through 4 pages of bs to find 1 post about the change I wanna talk about. And since all posts have to be made in the same thread, the topic changes like the wind, and there is really no deep discussion about anything. I believe letting us discuss specific changes in separate threads would greatly improve our community.

*This poll is being made in hopes that if the majority of members feel the same as me, then the gods of the forum will stop locking new threads about the Cata changes.

Re: Poll: Should new threads about class changes be locked?

I have to Agree with the OP though :P

Gherkin is a warlock forum moderator and he made a thread about the new warlock abilities. I don't think threads about cata automatically get locked. Maybe it's just the ones that basically go "QQ I don't like the changes".

No I don't think so, it's good to have discussion and intellectual debate not only about the initial first impressions about the overall talent overhauls of the class and the general impact, but also between players of the same class and specs about the specifics.

However, the threads about "blah blah newly created account fffff shamans / locks / hunters / death knights / whatever now I can't play anymore gg Blizz more flames inserted here never posting again hello banstick" should be locked and deleted right away. But of course we can leave that in the capable hands of the moderater team.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

Quote Originally Posted by Ofmanv
    Gherkin is a warlock forum moderator and he made a thread about the new warlock abilities. I don't think threads about cata automatically get locked. Maybe it's just the ones that basically go "QQ I don't like the changes".
    Every thread about the changes has been locked regardless of their content, except for Gherkin's.

Woops. Wasn't thinking when I voted : change my "yes" to a "no". Lol.

Anyway,
    Keep discussions open on specific changes, lock the repeating ones.

Edit: I also enjoy both--the stickied one that summarizes and the specific ones.

Quote Originally Posted by kabshiel
    Every thread about the changes has been locked regardless of their content, except for Gherkin's.
    I made a thread about demon soul earlier and it wasn't locked. I trust Gherkin knows the rules. He got to be a moderator because he's a truly constructive poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Ofmanv
    I made a thread about demon soul earlier and it wasn't locked. I trust Gherkin knows the rules. He got to be a moderator because he's a truly constructive poster.
    You mean this locked one: http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-wa...ve-us-hanging/ ? I'm not arguing that he's not a constructive poster or even that moderators should have to follow their own rules. I'm not really arguing anything. I'm just stating some facts.

Quote Originally Posted by kabshiel
    You mean this locked one: http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-wa...ve-us-hanging/ ? I'm not arguing that he's not a constructive poster or even that moderators should have to follow their own rules. I'm not really arguing anything. I'm just stating some facts.
    LoL this forum doesn't update changes for me on the thread pages, even when I refresh. can't tell what's locked and what's not apparently

15+ Year Old Account

Posts that are locked will soon drop off the front page, and I'll mod the title to include the word locked.

In my defense, I made my post before the onslaught happened and then another moderator came in to handle the triage. This is not how I would have handled it.

Sticky will persist as a reference guide, and I will try to maintain one thread per topic for the rest of you. I'm not trying to be a dick, but I am trying to make things easier for everyone in general.

R.I.P. YARG

Many of the changes are not as simple as one spell, so in very few cases can a single thread cover them.
    Hence the sticky thread and locking to prevent a dozen threads where the useful discussion will be spread out between.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted

Stuff tends to get locked when it's completely pointless, a direct repetition of an already existing thread, or mindless QQ inviting flaming.

To my knowledge posts discussing cata changes have not been locked per se, though I moved a couple to the main thread which were of the form 'ability x - i think this is good. /sign'. If a thread is discussing something new, or in a new way, it's worthy of its own thread, if not it's not.

Also, I have no intention of changing any policy on moderation - largely since it's not up to me, I just do a job which someone asked me to do for no money, but also because I struggle to take 'OMG your moderation has killed warlock forums' seriously given that on average probably one or two topics a week get locked/moved.

tl;dr

As far as I'm concerned you can start all the new threads on the subject you want, as long as they're actually new and you're saying something worthy of discussion. Now quit bitching, and don't take this stuff so personally.

Quote Originally Posted by ratskinmahoney
    Now quit bitching, and don't take this stuff so personally.
    <3

(no homo)

Deleted

Haha.

I should apologise, however.

Firstly, it seems I was wrong and more threads were locked than I thought, though this had little to do with forum moderators and a lot to do with global moderators being worried about the sheer weight of duplicate threads being produced, which is perfectly understandable given that they have the entire site to think about, and not just one forum. I stick with what I said though, and what gherkin said before me: make all the threads you want, I only intend to lock them if they genuinely are pointless or duplicating existing discussions - or if they just get overwhelming in number.

Secondly, I got out the wrong side of bed this morning, my last post was probably a bit narkier than it needed to be :P