Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Class Preview: Priest

Oh god now every stupid noob is gonna roll priest because "they are so cool now", remember, i did it before it was cool and you are all followers.

Edit: and btw, look at everyone scheming ways to abuse life grip, and you tools wonder why they take that type of stuff out in beta? fail less

Quote Originally Posted by Yowza
    I can't wait to jump off a cliff and bring a friend down with me.
    Im sure you give devs nightmares, but A+ for creativity. That was freakin' hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Valleera
    Life grip just feels like a bad call.

You stand in fire, you die.
    You do not get to complain that the priest didn't grip your inobservant ass out :/
    If you raid with people who would legitimately blame the healer rather than shame the stupid dps, the new spell is not your problem.

I don't like Life Grip one bit, I won't train it, use it, or buy Cataclysm if Life Grip goes live.
    White Knights on mmo-champion.com forums: Able to troll with no repercussions!

Leap of faith (Life grip) Sounds way to Class Flavor-ish for me, it wont last long on the beta.
    If at first you don't Succeed....then you fail.

I am very worried about Life Grip, I can already see myself getting Life gripped away from other people just because the priest is an asshole or has some form of hate for Paladins. It'll be like how DKs death grip targets away from me at the moment, except more frustrating.

I suspect if I am to be banned over anything in WoW, it'll be from flaming a priest via whisper. I hope this doesn't go live, I mean even in PvE - if players need others to fix their mistakes for them then they need to go back to learning WoW. It's not hard to move out the fire.

Deleted

As a healer freak its kinda boring to not see any new great healing spell that Blizz have planned.
    I know its still waaaay to early to bitch about but i would still like to see what they have in mind and im looking forward to when it comes
    The Shammy Healing ideas is so nice and im really looking forward to it

I was also a bit disappointed when saw the priest's preview comparing with the other two that were released before.

Leap of faith sounds kinda fun but it doesn't have much utility on pvp neither pve. Pve if people don't move from void zones and stuff, then open your eyes and learn to react faster because you can't wait depend from a guy that is so focused healing the raid and pull the dude from the void zone... Also for pvp it's a little better but it's useless so many times because they focus on the healer.

Priest already has many great healings spell but I was also expecting a new one (not heal that already exists...). Even if it would replace one that we use, I would like but this is a preview, many still there would be a new cool healing spell.

I love to heal, already played with a main many classes (healer only event tried pala, 3 dps and 2 tanks) and the only thing that makes me really want to play always is healing. The rest is pretty boring for me so I am a little sad for this preview but I still hope for cool new spells for priest (healing ones).

Otherwise, hoping for a cool preview for resto druids since it's the second healing spec that I like.

i just can't really see the point of the "life crap"... err "life grip" thingy if it doesn't at least heal/shield the target a bit. on the other hand, i'd glady have a new spell which would do the opposite, meaning tp-ing myself to the friendly target, or the furthest party member... that would be far more helpfull since priests still lack ways to escape. my 2 cents.

changes are not really that exciting for disc priests, pw:b may be welcome for sure but i guess i'll wait for the other changes to come.

on the other hand, i can't wait to see the changes for holy priests live and their modular healing talent they talked about.

as for shadow, meh, i don't need no orbs at low lvl to "feel" more shadowy, and yay for shadowfrost spell as expected (more to come?)

Life Grip... i have a priest friend and i think he is going to pull my rogue away in heroics just to annoy me, but i could find it funny to see 5 Priests and 5 Deathknights just pulling some guy around... May it never fall in the wrong hands, because else i need a new KeyBoard, theres rage-safe.

I really am still baffled at the lack of real Shadow changes. We do not want or need Mind Spike in PvE at all. The only place it is useful (as of now in-game) is PvP. Unless Cata comes out with a whole bunch of school lockout, it will not be used on trash. Mind Flay is just as good imo and is a staple of Shadow's DPS. I don't like the orb idea, only because I don't want to have to look like a purple Shaman. Why not just give us a DPS cooldown instead of two more abilities that require ramp-up time?

Im really likeing the sound of Leap of Faith I mean about time we get something kool like that

The idea of making a Holy Priest a even more versatile healer sounds adorable! I can even better control heals!

But please do something with "Lightwell". Even replacing it with a "you get angel wings permanently on your back, but does not affect anything in-game" would be better than the actual ability...

I'm SO making a Gnome Priest, I hope they allow the Race Changes early, females gnomes are SO cute!!! ^-^

leap of faith seems to be adding alot of depth/skill to the class which is nice to see. lets hope it can be used in shadow form from the get-go. with good coordination it should boost your team mates survival alot and hopefully it will remove snares which isnt to much to ask for.

mind spikes sounds great, shadow priest damage output in terms of spells hasnt really changed since tbc so its good to see this addition. the spell sounds abit like "pain spikes" [ http://www.wowhead.com/spell=32026 ], a spell used by some shadow outlands/northrend mobs, pain spikes has the debuff effect of reducing maximum health which is gradually returned over time to the target like a hot, hopefully something like this could be talented

i like the idea of inner will although at this point inner fire seems far superior. im hopeing it can be talented to increase movement speed up to say 20% (from 12%) especially if its low down a tree and can be included in a shadow build with improve shadowform

*snared* --> aoe fear / horrify / tailoring net --> fade (whille inner will is up, run forest!)

or maybe we get a blazing speed talent that only procs when inner will is up, possibly having anoghter proc inspiration (10% damage reduction, 15 seconds) i live in hope [Everything i say comes from a pvp point of view]

15+ Year Old Account

I like the idea of the Life Grip.
    BUT..

I will only like it as long as other people don't go relying on it.
    I can see the streams of people complaining why we didn't use it to save them while they could've just moved their arses elsewhere instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestie
    Im really likeing the sound of Leap of Faith I mean about time we get something kool like that
    Well we have mind control Best spell ingame

i'm not really the jerk type, but as soon as i read life grip, myself and a few friends on vent instantly went to how it could be abused. between gripping the tank in a raid, to jumping off a cliff in AB, gripping a team mate, then levitating yourself. the harassment seems endless lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yowza
    I can't wait to jump off a cliff and bring a friend down with me.
    And cast levitate on yourself and float safely while you LOL at the poor sucker below.

OMG you morons do not see the potential for life grip? You know that phrase "I can't heal stupid?" Well now you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See that dumb hunter standing in the fire? Well now you yank him to where he needs to be. NEW MACRO TIME!!!!!!!!!

/cast Life Grip
    /yell GTFO THE FIIIIIIIRE

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton
    So blizz wants to get rid of talents that give passive increase in damage, so they give us these shadow orbs; which increase shadow damage done. Shadow weaving with a new graphic? I do like the new talents, but Im still hoping that they will be more refined for Cata.
    Just what shadow priests needed. MORE ramp up time. LOL