Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Class Preview: Priest

Well "life grip" will easily make priests the most hated class in the entire game, all thanks to idiots and jerks misusing it. You could write an entire book on the amount of ways you could single-handedly wipe an entire raid with this power and still have another entire book to write on how to grief with it in non-raid situations...

Seriously coming from the perspective of a lvl 80 combat rogue, lvl 80 prot warrior, and lvl 80 blood dk, I DO NOT WANT THIS POWER IN GAME PERIOD...

Quote Originally Posted by Ajaxthegreat
    Inc rage as people get life-gripped off a cliff by a levitating priest.
    Damnit, beat me to it. I'm just worried about Life Grip being used at the wrong times, for example.

"Oh no, fire! I'd better walk away from it. Okay, I am away from the fire, time to cast my sp-"
    "LIFE GRIP!"
    "What the hell dude, l2react faster."
    DEAL WITH IT.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    0.5 cast time. fixed.
    All the fun gone :'( :'(

So from a Shadow point of view we get balls and a non-retarded edition of Shadow Word: Death?

I'm impressed.

Also Life Grip will be wonderful in PvP; Instead of a slow and embarassing death i'll directly pull the rogue to make things faster (Again as shadow, discipline works damn fine ;D ).

This is what will effectively change with the inclusion of Leap of Faith

Now:
    *Boss begins to cast Damage Nova*
    *Melee DPS takes 100K damage*
    *Melee DPS dies*
    "heler were my helz?" or "god hel me do ur job"

Cata:
    *Boss begins to cast Damage Nova*
    *Melee DPS takes 100M damage*
    *Melee DPS dies*
    "heler y dint u grip me?" or "god grip me do ur job"

---

Edit: To everyone QQing about priests misusing it, how often do you wipe because a paladin misuses their bubble or DIs a healer during the fight? This isn't going to ruin the DF tool either anymore than the healer just leaving the party like they can do now. There will be people who abuse it at first to be funny but it will end up as a very effective tool in both PvE and PvP.

It's simple, just don't let Lifegrip cast unless the priest's feet are firmly on the ground. There are already spells that have this stipulation in the game, so it's easy to make it behave that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Vormav
    I'm willing to bet everything I own that life grip will NOT make it to live. They will see how much it can be abused in the Beta and it will be changed. It's so obvious this will happen.
    Adding a small cast time and the limitation of it only being usuable on non-moving targets will solve a lot.

no one noticed that now mana regen and hit rating will only be obtained through gear, no more buffs,only replenishment for mana regen but blizz also said that they will nerf that too,i think it is good idea,so you can as solo know how much mana you need and not to wait to come in raid to see do you have mana problems

The Levitate > Leap of Faith griefing is incredibly easy to stop. Just make Leap of Faith cancel Levitate and prevent it's use for 10 seconds. Problem solved.

I'm sure people will come up with some interesting uses, but the most obvious one is simple to fix.

The thing I am really happy about is not necesarry about priests, but the fact that Blizzard finally embraced the idea that making regen/hitrating variable based on group composition is something that will never allow boss encounters to be balanced properly.

Hope the healing will be like TBC style but without chaining mana pots.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost
    Life Grip is just asking for trouble.

it wuz not m fult. heal didnt grip me out is bad healr
    I think people will learn to approach it the same way they have when a dumbass who doesn't know how to play a DK death grips a mob and pulls aggro off the tank.

ROFL LIFE GRIP
    brb rerolling priest
    Because some players aren't looking for anything logical, like loot. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some players just want to watch the group fail.

It's pretty damn important that Life Grip will only be castable on party members, so while a healer will be able to wipe a raid with it, at least they'll be kicked, ignored, and blacklisted promptly. They won't be able to grief people and steal mining nodes, for example.

Deleted

Life grip just feels like a bad call.

You stand in fire, you die.
    You do not get to complain that the priest didn't grip your inobservant ass out :/

omg I want Life Grip to see release. I hope they go with a "just boot griefers from the raid" mindset instead of nerfing/removing it. Mebe they'll just make it only usable on targets in combat or something, which would get rid of atleast some abuse problems, but also nerf the usefulness a bit. Not that pulling people around out of combat wouldn't be godly fun.
    Patch changes quote from: Tigole
    --Many class changes. You won't like the ones made to your own class but you'll think the changes made to the 9 other classes are all overpowered.

Hrrrrm, my first thought when I saw "Life Grip" was basically that priests can now jump off places close to a ledge, Life Grip someone and then Levitate to safety while the other dies a rather annoying death. I'm a bad, bad warlock. :'(

I do like the concept of a lot of the changes though, particularily the changes to discipline. Improved shielding moving away from PW: Shield is rather interesting and might create a bit of depth to that role.

DPS Request: "Can we please continue dps while being Life Gripped? "

These changes where the most uninteresting so far. Maybe it's because priests are pretty good as they are? I dunno. Or maybe I need to play one to appriciate it.

Leap of Faith will be heavily modified, it's way too grief-friendly. It's a nice idea, but it just won't work.

Leap of Faith (level 85) sounds awesome

hope they don't remove it in the beta.
    Time waits for no one.
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

10+ Year Old Account

Man were going to be hearing the already old Life Grip off a cliff while levitated joke so many more times the next 24 hours.

I'm getting a headache just thinking about it.