Thread: Life Grip

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Life Grip

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaze0zzy
    lmao I can see it now, running back from a wipe, a raid member is ahed of you, LIFE GRIP! nope now hes all the way back with you!
    or even the people trying to run to avoid the wipe and save repairs....

life grip! have a repair bill! haha
    Quote Originally Posted by zahoan
    about what class to play, i see players here are giving advices:
    mage - i donno how it's high lvl but my mage of lvl 30 is with a lot of downtime for mana(mages are like irish warriors, drink fight and drink and fight)

Not going to be implanted, why? Because kids will be able to cause too much shit in both raids and Battlegrounds, specially in Battlegrounds as you can't just "kick" that Priest.

Im at lumbed mill minding my own business with my DK friend.... next think BOOMKIN WHA TYPHOON M8 GOES FLYPING AND DEATHGRIPS DRUID!! i use Leap of faith.... we both /wave.

Or this is my fav... bging... group of opposite faction run at you and the warrior u was planning on healing turns tail and and and your like "dont think so leaving me here to die u bitch! PROTECT ME FOO *LEAP OF FAITH*"

For pve utility... *OMFG GET THE FUCK OUTA THE FIRE U IDIOT *leap of faith*

Quote Originally Posted by Kelevandros
    Half of the posts about Life Grip find it "cool" because it's gonna bring laughs. When thinking about its actual usefulness, I'm finding very few PVE situations where I would actually want or be able to use it.
    I think it might be useful for abilities like http://www.wowhead.com/spell=62662. Our warrior tank was getting creamed by this guy and so we started kiting him using intervene to a hunter when he empowered. Just a thought...

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Boozah
    Because to many people will QQ about it in PvP or blizzard will be sick of the "dat guy gripped me into da fire n I wiped raid lol" tickets.
    Just like people are constantly QQ'ing about Hunters Misdirecting healer or DPS, or Rogues doing the same with Tricks of the Trade. Most classes have ways the mess up other people.
    In most cases priests will have a few weeks of fun, then it stops being funny and we'll start think of usefull ways of using it.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna
    Just like people are constantly QQ'ing about Hunters Misdirecting healer or DPS, or Rogues doing the same with Tricks of the Trade. Most classes have ways the mess up other people.
    In most cases priests will have a few weeks of fun, then it stops being funny and we'll start think of usefull ways of using it.
    Too true, like path of frost and water walking on the Anub'Arak fall down in ToTC. Just got old after a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoknjoe
    I think it might be useful for abilities like http://www.wowhead.com/spell=62662. Our warrior tank was getting creamed by this guy and so we started kiting him using intervene to a hunter when he empowered. Just a thought...
    Knowing encounters works too. It has a 3 second cast. All you have to do is start running when he starts casting. If you have to run through him, you've already failed at positioning.

Honestly, I think they will remove the ability before Cataclysm reaches the shelves.

Like the previous posts say; "It will most likely be abused more then used intelligently"

Quote Originally Posted by Renowned View Post
    Oh, and I used to get turned on by well executed CC in dungeons, before 4.2.

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I cant but drool on the endless possibilities of this skill... for now im renaming my priest Greedygrab and yes its gonna be a goblin female
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    The reason the smart people are miserable because their head hurts so much from facepalming at all the stupid people, its so simple.

Hmmmm.

Tee Hee
    Thanks Drael

Marcus Human Warrior
    Tyran Human Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Lamiae
    Hmmmm.

Tee Hee
    It think that could be more bloody rather than just a spine.

But sir, you made my day

Quote Originally Posted by Lightdealer
    Am I the only one thinking about pulling an AFK raidmember into a fire and then run out of it myself ?
    and what if i was standing near a cliff and jumped over and while i do the jump i cast Leap of Faith on an ally and then give myself levitate? would that work? lol the possibilities
    Heh i was thinking the last thing myself

Quote Originally Posted by Apples8pie
    Honestly, I think they will remove the ability before Cataclysm reaches the shelves.

Like the previous posts say; "It will most likely be abused more then used intelligently"
    If that would be the case, then a lot of other abilities would have been removed before they went live too. MD and ToT are a couple that comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    If that would be the case, then a lot of other abilities would have been removed before they went live too. MD and ToT are a couple that comes to mind.
    I agree, if they are removing LoF then they better remove all other abililties that mess with other players, MD/tott/typhoon/MC etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie
    I agree, if they are removing LoF then they better remove all other abililties that mess with other players, MD/tott/typhoon/MC etc.
    Those Spells don't mess with others player with such an amount as lifegrip does.
    MD/ToTT are countered so easy, be it by a tank, fade, vanish, invis.... even bubble and tank taunt. Or if you have good reflexes a rightclick on the buff or even better a cancel aura macro would take care of it.

MC is countered by a 3 sec cast time... And mentioning Typhoon is kind of pointless too. Because those to only affect your enemy, not allies.

Lifegrip messes with your allies movement (and the control of their own character). There should never be an ability that let you control the movement of friendly characters.
    They can't do anything about being affected by lifegrip. They just have to live with it, being not able to control their character. At least for me, already the possibilty to control the movement of allied (partied) players has no place in an MMO. It's not to be decided by another player where your own character stands, even if he/she's standing in the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen
    Those Spells don't mess with others player with such an amount as lifegrip does.
    MD/ToTT are countered so easy, be it by a tank, fade, vanish, invis.... even bubble and tank taunt. Or if you have good reflexes a rightclick on the buff or even better a cancel aura macro would take care of it.

MC is countered by a 3 sec cast time... And mentioning Typhoon is kind of pointless too. Because those to only affect your enemy, not allies.

Lifegrip messes with your allies movement (and the control of their own character). There should never be an ability that let you control the movement of friendly characters.
    They can't do anything about being affected by lifegrip. They just have to live with it, being not able to control their character. At least for me, already the possibilty to control the movement of allied (partied) players has no place in an MMO. It's not to be decided by another player where your own character stands, even if he/she's standing in the fire.
    You fear the fact that you lose control of your character for less than a second. That same fear can't, nor is it, shared with everyone, thus will not be one of the reasons why it was removed, if it even does get removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen

how do classes who dont have Vanish like abilities survive against a rogue/hunter MD the boss or trash mob on them? you dont think getting killed by a trash mob cause the hunter wanted some fun is messing with their char? i beg your pardon but the repair bill says otherwise

Also "do you want to die?" when LG can easily save you and the raid from a wipe?, its no fun waisting rebirth on a dps that died because he didn't want to move than save it for a healer or tank

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie
    how do classes who dont have Vanish like abilities survive against a rogue/hunter MD the boss or trash mob on them? you dont think getting killed by a trash mob cause the hunter wanted some fun is messing with their char? i beg your pardon but the repair bill says otherwise

Also "do you want to die?" when LG can easily save you and the raid from a wipe?, its no fun waisting rebirth on a dps that died because he didn't want to move than save it for a healer or tank
    Solution: don't group with assholes.

Problem with life grip: usable in BGs, where "don't group with assholes" isn't necessarily an option. There aren't any mobs to have misdirected to me in BGs, but lifegrip can still be abused there.

Life grip, the next level of lazyness

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrixstorm
    I wonder if you stretch somebody when you use both types of grips in seperate directions...

this.