Guardian Spirit counter

I am looking for an addon that can track the usage of Guardian Spirit in a raid. Basically something that can either create a log like recount, or automatically announce when ANY priest has used Guardian Spirit, and who it was used on... and post it to either the raid/party or a private channel. As far as I have been able to find recount doesn't track that particular spell and not much luck searching Curse. Figured someone out there might be able to lend a hand. Thanks!

Re: Guardian Spirit counter

Several healing addons can be tweaked to show which buffs are active one which party members. I use Grid and you can input specific buffs/debuffs to look for. I'm not sure if there's something a little smaller or simpler for just a curious raid leader or something though. :-\

Out of curiosity, what do you intend to do with this knowledge?

When I played, I used an addon called Guardian Spirited. Despite its name it tracked not only Guardian Spirit, but Power Infusion and Pain Suppression, called out Divine Hymn and (I think) Hymn of Hope. It's a really nice addon I think, at least for me. The macros are really nice too, and are set up so if you button mash - like me - you don't send your target/party/raid/random channel multiple messages saying the same thing.
    I am not entirely sure if it watched other priests who didn't have it (I was a 10-man raider personally and only ever did 25s for vaults and an Ony once or twice). I'm pretty sure it didn't, but it's just as easy to ask them (politely) to get the addon.

Edit: Tracks Fear Ward too.

Edit 2: It sends out generic messages that you can edit anyway you like 'Such and such has Guardian Spirit/Fear War/Power Infusion/Pain Suppression.' When the buff dissipates it will also send out another message. '<Spell here> has faded from <target> normally.' That just means the buff ran its full duration without being cut off. If it is cut off - someone 'dies' with guardian spirit or got 'feared' with fear ward, it lets the group know in a similar fashion. '<Spell here> has faded from <target> abnormally.' (I don't remember if that's the default phrase...)

Yes, Guardian Spirited is almost always very accurate with the GS "consumption" tracking. However, it will only announce your own. ORA3 seems to be able to detect all CDs very well (without others having to use the mod too) but it will only display the default CD. Eg. If your warr last stand shows up as 1min remaining you know its ready because of glyph. Similarly whether GS is consumed or not it will always show up as 3min.

Guardian Spirited hasnt been updated in awhile but still works well.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

vuhdo shows this nicely as for any other buff / hot

Quote Originally Posted by rubberbands
    Yes, Guardian Spirited is almost always very accurate with the GS "consumption" tracking. However, it will only announce your own. ORA3 seems to be able to detect all CDs very well (without others having to use the mod too) but it will only display the default CD. Eg. If your warr last stand shows up as 1min remaining you know its ready because of glyph. Similarly whether GS is consumed or not it will always show up as 3min.

Guardian Spirited hasnt been updated in awhile but still works well.
    http://www.wowace.com/addons/raid-cooldowns/

Accurately tracks GS in both its glyphed and unglyphed state.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zeelian
    http://www.wowace.com/addons/raid-cooldowns/

Accurately tracks GS in both its glyphed and unglyphed state.
    Confirmed, I'm using it. But you need to edit the file and set the correct cooldowns for other abilities. This hasn't been updated since August '09.

Also, it only tracks your own GS cooldown accurately. See this quote:

The second issue is that talents and glyphs can greatly modify the cooldown of a spell. This data isn't transmitted in the combat log and requires some syncing between users of RaidCooldowns.
    Meaning all other holy priests in your raid will have to use it as well.

I can also recommend Guardian Spirited (http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...-spirited.aspx).
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Thank you everybody for the suggestions. I will try out some of these addons to see if they can serve their purpose. Guardian Spirited seems to be the right idea but I want to be able to see all priests.

The CD isn't my main concern at this point. I just need something that can tell me when it has been cast on any particular person and who it was cast by. Perhaps one of the alternate damage meters will be able to log this info.

I believe most raid buff trackers can do this. Ora2 for instance.