Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Class Preview: Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Lynixx
    no one noticed that now mana regen and hit rating will only be obtained through gear, no more buffs,only replenishment for mana regen but blizz also said that they will nerf that too,i think it is good idea,so you can as solo know how much mana you need and not to wait to come in raid to see do you have mana problems
    I'm kind off mixed about this subject. Specially on the removal/reduction they plan with Replenishment effects. To me, the importantcy of receiving benefits while playing in groups outweights their argument to why to put limitations on it.

Since World of Warcraft is suppose to be a MMORPG after all, you know.

i think life grip would be amazign in battlegrounds to save those deathgripped into a huddle of melee. The only prob is that there are more dks's than priests in bg's so that might be a prob....unless when you life grip them they retain some temp immunity from deathgrip.

These changes seem to be a big BLAHHH. Like I mean some of the healing stuff sounds nice but the shadow stuff just seems fairly crappy.

Oh and if a Death Knight and Priest grip someone at the same time, he should die, ripped apart!

So where does mind spike go in my shadow priest rotation?
    Proud Member of the United States Navy. Aviation Machinist Mate!

10+ Year Old Account

Wow, i love all these changes, it might come close to making my priest alt im leveling now my main in cata, but ti will be hard to beat DK tanking.

And for those getting QQy about Life Grip, it will probably require you to be in the same group or raid, so you cant use it on random people, and will probably require other things to limit its abuse. Yes it will still be abused, but hopefully not to much. I want to see it get to release.

Though I know if it does, I am going to put it on a bar, far away from my other abilities, and not keybind it, jsut so i don't accidentally hit it.

No clue how many times I've wanted to Life grip on my DK when i see moron DPS running around like idiots.

PW: B is awesome.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by DanDaManZ06
    So where does mind spike go in my shadow priest rotation?
    They already said it doesn't go into your rotation, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vormav
    Man were going to be hearing the already old Life Grip off a cliff while levitated joke so many more times the next 24 hours.

I'm getting a headache just thinking about it.
    Since you can only life grip party members, it's not going to be like a priest can just jump off the cliff in Arathi, life grip an enemy and levitate while they fall and crash on the ground.

Omg with that life grip we'll see lots of "grip dance" in arenas, many dps will be annoyed XD

I think the priest stuff looks damn fun =)

Life grip CAN be used to grief a lot of players thou, and one can not do anything to prevent it, or smack the griefer back. A limitation should be made so one gotta sign up for accepting the help. Like being in the same party or raid at least so one can choose not to be gripped by morons.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    A few quick clarifications:

Neither Inner Fire nor Inner Will has charges. The decision is on which armor you want up at the time.

Preventing dot clipping is something we want to do in general. It obviously benefits Shadow priests just as much as warlocks.

The idea behind Mind Spike is that you can't always settle into your normal, and high-ramp up rotation. It's also useful when you have to move or get school locked.

The closest analogue to PW:B is the DK Anti-Magic Zone, but it has some important differences, such as a way to counter it in PvP (since it absorbs all damage, not just magical damage).

The idea behind the Holy "cast three in a row" talent (it's called "Chakra") is that we've always positioned Holy as a versatile healer. This talent lets you shift into different modes. If you need to be a tank healer, cast three single target heals and your single-target healing is now better. Cast three area heals, and you can be a temporarily specialized group healer. We're going to try to play this mechanic up with a cool UI to try to get that "I'm almost in the zone" feel. We'll let it apply to as many types of spells as we can, perhaps even Smite for those times when nobody's taking damage.

We pulled Misery because we are pulling every group benefit that improves hit. It's annoying to have to swap your gear in and out depending on who shows up for your group. In general we're going to push even harder in Cataclysm for bringing people you like to play with, not bringing people who have awesome buffs. The answer to almost every question of "But why would they bring me?" should be "Because you know what the hell you're doing."

Life grip a dps that has pulled aggro, wut? I don`t react to a dps pulling aggro I react to damage. I guess it`s more of a PvP spell indeed.

All in all I love the changes, especially the PW: Barrier, although I hope it`s more like WG and CoH, instead of just specific party members, and now PoH like.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

85 lvl spell : For PvP only. Great.

life grip = priests saving the day! (or at least have this dillusion till fail tags along! :P)
    The Aunans, Darksorrow EU recruiting for a better world
    www.the-aunans.net

10+ Year Old Account

How can people bitch about Leap of Faith this much? It says right there that you can only use it on party and raid members, it has a 45 second cooldown and since screwing around with it is likely to get you yelled at and kicked the griefing potential is limited.

God forbid priests get ONE cool spell in their entire arsenal.

Just to clarify for all of you delusional people who think you will be able to Levitate + Life Grip someone, the current mechanic for Death Grip does not let you jump off a cliff and cast it. I would suspect any form of Life Grip would be the same.

Regardless, there is no doubt that Life Grip will be removed because of griefing. I highly suspect priests will end up with some mutated form of Lightwell that actually does something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.

Life Grip (dammit, who's going to call it Leap of Faith?) could be used as a interesting niché for some bossfight.

I was expecting some new heal, but I guess it's not needed. Honestly though, I've never felt like my priest's AoE healing to be anywhere near good?
    Prayer of Healing feels slow as hell and Circle of Healing has a quite long cooldown. But whatever, since I'm not doing HM25 Lich King I'm not allowed to speak.

The improved healing state, aw.. give us Holy Form

Oh and, if any DPS promply bashes me for not Life Griping HIM out of danger, I'd stop healing him alltogether.

Shadow changes seem nice.
    As they pointed out, Shadow lacks in short fights, so I could've expected something like Devouring Plague (since it can only be active once at a time) dealing some AoE on tick, but meh.

Shadow Orbs? Interesting.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Woot, I feel like a little kid that got everything he/she wanted for Christmas!!!

I wanted hasted HoTs.
    I wanted heal over time effects from direct heals.
    I wanted a group power word: shield
    I didn't even think about a friendly death grip, I never even remotely thought Blizzard would do such a thing but i am so so so happy they did!; that will be freaking awesome. I can't wait to see the look on death knights faces when they death grip someone and I life grip them right back to me. I also can't wait to use this in PuGs on the tank, hehe.
    I never thought they would make heal viable again but I'm glad they did.
    I am also glad shadow priests got a nuke, they needed it as it takes them way longer then other casters to build up damage.
    The new empowered state after casting 3 of the same heals also sounds interesting and i can't wait for more information about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-MM
    Life grip CAN be used to grief a lot of players thou, and one can not do anything to prevent it, or smack the griefer back. A limitation should be made so one gotta sign up for accepting the help. Like being in the same party or raid at least so one can choose not to be gripped by morons.
    Did you not read it?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

But cant other classes do that now too ? Like pallys for example, cant their DI wipe an entire raid if they wanted to?