Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Class Preview: Priest

leap of faith sounds like it's a great tool to annoy melee dps ;D
    There's only one sane solution: blow it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MduM0SCXlqM#t=1m03s

Quote Originally Posted by stormshadow243
    Since you can only life grip party members, it's not going to be like a priest can just jump off the cliff in Arathi, life grip an enemy and levitate while they fall and crash on the ground.
    The problem is that it opens an opportunity for a class to kill another class who is in the same faction, while the victim cannot do anything in response to it (mainly fight back)

Quote Originally Posted by stormshadow243
    Since you can only life grip party members, it's not going to be like a priest can just jump off the cliff in Arathi, life grip an enemy and levitate while they fall and crash on the ground.
    But they can jump off, levitate, grip a friend and cast levitate on him. (Or just don't cast it and let your friend fall down mwahaha)

This is all awesome, I'm glad I made a priest long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-MM
    Life grip CAN be used to grief a lot of players thou, and one can not do anything to prevent it, or smack the griefer back. A limitation should be made so one gotta sign up for accepting the help. Like being in the same party or raid at least so one can choose not to be gripped by morons.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they made it use reagents or even gave it an additional effect like increase movement speed for a short amount of time.

People saying you can levitate jump off a cliff and Life grip, no, don't be retarded. Just like Death Grip your target has to be able to path to you... can you path to things in mid air? No you can't.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

weak.... like we need more direct heals
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

im happy with the preview tbh

to see pw:b come back- nice.

to have different shields is nice... bigger smaller and a "normal" one, if this goes live- nice

life grip.... hm well... we will see ... sounds pretty fun, but blizz WILL change something on that. as it is now it wont go through the beta... it just cant... i just cant imagine to be able to grip a friend out of combat to me or somethin like this.... death grip is pain, life grip will be the same...

for me
    We want to make Holy a little bit more interesting to play. One new talent will push the Holy priest into an improved healing state when he or she casts Prayer of Healing, Heal, or Renew three times in a row. The empowered state varies depending on the heals cast.
    sounds pretty cool, this would make the whole holy tree more funny and not that boring, as holy is atm in raids.
    radiance seems to be a step towards mobility as a holy priest aswell...

inner fire and inner will... hm... sounds damn nice, one of the things which will to 100% raise the skillcap of all priests

all in all im happy with the healing-priest changes which are upcomming... not "too happy" just "happy"... could have been much worse tbh

the shadow preview is just meeeh... nothing game breaking... i want to see the shadow talent tree first before i could say anything bout the changes in cata... beta will be very interesting

Am I the only one that thinks that Lumber Mill in Arathi Basin was designed with priests in mind?

First we can Mind Control enemies off the ledge now we can jump off ledge, levitate and pull our own team off the ledge as well! :P

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Im just afraid it'll end up being like divine intervention, the end all be all button that has a huge CD and takes reagants?

I really hope the shadow orbs will look like the ones Kal is running around with, would be imba ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Kwickslash
    now we can jump off ledge, levitate and pull our own team off the ledge as well! :P
    No, you can't.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

15+ Year Old Account

really like the sound of all these new abilities can't wait to try out that grip one

Deleted

i like the last comment, and still shamans are the only class with bloodlust..

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream
    People saying you can levitate jump off a cliff and Life grip, no, don't be retarded. Just like Death Grip your target has to be able to path to you... can you path to things in mid air? No you can't.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

hmm dunno what to think of priest in cata... i play holy/shadow and i'm not THAT excited about the changes.. nothing special, just "Leap of Faith" sounds really nice :>

inner will is trash, cuz i got tuskarrs vit. on my boots.. but maybe i'll have more mana problems in cata? dunno..

Here is another idea for life grip, get a row of priests going in warsong gulch 30 yards apart lined up in a straight line and chain life grip the flag carrier to the base LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Pencho
    Finally, the road to revenge over the Rogues is clear!!
    But really this will be an awesome PuG moron controller.
    Spell name change incoming!

10+ Year Old Account

Repeat, saying that Leap of Faith will be removed because it will be used for griefing is STUPID.

You can't grip someone when you are in midair. Can't be done. Not allowed.

You can only grip people in the same party or raid. If you think it will be hilarious to grip the tank into a huge pack of fire or whatever, good luck ever getting invited back.

Even if you gripped another party member out of combat for no reason. Then what? It's not like you can hurt them, you've just caused them mild inconvenience.

Leap of Faith is a cool spell. Deal with it nerds.

Besides, it's about time priests were able to actually "grip" people if you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Cluthu
    Friendly? I don't think so, cast levitate, jump off a cliff and caste Leap of faith on someone in your group.
    Ever tried DGping in air ? You should try that, it does nothing. Its spell tech problem, you cant DG player when DG spell dont know where to place them. Same would be with LG.

EDIT : totally agree with player above me

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream
    No, you can't.
    Even if you could, you will still go down with the enemy, so won't help you steal a flag in BGs, but at least apply an "eye of an eye" rule to that flag.