Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Life Grip

Quote Originally Posted by Emage
    10 man priest WSG flag chain pull go!!
    OH

MY

GOD!!!

that combined with goblin priests using their big jump would be like 50 yards in 2 seconds =O
    Flag capture in 10 secs gogo
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586
    OH NOES !!!!! CASUALS GOT ALMOST THE SAME GEAR AS ME !!!!!! MY GEAR DOESN'T INCREASE THE SIZE OF MY PENIS ANYMORE !!!!! QQQQQQ

I'm so glad i lvled a priest recently.
    This spell is bringing the DG QQ back. I'm so happy.

Wait. The enemy team can chain death grip you in wsg to help you win cant they?
    I wonder if there's any video about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

Deleted

Looks like i can finally grief people like when you could kill people on the water in utgarde keep.

You probably cant use it midair, but at least you can draw people with you into certain death.

1 very cool use of the spell is to grip a warlock into 5 elites, you fade thereby getting -aggro so he will be the target of choice.

inc QQ from warlock gg-

OR! you can grip people into very high places, from what i know you can grip people as long you stand on solid ground for sure even if they are midair.

Imagine pulling people onto a tall place and just levitate yourself down?

I will probably mostly use this spell on cowards in battlegrounds

the paladin doesnt wanna heal you? or the warrior doesnt wanna peel the rogue of you? Grip them there and force them into the fight.

and of course theres the mentioned WSG pulling. 3 priests should be able to do alot just there.

1 takes flag, 1 pulls to a high ground. they run, if problems the third is infront gripping, the 1st priest got his grip ready now also.

THIS IS THE DIRECT COUNTER to deathgrips, which will be hilarius in PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400
    This. 1000 times over.

This spell is basically a grief tool or a "Go ahead and be a retard, I have to save you" spell. Yes, it's nice in PvP, but that's about it. For PvE, it's nothing but a Save the Retard button.
    Quicker way to get someone to a black hole.

Quicker way to get a melee ontop of Marrowgar's ass.

A way for a dps {say..warrior} to get an extra 6 seconds on Prince Malchazar.

ETC ETC ETC This spell has SOOO Many great uses, it's mind boggling! I'm looking so forward to it! Tank get knocked back? LIFE GRIP! DPS get shacked in a fire? LIFE GRIP! partner getting focused in arena? LIFE GRIP! Flag carrier getting killed in the pit while you're healing from the roof? LIFE GRIP!

I swear wows community would complain about a buff coming to their class.

edit: I r ennable 2 splel. Yya I!

15+ Year Old Account

Is this where we start thinking of witty things to put in our Life Grip macros?

They have one of those, Yoshimiko. It's called spec'ing into Body and Soul, which still requires the other player to do their part. PvP is great, I just don't want to have to carry people in PvE because I "failed at Priest" when they should be running just like everyone else.

Edit: Ethos? Yes.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by romslayer
    we are already busy healing stupid dps who stand in random color(well i mostly /care and let them die but still) now we have to move them also?

GJ Blizzard make the dps classes more faceroll pls
    This spell was created for pvp purposes... and wtf is your problem, you get an overpowered spell and you qq about dps getting easier?

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    Boub and Deathwing have never been seen in the same room together. Jus sayin.

Imagine your friend is riding on his hog and your dismounted.

LIFE GRIP! and you enter it

this is gonna be so funzies

edit; I'm totally gonna level my currently Holy Priest to a shadow in catac and amuse me with this spell when I don't have to dps :>>>>
    Conquered and claimed the epic Chex thread and turned into a lolkitty and failpicture thread making it produce more then 10 pages every minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    They have one of those, Yoshimiko. It's called spec'ing into Body and Soul, which still requires the other player to do their part. PvP is great, I just don't want to have to carry people in PvE because I "failed at Priest" when they should be running just like everyone else.

Edit: Ethos? Yes.
    That's like saying Sprint is like Death grip! YAY!

/no. Also body and soul is in the Holy tree. I fricken hate holy. Body and soul lets you move during stuns/sleeps/random enemy cc? Body and soul instantly transports you 30 yards away from where you're currently standing?

You miss the point of Min Maxxing. That 6 more seconds that that 13k dps MAge got to UNLOAD on Marrowgar solely because he didn't have to run into place, and could be life gripped instead, is almost 80k damage solely because of this spell. This happening 6 times over the course of the fight is a 470k damage increase SOLELY due to the priests Life Grip. How is this anywhere near as big of an upgrade as Body & Soul?

