Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Class Preview: Priest

Quote Originally Posted by TBK1001
    Once again Blizz demonstrates just how completely clueless they can be about their own game. Does anyone imagine that Leap of Faith will ever make it out of beta? At least they limited it to group or raid members, but even at that I see this as nothing but trouble. A quick read of the comments regarding it here will confirm the potential headaches. Between this, and Blizz's outrageous, and completely unprecedented, highjacking of the blood dk dps tree for tanking only, Blizz has proven once again that they are often just flailing around in the dark, with little concern regarding their own traditions or broken promises.

Dammit don't dangle the carrot unless there's a chance that we can get to it: in the case of Leap of Faith, it will never see the light of day in the finalized expansion, not as currently described at least. Unless Blizz is even more incompetent than I sometimes consider them to be.
    Moron.

Read the rest of the thread. You are the one thats clueless. Not blizz. Griefers are going to grief you, assholes will be assholes, doesnt matter if lifegrip exists or not. Leap WILL make it live because you CANT use it to grief people like you people keep talking about, you cant grab someone off a cliff, you can't do it with DG either!

as for "Hijacking blood DK DPS" If you are blood dps right now you are bad should GTFO of any raid you are in. Blood is infact the WORST Dps tree. It'd be like taking a sub rogue for god sakes. QQ somewhere else, your comments are pointless whining about change.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Old Coot
    Lots of crying about a priest potentially being able to grip you off a cliff, but no mention (only made 11 pages thru this) of a priest being potentially able to save you when Mr Shaman blows you off the same cliff...

I'm sad about the party or raid member only part. Would be great tool to remove those people who park their mammouth over mailboxes, quest givers, quest items, flight masters etc.

Will be nice to get rid of people who sit on the fish feast/mage table in raids though.

You, like others, are not comprehending the point of Life Grip.

If you think a priest is going to sit there and grip people off of a feast with a 45 second CD, you are playing the wrong game.

Not impressed.

Life Grip.. yeah, lots of lolz to come in PvP, big whoop.

In any case, I'm very worried about the drastic nerf to regen and healing proficiency for all healers, Blizzard is still tuning the game difficulty by nerfing healers at large and making it tougher on them to keep players up and running.

I thought we had seen the disastrous effect it has had in Wrath, but apparently it didn't go far enough yet.

Life Grip : greatest Way to wipe a raid they have divised yet

oh lets just grip the guy that has aggro and turn a front arc coldbreathing, cleaving mob around so everyone in the raid has some fun of it .....

Misery : no longer adding +3% for the raid ...
    oh we just went ahead and reduced dps since everyone will need to gem / enchant for another 3% hit now ^^

all the curing is just a big piece of B.
    so with all the changes anounced future healing will be :
    1 priest / pala for curing
    1 Shaman for curing
    and the rest fill up with trees, since they are the only ones that don't care if the have to cast cures, since all heals are instants

PS : whatever GC is smoking someone should take it away from him

Quote Originally Posted by SonsofDisaster
    Life Grip is going to be both amazing and awesomely annoying (Life Gripping melee for no reason = <3).
    SUPER excited that PW:Barrier is making a return.
    Sounds like Blizz is trying to implement a psuedo-Holyform... I like it!
    Shadow orbs sounds really cool too. Might have to dual-spec into Shadow...

I'm also completely confused by Inner Will. I'm finding it hard to imagine many PvE situations where a Disc priest would choose Inner Fire over Inner Focus... Reduced cost of PoM, Penance, PW:S, PW:B (presumably) + Movement Speed increase is probably going to be more beneficial in almost all cases except for static fights when the Priest has NO risk of going OOM.
    they said its situational first off plus really useful in times where for one reason or another you have to move. plus think pvp
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alexstrasza&cn=Romeolock

Quote Originally Posted by tradicas
    Wait a second, what the crap...

Shadow orbs are there to make low level players feel more "shadowy"?

But they said only high end gear will have lots of mastery stats...
    no mastery is from speccing into a certain tree
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alexstrasza&cn=Romeolock

I love the life grip. So many uses for it. Imagine if u had it on Kiljeaden, some1 got the debuff that deals aoe dmg to raid and u grip him into the safe orb right before kiljeadens aoe for 50k dmg. Or for example Icehowl, he is going to charge someone and u can just life grip that guy safely, no risk of beign hit. Another example can be a, helping ppl moving away, lets see... you are fighting Solarian, someone in the raid is gettin bomb debuff and needs to move away fast, priest that is standing away for entire fight can just grip that player fast and safe.

Also i dont rly understand why do u say its gona be deleted. Spell aint gona be abused, maybe in really bad pugs only but if u are doin a guild run, whats the the problem ? So you are saying that priests in your guild are terrible ? Whats the point of keeping them in a guild then... That will be no problem in decent pugs aswell coz what moron would want to wipe the raid, he would loose as much or maybe even more than anyone else in the raid.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_ski
    Well "life grip" will easily make priests the most hated class in the entire game, all thanks to idiots and jerks misusing it. You could write an entire book on the amount of ways you could single-handedly wipe an entire raid with this power and still have another entire book to write on how to grief with it in non-raid situations...

