Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Class Preview: Warrior

Depending actual damage output I can see gushing wound getting a nerf early on for PvP purposes. Even without actually forcing a player to move (fears, knockbacks, deathgrip) we would either see warriors stacking the bleed and running away to force a player to follow.. or use the natural worry casters have of being next to the warrior to their advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    DotA and HoN are garbage, League of Legends is the best of them both.

These changes are amazing. Wish people would just roll every class to 80 (like me and many others) so they can stop complaining.

Only fucking losers have time to level every class to 80. Pathetic.

15+ Year Old Account

The amount of premature QQing and premature claims of OPness is absolutely pathetic. Did I miss a blue post where forum users got a new ability called Leap of Assumption? Seems to cost 90 nerd rage and instantly jump to conclusions, disabling all healing of any thread, rendering it useless. The forum user cannot be stopped unless banned. Where's the cooldown on that blizz?
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

All on next swing abilities will be changed, so cleave too I assume. If cleave becomes an ability (with a gcd) then current warrior aoe pretty much gets killed off.

The new whirlwind is exactly like all other aoe abilities other classes have (fok, swipe etc). It's pretty lazy to give every class the same abilities but with different names and visuals. :-X

Whirlwind will hit an unlimited number of targets, but only for 50% of weapon damage. The intent is for this ability to be used in multi-target scenarios and not on single targets.
    Would that affect Bladestorm [considered as a Whirlwind every second] ? :-\

Heroic Leap... I can see it now, orc warriors with a "HULK SMASH!!!" macroed to this ability. I love it
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne
    Heroic Leap... I can see it now, orc warriors with a "HULK SMASH!!!" macroed to this ability. I love it
    true this.^^

im just glad theyre bringing it back.

Quote Originally Posted by wee
    yawn...

anyone else notice that nearly EVERY new ability or spell has been for pvp...

whats the point of releasing an expansion blizz. just release a bunch of new BGs/arenas as that all you seem to care about.

tbh shammies are the only fun sounding pve class announced so far. rest are jsut basically gonna be the same.
    I would guess it is because people don't PvP as much as they used to and I could see some of these things, such as Gushing Wounds, being useful against runners in instances. And who knows, Blizz might be planing on putting more boss battles like the faction champions, or that boss in MgT (can't remember her name =[).

Meh ill still drop warriors in a GCD just in the air and not running in full speed <3

Hunter's: Leaps away from Death
    Priests: Leaps players from Death
    Warriors: Leaps to players Death
    Death Knights: Grips players to Death

WTF IS NEXT?
    A druid doing a Moonwalk, and accidently achieves ''Deathstar remote controll!''

...............*slitwrist*

Oh crap, first disarm, and now only 50% from our bladestorm? Crapstorm, not blade ;/

Quote Originally Posted by Emsarrev
    We already knew 95% of what you just said from before the notes. The only new interesting thing is that Critical Block will stay in the game, which is alright. I was just hoping for more Protection notes instead of 90% concerning dps.
    It's just that I don't see room for many prot changes until they can give us a talent tree preview. Prot is the warrior class's good tree. Out of all three of our trees it's the one that needs the least amount of changing. Hell, historically the other tanks' tanking trees have been balanced around warrior prot as a baseline!

We're not waiting for sweeping generalizations for prot. We're waiting for specifics.

I expect some sweeping generalizations for pally prot, and I don't think for a moment they're going to be very happy when they read them :|

Quote Originally Posted by Gawdliek
    Hunter's: Leaps away from Death
    Priests: Leaps players from Death
    Warriors: Leaps to players Death
    Death Knights: Grips players to Death

WTF IS NEXT?
    A druid doing a Moonwalk, and accidently achieves ''Deathstar remote controll!''

...............*slitwrist*
    frogger rofl
    worldofhoppercraft
    http://www.happyhopper.org/welcome.html

Deleted

Am I the only one feeling Fury nerfed?
    No more Whirlwind on single Targets, which is our strongest Attack right now. Yay, one less Button to press...
    Fury allready is boring to play. with this, it starts to suck hard.

WOOOOOO welcome back heroic leap! I have a feeling this is gonna go the way of BS and end up being slightly OP, dunno we'll see tho. I have no problem facerolling to 2000 in first season arena .
    To the people who say Gushing Wounds is OP. Stop talking, they said it would be weaker then rend with one stack and stronger with 3. we dont know how much stronger yet and rend was never a game breaker to begin with.
    I for one am WAY pumped might be time to xfer my war to my main server

Quote Originally Posted by shadow66990
    I. And who knows, Blizz might be planing on putting more boss battles like the faction champions, or that boss in MgT (can't remember her name =[).
    God i hope not. Those bosses are fun once in an expansion but to many would make me want to hurt something....
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Undercovercracker

Only fucking losers have time to level every class to 80. Pathetic.
    No, people who want to experience 100% of what WoW is get all the classes to 80. How is that pathetic? I can probably play your mains class better than you can.

ok every1 get past the "WOOHOO HEROIC LEAP!!!!" and look at how fucking bad we are getting nerfed...
    Sunder Armour reduced to 12%, Fury's WW just got nerfed to a non-boss ability, Fury was going to be able to pick up poleaxe / mace specialization but they got removed, so that gold mine of DPS just disappeared... not to mention the fact that unless our abilities damage gets improved we aren't going to be anywhere on the DPS meters... (new rage gen and HS / Cleave nerfs say hi)....and most of all making MS 20%.....WTF?!?!?!?!?! they named 50% healing reductions after OUR ability...and hunters/rogues who are better PvP burst than us get to keep their 50% MS...fuck that. We just got nerfed so fucking hard and one long CD ability that looks cool distracted EVERYONE from it... i was considering making my warrior my main in cata, so much for that (im not going to make my main a shit class)

and everyone knows that hunters and warriors will be hugely affected by the removal of ArP, not any of the other DPS classes

I haven't checked all pages, only the first 10, but...

Am I the only one who thinks that the Vengeance numbers are broken?
    If I get it right, that's 1 AP for every 10 health we have. 10 health is 1 stamina, but all tanks have stamina-increasing talents (let's assume they increase the stat by roughly 10% for easier maths), and we have BoK.

So 10 stamina equals to ~12 stamina post buffs. That's 1.2 attack power per 1 stamina gained. Now, not to be paranoid, but ain't that a bit... much?

And yes, 50k unbuffed hp is not so uncommon with current gear. With the CURRENT standings, 5k AP is just... Wooooooooooow... Imagine with possible 70-80k in Cata. 8k AP is just... too much (and yes, my main is a tank, and my 2 alts are tanks, so I'm pretty much addicted to tanking).

Quote Originally Posted by Willis
    Depending actual damage output I can see gushing wound getting a nerf early on for PvP purposes. Even without actually forcing a player to move (fears, knockbacks, deathgrip) we would either see warriors stacking the bleed and running away to force a player to follow.. or use the natural worry casters have of being next to the warrior to their advantage.

Considering that everyone's health pool is supposed to be getting much larger in Cata, I seriously doubt that one bleed is going to make or break anything much unless it ends up ticking for 10k every 3 seconds at 3 stacks.

Lets put it this way: At 3 stacks it will be better than Rend. That's like saying having cancer is better than being shot in the head because Rend is still probably going to suck.

gushing wound and heroic leap are super juicy, others arent nice for me. Overall nice ideas tho.