Think of the possibilities rather then being so quick to tear down a very interesting new ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko
    Think of the possibilities rather then being so quick to tear down a very interesting new ability.
    I do. Unfortunately, I also have a habit of playing with mages/rogues who think exactly like that. And then they lag and Iceblock screws up. Or Cloak breaks as usual (name a fight it actually works on), and they take it out on everyone else when they die because rather than dealing with boss mechanics the way the game was meant to, they use PvP tools to try and ignore them.

Yes, it increases rDPS. It also breeds bigger pricks arguing about e-peen "oh well you got to stand there, stfu", as well as catering your raid around individuals instead of the raid as a whole.

Edit: And tell your mage, after he's had this usual treatment every fight for a week, when the Priest takes a night off and he's dying every fight. It is a learned behavior, one that's picked up far too easily.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account

If it works like Deathgrip, then:

a) It will have no effect on rooted targets
    b) It will work on snared targets
    c) It will not work if you are airborne (unsure about "hovering" while levitating)
    d) It will save someone from taking fall damage if you pull them down to you while they fall (discounting latency issues)
    e) You'll have a few weeks of "LIFE GRIP LOLOLOL" before people get over it
    f) It will be cried about until the end of time
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Appelcalypse
    I found new utility to the spell!

You win my thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    I do. Unfortunately, I also have a habit of playing with mages/rogues who think exactly like that. And then they lag and Iceblock screws up. Or Cloak breaks as usual (name a fight it actually works on), and they take it out on everyone else when they die because rather than dealing with boss mechanics the way the game was meant to, they use PvP tools to try and ignore them.

Yes, it increases rDPS. It also breeds bigger pricks arguing about e-peen "oh well you got to stand there, stfu", as well as catering your raid around individuals instead of the raid as a whole.

Edit: And tell your mage, after he's had this usual treatment every fight for a week, when the Priest takes a night off and he's dying every fight. It is a learned behavior, one that's picked up far too easily.
    Don't play with pugs? We have a rogue who regularly vanishes Marks from saurfang, and teargas from PP, He vanishes like a pro, and cloaks with great timing. A bit of practice is all you need, and if your rogues won't put that in, Find new rogues. On my mage I play arcane w/ instant invis just for Saurfang. It doesn't take much timing to get invising/vanishing/cloaking abilities down. IF they won't put that much effort in, then tell em to not expect a boost in dps from you.

That said, I'm still looking forward to this awesome new ability, I'm just worried about the limitations of it.

10+ Year Old Account

Personally I think it's rather off-putting. I mean, come on. Priests are busy healing. If someone stands in the fire that they're not supposed to be standing in?

Let them burn, baby!

Am I the Only one Imagining 4-5 Priests Gripping a Tank in a Square while the Boss runs after him?

^^ But yea, the Spell sounds like a lot of Fun. But we need to wait at least until Beta to see what it can actually do.

I see fishing...

You have your bait in the center of Nagrand arena. As soon as something bites, REEL EM IN!

For the people who rack down on this ability, saying it will make it easier for dps, how is that even a downside?
    Think bosses like LK 25HM. Say you're one of the guilds who are making serious progress on him. Are you going to let the dps die because he's playing "too easily"? Even in pugs, doing marrowgar or shit like that, do you want to wipe since a dps died and you didn't help him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamiel View Post
    Simple question what healer gives you personally the biggest headache in pvp?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobajobjob View Post
    I play a ret paladin, so my answer is this:

Yes.

10+ Year Old Account

it is actually very useful in both pvp and pve....a deathknight grips the mage and you grip him back or as shadow if they try to grip your healer in order to nuke him you grip him and save him :P

Maybe in pve you will be able to move stunned/ feared people out of the fire?

sounds really fun with a lot of possibilities

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by BOBL1N
    Personally I think it's rather off-putting. I mean, come on. Priests are busy healing. If someone stands in the fire that they're not supposed to be standing in?

Let them burn, baby!
    not all priests are holy 0o

/cast Life Grip
    /y COME HERE FOR A CUDDLE

lols ensue for about a minute then it gets boring.
    LOL, look at this angry kid go. Sounds like someone is bleeding from the vagina today. I don't know what I said to piss you off like this, kid, but I do know you must have TONS of friends and a healthy social life with that personality!-(Sindershock)
    The hardcore players are happy with the difficulty (with the exception of Buzzkill, who seems to enjoy complaining)
    Plagued Proto-Drakes suddenly become "Slightly Infected Chicken Drakes", or "Last Nights Takeaway Drakes".chronalis
    `Trolls need locks, wtf. It only fucking makes the most sense.`