Seriously coming from the perspective of a lvl 80 combat rogue, lvl 80 prot warrior, and lvl 80 blood dk, I DO NOT WANT THIS POWER IN GAME PERIOD...
    I noticed you don't have a lvl 80 priest.

We pulled Misery because we are pulling every group benefit that improves hit.
    Does this mean they are finally getting rid of the draeni hit racial? I hope so because I think that is a ridic racial that should have never been put in place as a passive buff to any serious raiding guild on alliance side.l

I can forsee chain-life gripping tanks to keep them away from big hitting bosses during soft enrages

imagine Vezax with his blackblood buff, and you just lifegrip the tank the hell outa there
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Redinna
    Does this mean they are finally getting rid of the draeni hit racial? I hope so because I think that is a ridic racial that should have never been put in place as a passive buff to any serious raiding guild on alliance side.l
    they said they were reworking all racials so dont worry.

Really like the Life Grip idea. If used right, people will love us forever...
    Also, the mindspike could add even more offense to my pvp disco priest..we'll see how it all pans out..
    The feeling returns whenever we close our eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoulis
    Ok well on a more serious note... the changes to DoTers are good...and Spriest dps if prolly gonna go up... but i wanted something unique...something new we could use.....
    We'll have to wait till the 56-point talent it seems

Cheers
    Zoulis
    There isnt one. they are not. Extending. the talent. trees.

I love when people read.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwingtipshoes
    Moron.

Read the rest of the thread. You are the one thats clueless. Not blizz. Griefers are going to grief you, assholes will be assholes, doesnt matter if lifegrip exists or not. Leap WILL make it live because you CANT use it to grief people like you people keep talking about, you cant grab someone off a cliff, you can't do it with DG either!
    So the ability is just announced and you know everything about it, hmm? That it'll make it to live, the ways it won't be used to grief people...

Most of the posts pointing out the flaws in Leap of Faith's mechanics and the potential griefing that could (see also: will) result sound more like well-measured reasoning than abstract whining to me. But that may just be me. I tend to lean more towards open-minded discussion than self-righteous know-it-all. Silly, I know.

It's true that DG made it out of beta when a lot of people thought it wouldn't, but it received a lot of attention during testing and continued to even after it went live. And there are also plenty of abilities that never made it out of beta. (See the Shaman update and Spirit Link for just one example.) I would say that Leap of Faith is definitely a red flag, and I'm sure it's going to receive its fair share of attention in the Cataclysm beta. Until it goes live, most of us are just going to have to watch and hope.

Compared to new shaman's spells priest changes look quite weak tbh

I'm really disappointed. Look at the Shamans, that are great changes / ideas. Guess I'm going to stick with my Druid or Fury ....

Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

Leap of Faith (level 85): You can dive from high places and fall unharmed in a pile of hay. Instant. 30-yard range. 45-second cooldown.

OK Fixed. Priests will have Altair robe as Tier 11 :P

Cool skills by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart
    Nice changes, I'm happy.

Anyways, Levitate->Run off a cliff->Life Grip someone in the air
    READ THE THREAD BEFORE POSTING.

ITS BEEN SAID THAT IT WONT WORK LIKE THIS DUE TO THE POSITIONING MECHANICS OF THE GAME I CANT FERAL CHARGE YOU WHILE YOU ARE IN MID AIR.

I CAN NOT DEATH GRIP YOU WHILE IN MID AIR.

IT

DOESN'T

WORK

THAT

WAY.

Dude could we guy a giant 24 point bold underlined letters on the front page explaining how death grip works so people will stop with the same crap over and over and over again?
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sormer
    So the ability is just announced and you know everything about it, hmm? That it'll make it to live, the ways it won't be used to grief people...

Most of the posts pointing out the flaws in Leap of Faith's mechanics and the potential griefing that could (see also: will) result sound more like well-measured reasoning than abstract whining to me. But that may just be me. I tend to lean more towards open-minded discussion than self-righteous know-it-all. Silly, I know.

It's true that DG made it out of beta when a lot of people thought it wouldn't, but it received a lot of attention during testing and continued to even after it went live. And there are also plenty of abilities that never made it out of beta. (See the Shaman update and Spirit Link for just one example.) I would say that Leap of Faith is definitely a red flag, and I'm sure it's going to receive its fair share of attention in the Cataclysm beta. Until it goes live, most of us are just going to have to watch and hope.
    I know that all repositioning abilities in this game work the same way (sans knockback) DG, Shadow step, feral charge, charge. They all work the same, you can not charge(or feral charge) or shadowstep to someone thats in mid air. try it. "no path is available" Same thing when you try and deathgrip someone while you are falling. DOESNT. WORK. because the positioning mechanics in the game DO NOT ALLOW IT.

You really should l2read before spouting your crap, the game already has things in place that prevent it!

It will also only work on party/raid members, IE i cant sit on the roof of the bank and grab people off the ground just because.

So whats the griefing here? Gripping random DPS for the hell of it? How is it any differnt than TotT or MD on the healer? Oh right, no differnt. Go QQ else where mr. 2 posts its no differnt than what can be done now, it CANT pull people off cliffs so the only griefing that can be done with it is screwing with your raid/5-man groups. IE rogues and hunters can already do that. Oh not to mention when random-dk DGs something off of the tank.
    Wow.

never new that there were such a jerks around on the forums