Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Class Preview: Warrior

Im not really happy with the warrior changes, for Arms it has a few nice things but I think they're completely forgetting about Fury:
    -Heroic Leap used to be the Fury 51 Talent Point now it's given to Arms and Prot but NOT to fury.
    -Gushing wounds will be non-viable for Raiding unless you want the tank to kite the boss arround
    -1h/2h viability will just not work out, like with DK Frost either 1hs or 2Hs will dominate and if there's going to be some kind of mastery cap Im quite sure it'll will be goodbye 1h's again due to less stats.
    -So they're basically nerfing both Cleave and Whirlwind, way to nerf our AoE.

I can see Arms being all good and fun but that's not the reason why I've been playing Fury for 3,5 year. Maybe this is just a stupid rant because both Shamans and Warlocks got awesome stuff (and Priest to lesser extent) but Im getting the feeling Fury will become really boring.
    First Rule of MMO's:
    -Those who have accomplished less than you are noobs.
    -Those who have accomplished more than you are no-lifers.

Quote Originally Posted by freernnur5
    I though Blizzard stated they were removing "confusing stats" like Armor Penetration from the game. Why then is Armor Penetration the second mastery bonus in the Arms tree? ???
    The thing that made Armor Penetration confusing as a stat ON ITEMS is that unlike every other stat with diminishing returns, ArPen had ESCALATING returns. To an extreme degree, at that. ArPen will still exist as passive bonuses and masteries, but cannot be stacked to 100% like it can today. You'll just get 10-30% of it here and there via bonuses. Percentages where it doesn't become LOLpowerful like the gear that pushes it from 70 to 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Restraint
    From i a strictly PvE dps standpoint, I'm pretty disapointed with the changes.

Inner rage seems like a double edged sword, but we can't tell until we see how long it lasts. If its a 10 second buff, it could easily rage starve you.
    Gushing wound will be nice on moving fights, But it does a bit more then rend, and rends damage isn't to impressive anyway.

Heroic leap will be fun, But no different then charge.
    The Whirlwind change is kind of depressing, But if HS is on the GCD that will probably replace it in single target fights, or sunder where you don't have a warrior tank.

I'm mostly upset cause i don't see any real changes to Arms PvE, and if it stays the same it will just sit under fury again. This is just a preview though, there is surly more to come.
    I hope you're right because this is fairly underwhelming to say the least.

Deleted

The data behind Heroic Leap:

-Dev1: Ah dammit what can we give to warriors now?
    -Dev2: I dunno, check diablo if we missed anything from the barbarian class....
    -Dev1: Oh snap! We havent used that jumpy thing at all....
    -Dev2: Oh NO!
    -Dev3,4 and 5 : Oh No
    -Dev1: I know.....
    -GC: Good Job guys , wrap it up and lets go get some chikin....

Heroic Leap!

Ah I remember it so well in the last beta, it was so fun to use and gave the warrior a nice epic feeling. But Agreed about the target or area targeting. If its only the target selection is going to an air based charge which was boring, the area select version was fun to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Palatrino
    WTB account achievements and class change for 20euro .

DKs - Death Grip
    Druids - Charge
    Warriors - Charge, Heroic Leap
    Paladins - Judgement of Justice.../lol

Well guess it's fair.
    They havent annonced anything yet for paladins. They said they wanted ret to be able to make more mistakes so i can only assume they will give us more spells, guess will have to with till the 16th.

Its still possible btw that they will remove some of these things or just completely change their mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuror
    Hur dur.

If you actually read the Heroic Leap description, you will see that is Charge with a Thunder Clap when you arrive. Nothing more. I don't see how that is so fascinating.
    You jump onto some poor sod's face, dude. You crush it with FUCKING LIGHTNING and like a ton of plated muscle. It's friggin' awesome.
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

Deleted

heroic leap is awesome for cosmetics, the extra charge for those pesky hunters will help too

Quote Originally Posted by Shuror
    Hur dur.

