Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Class Preview: Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Deviltry
    Gushing Wound stops refreshing at three stacks (no more stacks = no more refreshes), else it would be retarded.
    The description is a little ambiguous. There are two ways to read it:

1. The refresh and stacking effect are coupled. Gushing Wound stacks up to three, then falls off after nine seconds.

2. The refresh and stacking effect are seperate. Gushing Wound stops stacking after three, but continues to refresh indefinitely until the target stops moving for nine seconds.

The first option would be balanced, and I hope to God that's what they intend to go for. Option two would be broken as all hell in PvP since we're talking about a potentially infinite bleed that requires zero management on the part of the Warrior.

Heroic leap WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Now we get another fucking useless ability because THEY DONT EVEN KNOW IF THEY'LL LET US USE IT IN COMBAT
    First Rule of MMO's:
    -Those who have accomplished less than you are noobs.
    -Those who have accomplished more than you are no-lifers.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvdatboi
    Rage has not been nerfed doofus.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/24038...-in-cataclysm/

I must admit, I'm super excited about the changes :X
    Don't care much for WW change and heroic leap, but omgomgomgomgomg 1h dw with sunder being a part of rotation and MS being only 20%(this makes the subpar application medthod from fury matter a great deal less) : D
    Also, Gushing wound <3 Blood seeker ulti ftw : )
    "He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool." — Brigham Young

Don't know if this has been posted before, but since im lazy yadiyadydaya

I don't think Heroic Leap will be removed and for this reason; the last time they tried to add it we had an old world where we couldn't use flying mounts, hence this skill would cause massive buggs, getting stuck etc etc. Since some surfaces were not meant to be jumped on, also goblins will most likely get rockets belts which is a comparable skill.

Looks awesome, can't wait to roll a blood elf warrior(Male(there goes my credibility))

Quote Originally Posted by Thaurr
    Heroic leap WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Now we get another fucking useless ability because THEY DONT EVEN KNOW IF THEY'LL LET US USE IT IN COMBAT
    That's because it's a tanking ability. Or did the use of Thunderclap throw you off?
    LoLtumblr |
    derpderpderp

Quote Originally Posted by xyz
    pretty much all fail... i dont care for pvp or arms at all.
    ww change ist meh....what are the fury attacks now? bt slam and hs or what? if there are no new attacks i dont think iam gonna play warrior in the expa.
    1h fury.....WTF is that shit....seriously. i can play a rogue and have more fun then.
    You obviously didn't play a warrior pre-WotLK.

I am so dissapointed.

Neither of the new abilities are made from a protection warrior point of view. And NO, heroic leap is not interesting, I can perfectly press charge followed by a thunder clap myself. Lets queue up 2 abilities and call it something new! Way to go Blizzard, your developers are sure creative over there!

Gushing Wound wont affect raiding prot warriors as much, I think its mainly meant for PvP.

I feel that I have alot to do and manage even though im usually at 100 rage when tanking, Im pressing more buttons than I do as a dps anyways, and I feel that its more challenging as well, so the new passive thing is also not so good for protection warriors.

Is it just me or do they want less prot warriors in cata? Atleast for me, I was very dissapointed.

So far, resto shaman has got my attention Good thing I got all classes at 80 so it wont be too hard to get my shaman to 85

Quote Originally Posted by Terrax of the Wind
    I don't get why people are saying it'll be hard to balance Single-minded Fury.
    Current TG has a -10% penalty to physical damage dealt. So, let SMF have no penalty, instead increase physical damage done by X% (I'm guessing 5-10%), so that it's doing almost identical damage to TG.
    The only difference is if you look like slow and big swings or quick and small attacks.
    Not quite that simple. Two handed weapons are itemized with much higher stats to make up for not having a second weapon, off-hander, or shield. So while yes, the basic damage might look similar, the stats you got off of the two handers would still trump the one handers. The only solution to THAT particular problem would be to have the talent increase the stat-gains from the one handers. Which is really starting to over-budget a talent, if you ask me.

Im suprised all you 'GUSHING WOUNDZ IS FAIL FOR PVE' people havent realized that with no CD and costing 10 rage, you can probably stack it to 3 stacks yourself...

