Thread: Life Grip

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Life Grip

Quote Originally Posted by jonish

compared to any other classes new additions that have been posted thus far priests are getting a giant shaft you know wear. I wont even begin to speculate yet but everyone so far has gotten new and amazing abilities we get a crappy shield , a nuke we didnt(needed a spammable instant cast or a long spell cast either would have been fine) and reverse death grip to grief your friends for shitzngiggles. AWESOME.
    Huh, and I would have said that we get an ability to actually get away from melee, an ability that we can use while locked out of Shadow that is also better for nuking down targets that die fast, and a completely new way to save players as a healer that no other class has access to.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Imagine if we had life grip right now for LK.. 3 priests, 3 valkyr targets.. ignore and wait till them drop them over the edge and BAM back on the platform <3

I really do hope they keep this spell in the game though, aside from the griefing (and there will be griefing "Oops Mr-Rogue-I-Don't-Like who happened to just pop all your CDs my finger slipped and I life gripped you 30 yrds from the boss.. sorry!") there are so many awesome ways you can benefit a raid with this tool not to mention all the fun you can have running back from wipes or trying to cap a flag first.

One of my favorite ideas is using LG to get the AFKers killed. I can't wait for the video of the priest who Life Grips an AFKer in AV across the map to his death
    Why do people with closed minds always have open mouths?

15+ Year Old Account

If (with a big if) this ever goes life I can see it going the way of Divine Hymn. Meaning being completely reworked some weeks after launch. If not before launch.

Leap of Faith is a completely wrong name for it anyway. Would have been MUCH cooler if Leap of Faith did the following:

"Lifegrip" yourself over to target ally, while Leaping you will automatically cast Binding Heal on the target.

So you're being molested (for the lack of a better word) by a rogue in arena. You partner is on the enemy healer at the moment. Lifegrip yourself over to him and out of the rogues attack range and heal yourself and your partner at the same time.

Or in PVE if you overlooked a voidzone under you because you were busy watching Grid, just lifegrip yourself over to some other healer/dps.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    If (with a big if) this ever goes life I can see it going the way of Divine Hymn. Meaning being completely reworked some weeks after launch. If not before launch.

Leap of Faith is a completely wrong name for it anyway. Would have been MUCH cooler if Leap of Faith did the following:

"Lifegrip" yourself over to target ally, while Leaping you will automatically cast Binding Heal on the target.

So you're being molested (for the lack of a better word) by a rogue in arena. You partner is on the enemy healer at the moment. Lifegrip yourself over to him and out of the rogues attack range and heal yourself and your partner at the same time.

Or in PVE if you overlooked a voidzone under you because you were busy watching Grid, just lifegrip yourself over to some other healer/dps.
    So you want to make it completely useless for the thing it was actually designed for, saving other players. I don't want Intervene on my Priest, cheers.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    So you want to make it completely useless for the thing it was actually designed for, saving other players. I don't want Intervene on my Priest, cheers.
    Yes, because we can already save other healers with Bubble+Instantheal. Or you know just heal them through shit. But when ourselfs are in danger and nobody helps us we can't do anything. Besides gripping a DPS to us, but that doesn't mean the enemy will suddenly target it and not us.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Weakened Soul means that we can't always save people, though. And PW:S isn't always going to be enough to save someone. I'm not sure what instant heal you are talking about, unless it's the Glyph for Power Word: Shield.

I'd rather spend 1 GCD to grip someone out of AoE than spend 5 seconds healing them up.

15+ Year Old Account

I'm not sure what instant heal you are talking about, unless it's the Glyph for Power Word: Shield.
    First Tick of Penance for Disc, Empowered Renew for Holy, plus the Heal from PWS Glyph if available, CoH if Holy, Holy Nova if in range. And of course, ProM.

10+ Year Old Account

Life Grip... The helpful spell, that will kill you for sure!
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne
    I need to see a web comic or something showing Leap of Faith with some outrageous, ridiculous spell effects. Make it look like Death Grip or something, but with the Shackle Undead color scheme. Have like a Priest and a Death Knight gripping the same person.

Come on, go go creativity! Let's see it!

This is the best thing ever. I'm going to piss so many people off in groups in cataclysm. =D
    I think Leap of Faith should state. It will balance out against DK's Death Grip in PVP tug of war and pull up idiots that fall off ledges.

Also, Leap of Faith, with Power Word: Barrier will make a Discipline Priest a player group's best friend.

I enjoy bailing other players out of the fire in PVP.

