Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Cataclysm Class Preview: Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Mewbaraue
    Jumping over some edge, and then LoFing some ally just to see him/her go "splat" while I levitate.
    The rest of the thread wishes for you to read it. You can't do this, not unless Blizzard decide to totally revamp the positioning mechanics of the game.

Leap of Faith if this goes live arena with a priest will be quite more interesting!

Also to the shadow priests whining about little information; Blizzard stated they will be overhauling the shadow talent tree because of so many uninteresting talents. Expect more changes later on/during beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Miatela
    The rest of the thread wishes for you to read it. You can't do this, not unless Blizzard decide to totally revamp the positioning mechanics of the game.
    Bah. I usually read the thread before posting, but this one time I didn't, and see what happened
    But Blizz has to revamp it all, 'cause I want to be able to splat my allies once in a while!
    If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

10+ Year Old Account

life grip! score!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream
    Life grip is going to be hilarious.
    exactly what I was thinking haha :P
    Will be a lot of fun seeing what people will use it for. Will probably only let to be cast on group targets. Imagine a group of 20 priests annoying the hell out of people griping (leaping) them out of bank/AH or whatever else
    I'll be levelling my priest again tough, this is absolute dope. Barrier and more shields is going to kick a**
    "The biggest problem with people these days is not that they set their goals to high and do not reach them, it's that they set their goals to low, reach them, and become satisfied...." NEVER BECOME SATISFIED!

I liked everything but Life Grip lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Cataclysm Class Preview: Priest (Priest Forum)
    And we finally have the last class preview of the day! Tomorrow we will have the previews of the Warrior, Death Knight, and Rogue classes.
    Tomorrow? Boub you posted it on april 8. Are you trying to tell us we have to wait to april 9th for tasty warrior preview? ???
    "Malfurion can apparently pop everyone into the dream and make a dream state army.. oh and summon the forest animals in a way that makes Snow White jealous. He's like the Ace ventura of the Emerald Dream. "

15+ Year Old Account

Leap of Faith made me giggle

Just cuz a spell can be abused doesnt mean it will be. Look at misdirect/tricks of the trade. How often do you see hunters/rogues using this to kill their party members? I realize the new priest ability would be funnier to abuse, and will be occasionally, but I dont think it will be this big, wide spread problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scotland, where we talk funny, and slowly kill ourselves with chippy home-deliveries and booze.

GNARLY, they did post it! Shadow seems alright, and Disc is getting some new toys, yay!
    I might have to try out Holy, looking at those changes, Chakra seems pretty awesome...

Quote Originally Posted by Requiembcn
    What the SP gets: Mind Spike lvl 81. just LAME:
    "Spamming Mind Spike will do about as much damage as casting Mind Flay on a target afflicted with Shadow Word: Pain."
    With 1.5 secs cast, way faster than Mind Flay, ther SP is loosing his ultra-cool-facemelter in favor of Mind Spike (can't see a reason to use Mind Flay now
    I would imagine it will cost more mana than Mind Flay. We'll have to cast/stack the debuff from Mind Spike before it does the same damage as Mind Flay.

Quote Originally Posted by protohamster
    Wouldn't Life Gripping a tank generally be bad?
    I don't think it's designed to be used on the tank, though it could be good for those Arcane Explosion type bosses. I imagine it would lower the targets threat, letting the tank drop an AoE down to grab them all.
    ^ _____ ^

They should make Leap the other way around, ala Intervene, the priest jumps to targetted ally!

I have 2 level 80 priests, so I have a lot to say - incoming long post:

I had to smile about "life Grip - for those who just can't seem to get out of fire." I already have dps saying, "why didn't you heal me." I say, "you were standing in fire for over a minute, I can't heal stupid." Now we will have dps saying, "why didn't you pull me out of the fire?"

Think about WSG were once people figure out the spaceing, they can do premade teams of a gobin mage runner uses his racial/blink abilities to jump to friendly team mates, while priests life grip him when his speed boast cooldowns are not up. We can have some very fast WSG flag caps with this.

PS. when I tried to post this thread was on page 8!
    I do like the idea that all our schools are not linked to counter spells. I hated running low level instances for achivments, only to be counter spelled by a mob 20 levels lower than me, and find that when my holy spell was CS that my disco spells are also locked out. I duel spec to shadow and when my shadow spells are CS then my disco spells are locked out as well. As a Draenei I felt bad that if my holy spells were CS then my racial is also locked out... that just felt wrong.

