Thread: Life Grip

Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Life Grip

I need to see a web comic or something showing Leap of Faith with some outrageous, ridiculous spell effects. Make it look like Death Grip or something, but with the Shackle Undead color scheme. Have like a Priest and a Death Knight gripping the same person.

Come on, go go creativity! Let's see it!

This is the best thing ever. I'm going to piss so many people off in groups in cataclysm. =D
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Re: Life Grip

I wonder if you stretch somebody when you use both types of grips in seperate directions...

we are already busy healing stupid dps who stand in random color(well i mostly /care and let them die but still) now we have to move them also?

GJ Blizzard make the dps classes more faceroll pls

Am I the only one thinking about pulling an AFK raidmember into a fire and then run out of it myself ?
    and what if i was standing near a cliff and jumped over and while i do the jump i cast Leap of Faith on an ally and then give myself levitate? would that work? lol the possibilities
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Quit trying to use logic in a video game that mails you dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrixstorm
    I wonder if you stretch somebody when you use both types of grips in seperate directions...
    It should be an instant kill with the Corpse Explosion effect. >:3

Quote Originally Posted by romslayer
    we are already busy healing stupid dps who stand in random color(well i mostly /care and let them die but still) now we have to move them also?

No one is *making* you use it..hell I'll probably end up using it to pull people *into* the fires/void zones/oozes/whatever else.

But then again I *am* pretty evil...mwhahahahahahahahaa

10+ Year Old Account

Anyone else see this as a massive avenue for griefing? There's enough morons in pugs already bubbling tanks or charging mobs to try and wipe a group - but I don't want moronic priests Lifegripping me into voidholes/whirlwinds/cleaves/off cliffs while pain suppressed/levitating as well =/

Edit: above kinda beat me to the punch.
    Undefined animosity is a device of the spineless, the means of a fool.

i can see life grip abuse in bgs, u know just running around gripping people just to piss them off.

This. 1000 times over.

This spell is basically a grief tool or a "Go ahead and be a retard, I have to save you" spell. Yes, it's nice in PvP, but that's about it. For PvE, it's nothing but a Save the Retard button.

It's your choice to use such a skill, and it would be skilled of you to use it tactically, ex. people out of flooded aoe areas, or on a person that's very close to an add they have aggro on.

I play a dk main currently, and I help tanks out by death gripping and strangulating mobs to bring them to him/her. It doesn't make tanking faceroll, it just gives my class more raid viability.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne
    Have like a Priest and a Death Knight gripping the same person.
    One targets friendly, the other unfriendly, so not going to happen by design. Though it may happen in BG's / arena by coincidental timing.

What I'm interested to see is if it works on hostile characters / mobs that are being MC'd by another priest. Also, how about on rooted characters (example scenario, could you pull a character rooted by putricide's green slime to give dps a little more time? How about pulling the tank from a mass of angry melee mobs if he's on the verge of dying to give other healers a second or two to prop him back up in health before the mobs catch back up to him?

I'm betting that even if it doesn't in alpha / early beta, by the time it goes live (if it makes it) it will have some nominal cast time (even if it's just 0.5 seconds) to prevent it from being abused while levitating.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

10 man priest WSG flag chain pull go!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emage
    10 man priest WSG flag chain pull go!!
    I just got what Falric is talking about in HoR.
    Men, women and children... None were spared the master's wrath.
    Despair... so delicious...
    Fear... so exhilarating...
    Clearly, he was referring to the cataclysm class previews.

lmao I can see it now, running back from a wipe, a raid member is ahed of you, LIFE GRIP! nope now hes all the way back with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaze0zzy
    lmao I can see it now, running back from a wipe, a raid member is ahed of you, LIFE GRIP! nope now hes all the way back with you!
    You just sold me for cataclysm. Corpse runs is goung to be fun!
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

As someone who plays pretty much every priest spec on and off (but mainly PvE Holy/Disc) I'm not really that excited about these changes. Still early days though far too early for any qq from anyone.
    Cemetary - Holy/Disc Priest | Quiteconfuzd - Arcane/Fire Mage | Torden - Feral Druid

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaze0zzy
    Nownow, imagine body and soul or engineer boots or both!
    CPU: I7 920 Ram: 6 GB Corsair Dominator GT
    GFX: GTX 295 MB: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
    HD: 40 GB Intel SSD & 1 TB Caviar Black
    Others: Chip PS2 - PS3 Slim - Xbox 360 Slim - Wii - PSP 2000

Stop derailing. I want my silly art!
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

I found new utility to the spell!

Quote Originally Posted by Appelcalypse
    I found new utility to the spell!
    Imba paint skills.
    Ardoric Sollis Ardodeath. Proud pet collector

Ardoric <Undergeared> Raiding in blues 'cause gear is overrated (8/12 ICC 10 | 3/4 RS 10)

Quote Originally Posted by ardoRic
    You argue that you need gear to compensate stupidity, I argue that you shouldn't take stupid to your raids.