Thread: "Chakra"

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

"Chakra"

It sounds like its going to need some fine tuning. The first example that pops into my head is that I don't generally cast PoH 3 times in a row, and that would just give us a bonus if we were cast PoH even more after that.

Really cool concept though.

Re: "Chakra"

Casting Prayer three times in a row (heavy damage aura fights, anyone?) would increase your multi-target healing capabilities. Circle, Hymn, Mending, and Binding (all the little things on Divine Providence) would be bumped up, from my guess. And you'd only really activate that particular aspect while needing that particular aspect in a fight, regardless.

Renew's I can see having a high uptime, and depending on the content, Heal's shouldn't be that hard to maintain either.

The real question is: How hard has Xel been fapping since they said "Even smite"?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Well, Holy Fire Chakra inc.?

I think this could play out to be a really cool concept but it will probably seriously fuck up every bar mod out there for the first few weeks, considering Blizzard said that your UI will change when you change your Chakra. I'm looking forward to testing this
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

The UI change will likely just be cosmetic no? I mean maybe even your character model would start changing or something. I mean we all know if the game were realistic our priests would just start oozing bright colors of win because of the awesome we're made of.

If the corners of our screen started to flash colors or something when we entered some "renew trance" state it would just serve as a visual indicator so we wouldn't have to make a power aura for it, no?

That's what I understood at least

I'm not sure if it would change your stance. I imagine it would be more like a Serendipidy that isn't consumed, it just stays on your character until you break "form" by casting an off-form heal.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I assume the graphical change will be cosmetic, like a yellow glow à la Holy Form. Basically you'd just get a buff after casting those 3 spells in a row, and I doubt you'd lose the buff if you cast another spell just once. You'd probably have to cast another spell 3 times in a row again to change the form.

15+ Year Old Account

If you need to be a tank healer, cast three single target heals and your single-target healing is now better. Cast three area heals, and you can be a temporarily specialized group healer.
    I took it more to mean non specific aoe or single target heals would ramp up the Chakra. For example, Prayer of Healing followed by Circle of Healing and Holy Nova, etc. Casting Flash Heal twice then Greater Heal would activate Chakra as well.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    I'm not sure if it would change your stance. I imagine it would be more like a Serendipidy that isn't consumed, it just stays on your character until you break "form" by casting an off-form heal three times in a row.
    Fixed. As far as I understood it your "Chakra" will only change if the underlined, bold, part happens.

"Priest used Flash Heal!"
    "What's this? Priest is evolving!"
    "Priest evolved into Flash Healer Priest!"
    DEAL WITH IT.

Maby its like Naruto where the priest will transform into a 9 tailed fox.....

Could work with Mana Burn...

I really seriously absolutely love this idea and the shadow orb idea. I cant wait to see what they are going to do with it all. I hope beta does in fact start this month (though I seriously doubt it will) >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Zoros
    Could work with Mana Burn...
    A mana burn chakra ability could totally turn around holy pvp viability, especially with B&S and the emphisis on rated BG's

"Chakra"...

Naruto, anyone?
    Goozelina The Light of Dawn, Spaced Invaders.
    Twisting Nether EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysdexic
    The first example that pops into my head is

Image removed
    fixt

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez
    fixt
    Yeah, let's not go there please. Image removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanter
    "Chakra"...

Naruto, anyone?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chakra

Chakra has origins and references that are FAAAAAAAAR beyond naruto.

Given that it's a Hindu term, this is also a nice shift for the priest class towards being a general priest of all religion and not a priest loaded (almost) entirely with Christian references. It complements the global perspective that Blizzard claimed they had and claimed was the reason they released the priest info late at night.

Deleted

The UI feature to display it will most likely be like what rogue's combo points or death knight's runes are - you get some specific icon or text telling you what Chakra you are in (in before naturo fan-fest)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by frag971
    The UI feature to display it will most likely be like what rogue's combo points or death knight's runes are - you get some specific icon or text telling you what Chakra you are in (in before naturo fan-fest)
    Let me make that clear again before it happens:

Any Naruto images or similiar things will get you banned.