Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Class Preview: Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_ski
    hmm, probably because some of us see the obvious misuse or some of us have seen an identical power in another game regularly piss people off. That's after they added a prompt dialog option to teleports and rezs only 6 months after the game's initial release in 2004. Teleporting teammates into foes, into walls/objects, and to the ceiling of the world map to fall to their death's were popular griefing methods. That doesn't include people complaining of nausea before the prompt change because of teammates unintentionally recalling someone to different locations at the same time.

I'm sure it'll have the same limitations as Death grip.

As far as complaining about people pulling you into fire and such: Stop grouping with retards, and it won't happen.

I will be forcing someone in my guild to roll a priest and I will only run pugs if hes with me.

Stupid dps
    "Theres a pack of mobs....I better run over there and start stabbing them"

Priest
    "Get back over here and wait for the tank to pull, stupid"

10+ Year Old Account

At least now when we fall from the Lumber Mill in Arathi, we don't have to die, a hostile Death Knight or a friendly Priest can now save you.

"OMG you n00b i haz paracute, y u pul me backs??!1?!1!!1"
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

Quote Originally Posted by Chin Music
    Technically you get mastery bonuses as soon as you start putting points in the tree. It's just that your orbs will probably just be really weak. "small balls" so to speak.
    Probably more points means more proc chances... More balls. So to speak.

*thanks Blizzard for the future endless stream of jokes about shadow priests' balls!*

Quote Originally Posted by muto
    The new empowered state after casting 3 of the same heals also sounds interesting and i can't wait for more information about this.
    I like expecially this

10+ Year Old Account

They could make Life Grip so you can only cast it on targets below a certain percentage of health. Also it would be nice if you could glyph/talent into it giving a speed boost or aggro reduction to get you back into the fight asap. A weakened soul effect could be added to take away the chain gripping problems or exploits.

LEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOO.....

priest: no

*lolgrip*!!
    Quote Originally Posted by stonedviper
    If a rogue had fan of food stacks that auto tossed 2 stacks of food in the bags of everyone within 20 yards mages wouldn't be needed...lol

Leap of Faith- Priests say, "GET OVER HERE!!!"

The Dot changes are going to make haste the tricky to gear stat as it will heave a staircase effect, x amount more haste to get one more tick into the uptime, then x more until the next extra tick is going to require extra thought into gearing, which imo is a good thing.

Raiding Shadow Priest here:
    Well, since they are going to rebuild the shadow talent tree i'm not going to QQ a lot, just a little bit.
    What the SP gets: Mind Spike lvl 81. just LAME:
    "Spamming Mind Spike will do about as much damage as casting Mind Flay on a target afflicted with Shadow Word: Pain."
    With 1.5 secs cast, way faster than Mind Flay, ther SP is loosing his ultra-cool-facemelter in favor of Mind Spike (can't see a reason to use Mind Flay now, except for the porpouse of renewing SW:P on target) .
    Shadow Orbs: Cool-looking, we'll see how they play out, a SP in shadowform with 5 orbs around him will look goooooood.
    Misery goes : Alright Blizzard, better increase our DPS or else... who will want a SP in their raid setup?, with all our support abilities already in other classes...
    SW: Death : Coming back as an Execute. Not a bad idea, since now SW is just a filler or something you cast while running, changes to the mecanics must be done if its going to be an execute, meaning it will cause a lot of DMG to a target below 25% they better remove the part where the SP takes all the freaking damage done to the target if it does not die, right now I can´t imagine taking let's say 10k damage every 12 secs (assuming they increase the damage it does).

All in all, i can't see anything interesting here, seems we SP are going to be forsaken once again.

10+ Year Old Account

Mana will be a bigger consideration for all healers. We aren't trying to make healing more painful; we're trying to make it more fun.

I'm sorry.. but where they got this stupid idea that going OOM or being worried about mana is F U N... I'm sorry... It's not, it's annoying and boring. The fear that you might kill someone because you are OOM and you can't do crap about it's not FUN.

Quote Originally Posted by Bats
    This Life Grip crap will be removed, half of the priests out there will just be arses with it for damn sure.
    Like DK aren't? :x Only difference is instead of it being the opposite faction being asshats its gonna be your faction, giving you full access to verbally chew them a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Tbh dno why i expected more , there are some nice changes but it doesnt have the WOW effect that the shaman preview had.