They really are going to have to change racials around if they are changing hit so it is not dependant on group comps. No more "have to bring a Draenei so we can be hit capped." If they keep the Draenei's 'heals for less than herbalism's heal over time' racial then I sure hope they finally allow us to use our racial in shadow form!

As far as them saying that they want to equalize holy and disco's thoughtput... I prefer the positioning of one being an amazing raid healer, and one being an amazing single target healer. I don't care which is which, but since priests are the only class with two schools of healing, and in a raid there are two types of healers, I would prefer that distinction.

I had to smile that they are removing the spirit buff that priests bring, in BC it was a talent that was in the disco tree. When BC was ending, and we got WOTLK talents, and all bosses were nerfed to the ground, my guild did Kara to try everything out. I chose not to spec into that spirit buff, and got kicked out of the guild because of that choice... now they are removing it completely.

I got really excited when I saw that Shamans got an ablility to cast spells while moving, but got disappointed priests didn't get something similar. Shamans also got a great AOE healing spell, healing rain, I hate them for taking my raid spots... Heroism+fear totems+these changes... no wonder so many priests want to grief with Leap of Faith!

I thought it strange that they are saying the shadow orbs are for low levels to feel more like shadow priests before getting shadow form. I thought this game was balanced around end game, not for low levels to feel good about themselves.

The both "inner" buffs are in two parts (SP+armor) and (reduced mana+movement), so a PVE and a PVP component. I hope they are off the GCD so you can change quickly.

Leap of Faith will make priests responsable for players standing in fire, and will make melee (who some how are usually the ones not looking where they stand) more lazy. And I know raidleaders will ask us to pamper the slackers.

On the other hand I like every new spell and change!

Deleted

When im unhappy with group in dungeon finder and want a kick so i can look for a new? they wont?

np just grip dps into adds , use fade, gg at least 1 dps dies there.

Personally I love Life Grip, like hell anyone will call it Leap of Faith, it fits right in with the ,helping people to move properly cause they are stupid, that Body and Soul gives me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Ice cream sales increase in the summer over the rest of the year (this is established fact). The number of drownings increase in the summer over the rest of the year (this is also established fact). By your logic ... ice cream causes people to drown.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Spindelltrollet
    I feel this is quite wierd.. Do you think it's fun having healers spaming their biggest heals for a entier encounter without actually looking at their mana? :q They're making sure you can't just spam the biggest and fastest heal you have in your spell book, you actually got to THINK before you heal since in a huge part of wotlk some healers have not had to pay attention to their mana bar which is wrong imo and removes what should be an extra concern for the healer.
    Exactly... CONCERN... an anxious feeling... Not fun... Don't get me wrong, I don't want endless mana and I do pay attention to my mana, but worrying about mana is not a good direction if you ask me.

The holy and disc changes seem interesting enough. The shadow changes seem pretty underwhelming though. Shadow priests have long been the red headed step child of WoW. Pretty much the only thing that secured us a raiding spot was the buffs we brought. In Classic we were all but unheard of at end game. In BC we were mana batteries. Then in WoTLK, several classes could do it. So Misery then became our trump. And while I can understand that gearing around hit is a pain for other classes, the 3% extra hit is just about the only thing we've got left at this point. It terms of DPS output we take a while to ramp up. In a flat out burn between two comparibly skilled and geared players - one a spriest and one a pure DPS - the biggest majority of the time the pure DPS is going to come out ahead. If Misery is going away and Replenishment isn't a factor, I can't really see a good raid guild having much of an incentive to bring a spriest along when there are other classes that can do what we do so much better. At this point I can only hope that the shadowy balls of goodness actually bring us a competitive edge. And maybe the talent tree will be loaded with super awesomeness. Maybe . . .

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pisholina
    At least now when we fall from the Lumber Mill in Arathi, we don't have to die, a hostile Death Knight or a friendly Priest can now save you.

"OMG you n00b i haz paracute, y u pul me backs??!1?!1!!1"
    Stop spreading misinformation.

Re-read the blue post and then come back.

hmmm hots are goin to get some love in cata
    cant w8 to see what druid bring on, but if haste wont make hots shorter(and probably mastery will make it even longer), hots will crit. its sounds already to good. have to try 2man blood quen10 my druid+pala when changes arive

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tumdumdumdum
    Leap of Faith will make priests responsable for players standing in fire, and will make melee (who some how are usually the ones not looking where they stand) more lazy. And I know raidleaders will ask us to pamper the slackers.

On the other hand I like every new spell and change!
    Seriously?

Stop running raids with awful people. Raids aren't going to stack priests to save lazy people from killing themselves. Guilds/raids will kick them. Unless its nepotism.