Thread: Life Grip

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Life Grip

There are a lot of complains about a spell that nobody has tried. We don't know how useful it could be. Ftm seems an amazing spell for PvP, but we can only speculate about it's PvE utility.

Seems that every priest in this forum belong to a guild of machines where nobody make mistakes. My guild is just a guild of mortals, so even if Leap of Faith is only a "fail saver" it will be an excellent addition to my actionbar. 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen
    We will never see a boss abilitiy that you can completely ignore with one specific ability. I wrote that already. It will be to much greaving in random battlegrounds and random dungeons.
    But disabling it there for the people who don't abuse it is not the right either.Would only work for casters (if you don't grip them OOR). And i somehow have the image of melees being more the "stand in fire" people.
    You're fixated on one type of situation that, undoubtedly, someone other than the dps has messed up on. If there is a void zone underneath the melee, it is the tank's job to move the boss out far enough so that the melee dps does not get hurt. LG a melee is no way useful, yes, but that is not a reason why it should not be implemented.

im anxious to try this. death grip and life grip in dif directions at the same time xD
    OBSCURE REFERENCE - Zuluhed PVP -3 days a week.
    13/13 T11 HM. 7/7 T12 HM. 6/8 T13 HM
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kapes/advanced -Disc Priest Main.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Skape/advanced -SV Hunter Alt.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kaped/advanced -Fire Mage Alt

Quote Originally Posted by Zoros
    There are a lot of complains about a spell that nobody has tried. We don't know how useful it could be. Ftm seems an amazing spell for PvP, but we can only speculate about it's PvE utility.

Seems that every priest in this forum belong to a guild of machines where nobody make mistakes. My guild is just a guild of mortals, so even if Leap of Faith is only a "fail saver" it will be an excellent addition to my actionbar. 8)
    so true dude, and I bet there will be good uses for it too like on fights where you have to kite a boss, dodge an object that spawns and comes at you from short distance, repositioning etc etc
    Cemetary - Holy/Disc Priest | Quiteconfuzd - Arcane/Fire Mage | Torden - Feral Druid

LG is only as useless as the priest casting it, it is only as good as your raid leader is clever. For many people LG will never get used. But it is not LG's fault that you suck.

Yes, you suck. Or, I should say, you WILL suck. Many of the people saying it sucks will not be doing so this time next year, when someone's worked out per-encounter PvE usages for it, mainly to do with aiding kiters and the like.

To put my belief in perspective, I encountered someone on this very forum in the last week who described Demonic Circle as a broken, useless form of Blink. Some retards just won't ever learn, and the rest of us get our tactics second (or third) hand from Elitist Jerks.
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

Life Grip = Hilarious Griefing Engine

/thread

More on topic, I think the only major problem with it in regards to PvE is that some loser DPS might start to just think that it's the priests responsibility to get them out of fire or whatever.
    If you don't like it, go on the internet and complain.

I wish druids were getting something like this, atleast it could be explained with vines or something.
    Would love to have a "save the retard" button as others seem to call it, just gives raid leaders another reason to take me over them, and carrying people makes you feel awesome.

What's up with all these people saying it's gonna be a tool of a massive grieving extravaganza?
    blessing / hand of protection has been in the game since forever but I've yet to see someone complain about it.

aaaaaand it also has a cooldown. what was it, 45 seconds or something like that?

Yes, you can annoy people with it. You can also stop healing and let them die. Or annoy them a million other ways.

A spell in PvE that needs other too fail just is completely useless.
    Rebirth. Such a useless spell.

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore
    What's up with all these people saying it's gonna be a tool of a massive grieving extravaganza?
    blessing / hand of protection has been in the game since forever but I've yet to see someone complain about it.

aaaaaand it also has a cooldown. what was it, 45 seconds or something like that?

Yes, you can annoy people with it. You can also stop healing and let them die. Or annoy them a million other ways.
    yeah, but its not as much to just let someone die, to actually yank them around the room is much more entertaining.
    If you don't like it, go on the internet and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Skape
    im anxious to try this. death grip and life grip in dif directions at the same time xD

Because that is different than 2 dks gripping one person now?

Whoever pressed it last will get teh target.

I need to see a web comic or something showing Leap of Faith with some outrageous, ridiculous spell effects. Make it look like Death Grip or something, but with the Shackle Undead color scheme. Have like a Priest and a Death Knight gripping the same person.

Come on, go go creativity! Let's see it!
    Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    So you want to make it completely useless for the thing it was actually designed for, saving other players. I don't want Intervene on my Priest, cheers.
    I'd much prefer intervene over "friendgrip" any damn day of the week. it can save you from just as many situations as you would save someone else. As well as giving us something we are dastrically lacking right now in arena , an escape tool. Solves both problems.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

if theres no cooldown on this ability, im picking a raid member and hes staying next to me the whole time..

MWA HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! ;D
    This signature has been removed due to a violation of the Signatures + Avatars guidelines.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Don't understand why people are so bothered about this move, I give it a month then it'll get nerfed and rendered useless.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Boozah
    Don't understand why people are so bothered about this move, I give it a month then it'll get nerfed and rendered useless.
    The way of the Divine Hymn.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Boozah
    Why would that be? Because it's overpowered for some reason? Because there is too much chance for grieving?
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna
    Why would that be? Because it's overpowered for some reason? Because there is too much chance for grieving?
    Because to many people will QQ about it in PvP or blizzard will be sick of the "dat guy gripped me into da fire n I wiped raid lol" tickets.

I forsee Life Grip giving a "weakened soul" type of debuff, even if a really short one. May share a cd with Death Grip, may not.

I can see this happening...