And comparing the responses from priest and shamans , its like totally opposed. At the shaman changes only cheers and omg happy people , but for priest
    not that "zomg" ... but people jump on the hate train for an interestting spell , not that ground braking , but good to have in situational moments and totally ignoring the
    other mediocre shit they get.

Altho its only a preview and i think its only a small part of the changes that are being made , so we might get more info as beta/cata release day approaches.
    But I can't shake the feeling that things won't go so well for the priests , mainly for shadow priests...

Raiding as Shadow and I can't wait to try the changes out. (I for one, do not judge something harshly before I've tried it)
    Grip could also be lots of fun... Now if someone is annoying me, I can grip them into a fire.

Quote Originally Posted by golbez
    Mana will be a bigger consideration for all healers. We aren't trying to make healing more painful; we're trying to make it more fun.

I'm sorry.. but where they got this stupid idea that going OOM or being worried about mana is F U N... I'm sorry... It's not, it's annoying and boring. The fear that you might kill someone because you are OOM and you can't do crap about it's not FUN.
    I know how you feel, didn't they do this once before in BC? Tried changing the mana issues and made it so bad a lot of healers quit? All I know is, if I have to worry about going oom again, I'll just go back to solid DPS. At least my hunter won't have to worry about that utter BS. She will just have a crazy orange "energy" bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

As a melee dps, the thought of life grip is somewhat worrying - i'm perfectly capable of avoiding fire and whatnot, I really don't want another class making the decisions for me and yanking me 40+ yards away from the boss and me having to spend ages running back.

Also, not everyone had in depth knowledge of each and every class - for example if we are struggling on dps for a fight, I might decide to stay in an aoe but pop shamanistic rage to keep me alive through it - the priest healer might not realise what i'm doing and grip me away to avoid the aoe, thinking he's helping but he's not.

I think its definately more of a pvp skill to help out your team mates if in trouble, but for pve its got more potential to mess things up than help imo.

Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

Leap of Faith (level 85): Pull a party or raid member to your location. Leap of Faith (or "Life Grip") is intended to give priests a tool to help rescue fellow players who have pulled aggro, are being focused on in PvP, or just can't seem to get out of the fire in time. Instant. 30-yard range. 45-second cooldown.
    Am I the only one who thought of Assassin's Creed when I read the name of this spell?

I like these changes, and I can see a lot of uses (both funny and cruel) for this Leap of Faith spell. Jumping over some edge, and then LoFing some ally just to see him/her go "splat" while I levitate. It's going to be so much fun
    Because of the changes to Shadow Priests I may even change one of my specs to shadow again, but I think I'll have to wait and see before deciding anything.

But I will most definitively be keeping my disc spec:
    [blizzquote="Zarhym;http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/24038432151/cataclysm-class-preview-priest/]Discipline will finally be getting Power Word: Barrier as a talented ability. Think of it like a group Power Word: Shield.[/blizzquote"]This sounds sooo cool
    If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by golbez

I feel this is quite wierd.. Do you think it's fun having healers spaming their biggest heals for a entier encounter without actually looking at their mana? :q They're making sure you can't just spam the biggest and fastest heal you have in your spell book, you actually got to THINK before you heal since in a huge part of wotlk some healers have not had to pay attention to their mana bar which is wrong imo and removes what should be an extra concern for the healer.

Wouldn't Life Gripping a tank generally be bad?

Also I don't understand Shadow Orbs, increased Mastery on gear increases the effect or number of Shadow Orbs around Shadow Priests which in turn increase shadow damage dealt, wait isn't this the same as Mastery #1: Spell Damage???

Once again Blizz demonstrates just how completely clueless they can be about their own game. Does anyone imagine that Leap of Faith will ever make it out of beta? At least they limited it to group or raid members, but even at that I see this as nothing but trouble. A quick read of the comments regarding it here will confirm the potential headaches. Between this, and Blizz's outrageous, and completely unprecedented, highjacking of the blood dk dps tree for tanking only, Blizz has proven once again that they are often just flailing around in the dark, with little concern regarding their own traditions or broken promises.

Dammit don't dangle the carrot unless there's a chance that we can get to it: in the case of Leap of Faith, it will never see the light of day in the finalized expansion, not as currently described at least. Unless Blizz is even more incompetent than I sometimes consider them to be.