Thread: Life Grip

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Life Grip

Half of the posts about Life Grip find it "cool" because it's gonna bring laughs. When thinking about its actual usefulness, I'm finding very few PVE situations where I would actually want or be able to use it. Even if I wanted to save a slacker dps standing foolishly in the fire (which I don't) I'd have to know exactly where everybody is standing around in the area and they are taking damage from "something" in their location. That would be almost impossible when having to watch 25 health bars and do all the other actions a fight demands (keeping myself out of the fire, avoid incoming projectiles and the like etc). We'd have to be gods to have that awareness. Unless that person stands out for some reason (think of a chaotic fight with 25 persons jumping around) I'd never use that ability.
    On the other scenario where everybody has practiced and is doing their job/positions well most of the time, guess what, I'd never use that ability.
    Therefore a big NO from me.
    The only interesting thing in that preview text for me as a holy priest is chakra. The rest is just meh.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

> like some one else said cant remember who tho. I cant belive they actualy made a spell more anoying then deathgrip! i dont wanna be randomly dragged around in bgs by priests who/who's friend want KB's for achis etc... i guess more wasted charges/intercepts due to another grip kinda of thing.
    Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was... a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not-one-bit. So - me watching - he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it! Turns to me, and he says, "why so serious, son?" Comes at me with the knife... "Why so serious?" He sticks the blade in my mouth... "Let's put a smile on that face!

Quote Originally Posted by Kronoz
    > like some one else said cant remember who tho. I cant belive they actualy made a spell more anoying then deathgrip! i dont wanna be randomly dragged around in bgs by priests who/who's friend want KB's for achis etc... i guess more wasted charges/intercepts due to another grip kinda of thing.
    If you end up in rated bgs where the priests like to lifegrip just to mess with people, then you're prolly playing in the kind of bracket that is the current 1600-1800's in arena now.

Well, i haven't really had the chance to see how good Body and Soul actually works in PVE yet, because most of the priests i know prefer an instant flash heal over this, what i like to call "amazing ability" But thx to this new ability, those guys won't really have the excuse like "i can't use it". Also expecting a priest to make the full use of these 2 abilitys will be a bit harsh for them. Considering the massive amount of raid dmg in most of the icc fights, and the massive amount of other spells that they can actually use. IMO priests are getting to much to choose between, compared to the other 3-5spells healing classes. They'd have to be heads up pro multitaskers, if they'd have to keep raid healing in check, and focus on supporting mobility. Unless they were pro PVPers, this is simply to much to expect from this lovely class ;D

10+ Year Old Account

I once dueled a warrior in the 2nd draenei zone (bloodmyst), and we used charge at the same time, we basically whent charging to each others spots, unfortunately for me, i charged right in front of the elite blood elf pat while i was stunned from the charge impact.. Fun times though, fun times.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

this grip is more about tanks.

sindragosa - tank swich faster for pally who cant charge
    hc saurfang - can pull caster away who has aggro
    rotface - pulling tank further away big ooze
    princes - pulling ranged tank away from shit.

in cataclysm thee will be 99999more uses.
    Amberkintribe Yogg+0 kill 10man.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuQ1_SjRxaA

I am honestly quite interested in how it will work out. It's also more interesting than simply giving us a new heal, requires situational awareness, and I can see it saving lives. I'm not really getting the whole "It's not my job to move people from fires" thing though. When I am healing, it's my job to keep people alive. This spell gives me another way to do that.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Emage
    10 man priest WSG flag chain pull go!!
    Would most likely be like Hand of Protection, either making the FC drop the flag or being unable to cast it.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm really looking forward for this spell. First of all, it sounds fun to use. (I like Death Grip too, it's just an epic concept).

Secondly, it could have some uses. Both to save lives and annoy people. I'd imagine I could grip a tank back after he's got feared away, or pull an overenthusiastic DPS back like "oh no, you're not gonna go there". xD

Sounds fun, priests could use a fun spell, most of the current spells are a tad boring (graphically mainly).

I am happy with the move and i do not even play a priest. Pay back to the dk :P Grab my ass? I grab yours back! & I agree with someone who said if someone pulls a group and tries to run away, just grab their asses back into the group (: Hopefully they make it connect with levitate so you cant cast the grip move on somebody if levitate is cast on you and vise versa (:

"Invalid Target, target has no life"

lololol

Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by romslayer
    we are already busy healing stupid dps who stand in random color(well i mostly /care and let them die but still) now we have to move them also?