Coming from a non-warrior, they really did drop the ball on the preview for you guys. Sorry.

That being said, these aren't the only changes, so hopefully they will add something interesting to the class at some point.

WOOOOOOOO! PARTY UP!

Quote Originally Posted by Valunii
    Im suprised all you 'GUSHING WOUNDZ IS FAIL FOR PVE' people havent realized that with no CD and costing 10 rage, you can probably stack it to 3 stacks yourself...
    Why not just change rend, instead of giving it a new name and making it so "exciting"? Tbh, this looks more like a talented version of rend.

WB Heroic leap , but to what good if not used in combat ? Opener stun ? seen a rogue vanish there , bam leap on him
    fury 1 h is smth i like ( or used to on my war alt)
    Lets see beta and what is left of them all after or during beta and then judge , thats what beta is for

And i just know hunter camouflage will be back , mark my w o r d s !!!!!!

Long live Garona Halforcen ! Cheers to Odexy for the Sig !

Quote Originally Posted by xyz
    pretty much all fail... i dont care for pvp or arms at all.
    ww change ist meh....what are the fury attacks now? bt slam and hs or what? if there are no new attacks i dont think iam gonna play warrior in the expa.
    1h fury.....WTF is that shit....seriously. i can play a rogue and have more fun then.
    Comments like this make me wonder how much intelligence people have. You sir need to not play my game. The statements you made are irrational and uncoordinated, which makes you insane. If you don't know what preview means I suggest you look it up and then slit your wrists and die in a corner.

i ma sooo glad for those changes i hope those changes will make my friend that allready has a warrior to start again (Hello Peter ;D) .when cata come :female worgen warrior ,HERE I COME!!!! ;D
    Mal'Ganis is DEAD!Deal with it!

So let's get this straight.

1) Whirlwind damage goes from 100% to 50%. Currently hits 4 targets, will hit unlimited in the future. This will be a massive nerf, how often is there > 8 targets?
    2) Heroic Leap, currently not slated for use in combat and is just a fancy looking charge+thunderclap.
    3) Sunder armor takes a huge bite from 20% to 12%.
    4) Heroic Strike no longer usable on main hand swings.
    5) Heroic Strike now like execute, usable during the entire fight, but likely less damage and still burns a GCD.
    6) Mortal Strike goes from 50% to 20%.

So, where are the buffs? Warriors virtually received NOTHING and lost many previous skills. The rage "boosts" are countered by the fact we no longer get rage based on our swings, but on an arbitrary number equal for all warriors.

Also, new fury warrior rotation.

BT, HS, HS, BT, HS, HS, BT, HS, HS, BT slam?

Gushing Wound = Gork Say's stop
    8)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahte View Post
    Without its master's command, the restless Riverpaw Gnolls will become an even greater threat to this world.

Control must be maintained. There must always be *lightning* a Hogger.

Quote Originally Posted by Horace
    1) HEROIC LEAP IS BACK, BABY!

2) I'm relieved that we're not getting "THAT" changed. I mean, it could be much worse, I only play a prot warrior though, so DPS I'm not too bothered about, but Vengeance seems rather nice. I mean, ~5000ap (considering a probable 50000hp unbuffed healthpool at 85?) to scale up threat is pretty nice.
    It'll be a LOT more than 50k ubbuffed I'm sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    GoD isn't so great for unholy
    Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    i dont understamd ???

Quote Originally Posted by Talho
    Whirlwind will hit an unlimited number of targets, but only for 50% of weapon damage. The intent is for this ability to be used in multi-target scenarios and not on single targets.

Do you guys not the see nerf of Whirlwind from 100% weapon damage to 50% weapon damage?! WTF!, this was our hardest hitting single target ability! (single WW dmg > single BT dmg), and now nerfing it in half cause they want us to only use it for aoe??

What other ability are they giving us for fury rotation then? Are we just going to go BT, free GCD, free GCD, BT, free GCD, free GCD, BT, free GCD, free GCD??
    looking for another ability we will use on a free GCD? you should read blueposts carefully....think about the heroic strike changes which will make it a completely different attack

as a protection warrior I have expected some changes today but it looks like yesterday with one more GCD consuming ability to deal with and maybe some funny rage management