I don't think there will be many complaints in game to Leap of Faith because it will be very useful in helping people. This is not a push ability, it is a pull ability.

I play DPS and I WANT Priests to get Leap of Faith, because some raid bosses do a snare then major AOE, and Leap of Faith will help a lot with that.

For those who are worried about grief, like pulling someone while falling. Don't worry, they will just make Leap of Faith like Death Grip, you CANNOT use it while falling.

Didn't have time to read thru the last 5 pages but take sindragosa fight for an example were tanks are switching to reset the stacks, with LOF/LG you can pull the tank to you so he can reset stacks faster and save valuabe seconds, i get the feeling that there will be similar fights in cata, since blizzard like to re-use or merge boss mechanic from earlier encounters, and im pretty sure if ppl missuse it they will get kicked and ignored, imagine a priest use it on the next iceblock who runs away, grip it into the group and wipe them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshiro
    Life Grip... The helpful spell, that will kill you for sure!
    <image of win>
    I love you.

The pvp utility is obvious for getting someone out of trouble, the pve utility can be the same but has a very different arguement over its use.
    In PVP you often do not put yourself in harm, it is done for you.
    In PVE if someone is in a fire simply because they cannot move fast enough like everyone else, then it is not the job of the priest to get them out of it.
    For you will be expected to do it time and time again.
    Let them die and they will learn, save them and they will repeat it next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    First Tick of Penance for Disc, Empowered Renew for Holy, plus the Heal from PWS Glyph if available, CoH if Holy, Holy Nova if in range. And of course, ProM.
    First tick of Penance has a travel time (very fast, but still present), Penance has a cooldown.
    Empowered Renew is hardly a massive heal.
    PW:S Glyph heal is also not huge, and Weakened Soul means it can't always be used.
    Circle of Healing is one, also has a cooldown.
    Holy Nova has a very small range to be useful for this sort of thing unless you happen to be standing right outside of the AoE, and they are in it, and it's a small AoE.
    Prayer of Mending also has a cooldown and doesn't actually heal them until they get hit.

Also, every single one of these is useless if it's an AoE you need to get out of or die, like a Void Zone spawning, while Leap of Faith will save them. We do have some instant heals, but they all have cooldowns, drawbacks, small ranges or don't heal for a lot. This spell gives us another option, and makes our playstyle more dynamic.

I'd prefer to save all of those spells you mentioned for people who actually need heals, and not use them in a situation where I can instantly prevent the person from dying using another skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaze0zzy
    lmao I can see it now, running back from a wipe, a raid member is ahed of you, LIFE GRIP! nope now hes all the way back with you!
    Win!

Yes, there will be griefing, but it's no different than the shamans/dk's out there that like to put up waterwalking and make you go splat.

Every class has to have their own fun little ability to poke and prod at the other classes. =P If you have a priest that's abusing this ability in raids.. just don't bring them. Simple as that.

Based off my crit, my power word shield glyph crits up to 3500.
    It's not huge, but Id say thats a substantial amount.

Healing someone for 3500 just before they are instantly 1-shot by a Void Zone doesn't help too much. It won't be the best option in every situatuion but this spell gives us the ability to save people in a way that nobody else can.

Healing someone for 3500 just before they are instantly 1-shot by a Void Zone doesn't help too much. It won't be the best option in every situatuion but this spell gives us the ability to save people in a way that nobody else can.
    If they were instantly one shot nothing would save them.
    Because you have to realize after glyph of power word shield, power word shield is on them absorbing for 9k.

Quote Originally Posted by Revitalize
    If they were instantly one shot nothing would save them.
    Because you have to realize after glyph of power word shield, power word shield is on them absorbing for 9k.
    Pulling them out with Leap of Faith would.

You're assuming they didn't move out of sheer stupidity or some factor?

PvE-Use:
    Correct the Fails of others. If they have a chance to fail more because somebody can save their ass, they will do it.
    I don't like that. It's a motivation for others to not watch what they're doing.
    Or if you have very good people around you, you'll never use it.
    Even better - Heal range 40 yard , Life Grip Range 30 yard

PvP-Use:
    Rocket Jump [2 Min Cooldown, shares with Rocket Barrage] - Activates your rocket belt to jump forward.
    +
    Life Grip
    Nothing more to say than Goblins are good priests.

PvE-Useless when you're around good people (and i hope for you you are). Terrible if you have bad people, who will blame their fails on you if you don't save them.
    PvP-I don't care about that much. But i can imagine its uses.