GJ Blizzard make the dps classes more faceroll pls
    PVP. Wonder if it will be able to work during stuns, lets say your partner got a rogue and ret pala ready to roflstomp your partner, ret wings up and BAM you use your Life grip grabs your partner and they are left standing their looking stupid. Awesome.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

15+ Year Old Account

Damn, reading all the nice changes of all classes makes me wanna play them all as my main! :'(

Priests: Life grip
    Warlocks: Green fire omfg!
    Shamans: Earthquake AND Healing Rain

Feels like cataclysm will be the *play all classes because they're all awesome* expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Naliiz
    Damn, reading all the nice changes of all classes makes me wanna play them all as my main! :'(

Priests: Life grip
    Warlocks: Green fire omfg!
    Shamans: Earthquake AND Healing Rain

Feels like cataclysm will be the *play all classes because they're all awesome* expansion.
    I'm happy to be an altoholic, going to check everything out

Maybe it works with targets in Slag Pot (Ignis), Web Wrap (Maexxna) or similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelevandros
    Half of the posts about Life Grip find it "cool" because it's gonna bring laughs. When thinking about its actual usefulness, I'm finding very few PVE situations where I would actually want or be able to use it. Even if I wanted to save a slacker dps standing foolishly in the fire (which I don't) I'd have to know exactly where everybody is standing around in the area and they are taking damage from "something" in their location. That would be almost impossible when having to watch 25 health bars and do all the other actions a fight demands (keeping myself out of the fire, avoid incoming projectiles and the like etc). We'd have to be gods to have that awareness. Unless that person stands out for some reason (think of a chaotic fight with 25 persons jumping around) I'd never use that ability.
    On the other scenario where everybody has practiced and is doing their job/positions well most of the time, guess what, I'd never use that ability.
    Therefore a big NO from me.
    The only interesting thing in that preview text for me as a holy priest is chakra. The rest is just meh.
    There are people atm who are in love with body and soul, and its a similar concept. It just requries a bit of spatial awareness. Don't be so quick to bash a spell that is limited by your imagination because you can't think of anything.
    I could've prevented a wipe on Sindragosa yesterday because a beaconed member in p2 disconnected. Had I been able to sprint to his spot with body and soul and life grip him to myself (B&S would help make up for lost reaction time), wipe averted at the cost for 1 extra tomb.
    On Rotface I always bubble people who get injected so they can get to the big ooze faster. However if they have to run through the green shit on the floor to the big ooze there's a chance that they die to the heavy aoe. Not if I can life grip them back!
    Idiot on PP that is gonna get caught by the orange add and they have weakened soul? np! Life grip!
    BQL10man, you're healing with 2 people and can't afford to run, but you got the brain link thing, np just grip them to you!
    OMGWTF DEFILE, np life grip!
    Enraged blood beast coming for that mages soul? NP LIFE GRIP

If you tunnel Grid/whatever less and take a look around, many of the uses for B&S will reveal themselves to you. Similarly, many of these uses apply to Life Grip but they require 0 effort from the grip-ee as kelesti said above. A very specific example where B&S can't really help even if they don't have weakened soul is saurfang hc because your movement speed gets reduced by 80%. +60% sprint doesn't really help there

I don't like this, running heroics as tank and some nab priest start gripping me so mobs go rampant on mindless dpsers.

Though I may level a priest just to pull warriors who just used their charge/intercept on a mage or something so they get fucked hahahaha
    Jump off cliffs life grip people and then levitate while they fall to their death bwahahahah
    Life gripping people who are tryin to cap flags just to piss them off haahhahaah
    Life gripping dks that just used death grip on sum1 hehehehehe

ohhh so many fun uses
    STFU and kill shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Parasha
    this grip is more about tanks.

sindragosa - tank swich faster for pally who cant charge
    hc saurfang - can pull caster away who has aggro
    rotface - pulling tank further away big ooze
    princes - pulling ranged tank away from shit.

in cataclysm thee will be 99999more uses.
    Or used on the person you get linked with on Blood-Queen.
    It might also be fun on the gunship battle, used when people are jumping over.

Wonder if it'll be any good for wall-walkers, dragging people up to the places they've found.

Quote Originally Posted by Daljo
    Would most likely be like Hand of Protection, either making the FC drop the flag or being unable to cast it.
    Nah, it'll probably be doable... its just another thing like a warlocks summoning portal.. shouldn't make the person drop the flag, and besides, its no different than 3-4 rogues getting together and chain sprinting the flag.

Deleted

They only announced new spells for 3 classes and i already imagine how freaking fun will BGs be ;D ;D ;D