If you actually read the Heroic Leap description, you will see that is Charge with a Thunder Clap when you arrive. Nothing more. I don't see how that is so fascinating.
    Exactly. if you think about most of the changes for a few mins, you'll realize there pretty lackluster.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexxe
    heroic geared tanks are already at 50k unbuffed, i should hope it would be more than that at 85, at least 5k easily.
    vengeance should be an insane boost for threat and damage.

im still quite sad they havent addresses prot warrior survivability issues compared to the other tank classes ( HI ARDENT DEFENDER ! )
    yupp.. think ill level as prot to 85 :3
    With the bonus to ap I think I'll hit 10k ap

oh and ardent defender.. they said warriors get "crit" blocks.. that's a bonus to survivability. right?
    I've no idea what to write here.

Quote Originally Posted by talrob
    Gushing Wound (Level 83)...

Someone has been playing DotA/HoN....
    DotA and HoN are garbage, League of Legends is the best of them both.

These changes are amazing. Wish people would just roll every class to 80 (like me and many others) so they can stop complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaurr
    Im not really happy with the warrior changes, for Arms it has a few nice things but I think they're completely forgetting about Fury:
    -Heroic Leap used to be the Fury 51 Talent Point now it's given to Arms and Prot but NOT to fury.
    -Gushing wounds will be non-viable for Raiding unless you want the tank to kite the boss arround
    -1h/2h viability will just not work out, like with DK Frost either 1hs or 2Hs will dominate and if there's going to be some kind of mastery cap Im quite sure it'll will be goodbye 1h's again due to less stats.
    -So they're basically nerfing both Cleave and Whirlwind, way to nerf our AoE.

I can see Arms being all good and fun but that's not the reason why I've been playing Fury for 3,5 year. Maybe this is just a stupid rant because both Shamans and Warlocks got awesome stuff (and Priest to lesser extent) but Im getting the feeling Fury will become really boring.
    From where did you get the full list of changes that will make it live? Ah wait, you have no idea what else is coming.

I wonder if they're going to change the mechanic of Savage Defense for Druid tanks. Since it's based on our Attack Power, that Vengeance mastery could make it pretty OP. Currently it blocks roughly the equivalent of a shield, add another 6K AP...

Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    heroic leap is awesome for cosmetics, the extra charge for those pesky hunters will help too
    Extra charge? Fail at reading.

Deleted

hahaha Heroic Leap!! :3

with gushing wounds the thing it says if move so if the target takes even one step it grows more powerfull. as a tank moving them really isnt hard and i have to move on quite a few fight cus of ever there made that way or i want to get the boss into a better postion. if worse come to worse u can just step to the left and right and watch it stack up.

vengence im just loving it putting an extra 5k min AP on is just gona make any ability hurt more

overall lots of nice changes gona be fun and herioc leap loks nice (didt have a warrior when it was in beta)

I'm wondering about the change to whirlwind though....will it also affect Bladestorm?

so bladestorm will do hallf the damage on singe targets?

Deleted

Woah, there's gonna be a lot of flying around in Cata.

Just imagine a random BG:
    Leaping Warriors,
    Leaping Druids in cat form,
    Disengaging Hunters,
    Blinking Mages,
    Life Gripping others Priests,
    Death Gripping others DKs,
    Teleporting Locks,
    + All the Goblins using their racial jump thingy.

Sounds interesting to say the least.

I must say from a PVP standpoint, now that I've read this, Priests' DeathLifegrip now has one more viable (read: not douche) usage. I'd assume that being gripped by a Priest doesn't count as movement and could be used to counter a Gushing Wound? I mean, would being gripped count as a movement?

So here we are lovers of lost dimensions
    Itsuka hi no kaze ni noote haruka tooi
    Burning supernovas, of all sound and sight
    Hayaka no koto e
    Every touch, a temptation
    Itsuku sora hitotsu michimono hi Wataateyukeyu
    And for every sense, a sensation
    Hanateta koto e