Some thoughts on lock spells and demons

So we will still have same permanent demons, infernal and doomguard might become guardians. Perhaps some new guardian demon and new demon skins.

How about this system:

You can break contract(bond) with your permanent demon. This will be in pet options like dismiss, break bond, cancel. Only 1 demon at time. Go find a demon model u like.
    Enslave spell no longer temporary enslaves demons, but instead that demon will be perma enslaved and will replace ur missing demon.

How this works?
    Say u dont like ur model fo VW anymore, so u use option break bond. Now u dont have VW atm. Now go to outland find that VW with nice looking shoulders and use enslave spell on him. Now u have VW with same abilities as before but with new model!

This way demons skins will have more variety and each warlock can be unique. Ofc new demon is just new skin all abilities are same.

As for guardian demons and new demon they consider but dont know what to do I propose this:

Guardian demons all share same CD. Lets say 5min. So u cant spam them, and they all have distinct roles.

Considering what warlock need I think there is space for (new demon) and that is some sort of defensive demon both for pvp and pve situations.
    This demon has spells that make him temporary shield and/or lets say it gives HP to warlock or something among those lines and/or will die instead of warlock.
    Usage for him are simple, in PVP this will save u from burst/death or in PVE this demon can give u just enough time to kill that mob/boss.

Infernal is demon for some aoe dmg on demand. Say there is add phase or u just want to farm lots of mobs or do some aoe dmg in BG.

Doomguard is demon for single target use. Single target dmg and single target debuff (cripple). I think its uses are obvious.

Hope u like my ideas and since i dont have US acc, plz post this on US blizz site!

Any coments are critics are more than welcome, but no trols plz.

Deleted

Re: Some thoughts on lock spells and demons

Just to make clear:

The class changes posted by blizz are just a sample intended to give a 'feel' for the direction they're going with the next expansion. Just because no mention was made of the infernal or doomguard doesn't mean that they are remaining as they are, and I still believe that they are something that will likely be addressed.

That said, speculation does no harm.

I doubt very much that minion enslavement will or should work like hunters' pet taming. The idea is that you summon, defeat and enslave the demon in some dark ritual (when you do the quests). I like the idea of having different models though, maybe allowing minions to change appearance as they reach certain levels or something.

I'm entirely in agreement with Blizz as regards new demons - it would be awesome, but I'd much rather we had 5 really useful minions with clear applications than 8, 4 of which are pretty much redundant. I think we shall see a lot more minion changes before we get to release.

10+ Year Old Account

I summoned my demon, defeated him to show him who's boss and forced him to do my biding. That demon is not my friend. I don't want to name him. That demon is there to do whatever i want and if it has to die so that i may live that's what it will do(Void Sacrifice comes to mind). That's a lore view of warlocks...
    On a personal note i couldn't care less if my Felguard is named Skelzugul(it is), X, Asdgfja or simply Felguard...
    But i do care about seeing other locks with stupid names for demons... think about hunter pets... Just please no! Don't let warlocks name demons!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.

Personally I mind when I can't pronounce my own demons name, though I am against naming them manually. Seeing demons with names like "omgimmaeatyobuffs" or "spawnoflucifer" would really throw me over the edge.

However I would like to see something more exciting done with enslave demon. In my mind, a useful mechanic would be as follows:

You have an "enslavement" spot for one demon.

When you enslave a demon it takes that spot.

That enslaved demon raises to your level.

You can summon it at will.

The only use I even see a mechanic as powerful as that is to use a really gimmicky ability that they offer and even then it's not that useful.
    http://felfire.com/ - A Warlocks Source for World of Warcraft

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/felfireblog

The Twitter Warlock List: http://twitter.com/FelFireBlog/wicked-warlocks/members

Quote Originally Posted by zlojeb
    Considering what warlock need I think there is space for (new demon) and that is some sort of defensive demon both for pvp and pve situations.
    This demon has spells that make him temporary shield and/or lets say it gives HP to warlock or something among those lines and/or will die instead of warlock.
    Usage for him are simple, in PVP this will save u from burst/death or in PVE this demon can give u just enough time to kill that mob/boss.
    We have that already....Voidwalker's sacrifice

Deleted

Possibly they could introduce a questgiver like the guy who gives the ashen verdict rings. At certain levels you could become eligible to take a quest to choose from a small number of different demon skins and names, for a price you could return to him/her to re-choose if you wanted.

The NPC would basically be a revised version of the Demon Trainer - I guess the lore would allow for you to summon demons from different levels of the fel dimensions as you level or something like that.

or i got a crazy idea link pets to trees seeing how thats what blizz ardy did have destro get improved imp that changes its form give demo inproved void/felguard boom new looks give afflic improved felhound now everyone cant stfu