Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Class Preview: Warrior

How the hell are they gonna make Single-Minded Fury work... They're getting rid of Attack Power in Cataclysm so Strength will be the only white stat that boost a warrior's DPS. This means they have to add one-handers with strength on it just to accommodate these 1H fury warriors which is rather stupid as no other DW class utilizes strength (unless you wanna count on resurrecting DW'ing frost DKs).

That talent is going to require a pretty big damage boost to make up for the ridiculous amount of stat lost by not having 2 2-handers. It'll be even worse if warriors are required to use 1-handers that has agility on it...

Quote Originally Posted by Fireslave
    Thanks blizz for breaking single target WW use...PvE wont want us, PvP doesnt...where is the place for us now!??!
    Facepalm. Shame you haven't read any posts in the last 6 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by wee
    yawn...

anyone else notice that nearly EVERY new ability or spell has been for pvp...

whats the point of releasing an expansion blizz. just release a bunch of new BGs/arenas as that all you seem to care about.

tbh shammies are the only fun sounding pve class announced so far. rest are jsut basically gonna be the same.
    It's not like it's just the Preview AMIRITE?

Gushing Wound stops refreshing at three stacks (no more stacks = no more refreshes), else it would be retarded.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nightseye
    How the hell are they gonna make Single-Minded Fury work... They're getting rid of Attack Power in Cataclysm so Strength will be the only white stat that boost a warrior's DPS. This means they have to add one-handers with strength on it just to accommodate these 1H fury warriors which is rather stupid as no other DW class utilizes strength (unless you wanna count on resurrecting DW'ing frost DKs).

That talent is going to require a pretty big damage boost to make up for the ridiculous amount of stat lost by not having 2 2-handers. It'll be even worse if warriors are required to use 1-handers that has agility on it...
    Uh, Dual-Wielding Frost DKs are a viable DPS spec and will continue be a viable DPS spec in Cataclysm, and I believe they have said they're going to have one handed strength dps weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by freernnur5
    I though Blizzard stated they were removing "confusing stats" like Armor Penetration from the game. Why then is Armor Penetration the second mastery bonus in the Arms tree? ???
    They are removing it but they also mentioned before that they would make such "stats" as we have them now more of a passive talent if we spec deep enough into our trees. Still no specifics thou on how much it will effect or the actual effect.
    Steaküms 85 Warrior
    Éxpletive 85 Hunter
    Totums 85 Shaman
    Wholemilk 85 Paladin

"Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking"

I doubt Heroic Leap will get in this time too.

Deleted

-20% healing on mortal strike

Why the hell would you "resurrect DWíng frost DKS"? DW frost is currently one of the two best, if not best, specs for dps death knights have.

"Scars remind us where we've been. They don't need to dictate our future."

Quote Originally Posted by freernnur5
    I though Blizzard stated they were removing "confusing stats" like Armor Penetration from the game. Why then is Armor Penetration the second mastery bonus in the Arms tree? ???
    they're removing it from gear, not from the game

Quote Originally Posted by Tayfow View Post
    What's the point of playing an easy game? When did this huge subset of people come to video games, wanting not a challenge, but some kind of interactive facebook type thing with spells?

From i a strictly PvE dps standpoint, I'm pretty disapointed with the changes.

Inner rage seems like a double edged sword, but we can't tell until we see how long it lasts. If its a 10 second buff, it could easily rage starve you.
    Gushing wound will be nice on moving fights, But it does a bit more then rend, and rends damage isn't to impressive anyway.

Heroic leap will be fun, But no different then charge.
    The Whirlwind change is kind of depressing, But if HS is on the GCD that will probably replace it in single target fights, or sunder where you don't have a warrior tank.

I'm mostly upset cause i don't see any real changes to Arms PvE, and if it stays the same it will just sit under fury again. This is just a preview though, there is surly more to come.

Strange that they are getting Heroic leap because ive read once in some blue post that they didnt gave it to warriors because it was OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementation
    way to nerf the shit out of dps Wars, if it stays like this i see a shit load of rerolls including me.

Been playing my war for 5 years and with thise changes + rage nerf we<ll be lucky to fucking be top 15 dps.

Fucking fury mastery is a fucking joke.
    Rage has not been nerfed doofus.

omg omg omg!

They are bringing Inner Rage back!

Although in a totally different from >_>

10+ Year Old Account

Awesome, I'm really excited for this. Gushing Wound and Heroic Leap will be awesome and I think Inner Rage is a great idea. Now I just gotta get those last 31 levels on my War...and 60 levels on my Priest...and 5 on my Lock...I'm gonna be busy

Quote Originally Posted by Wessen
    I doubt Heroic Leap will get in this time too.

Dude, heroic leap is totally gonna be in. The reason it DIDN'T get in last time is cuz it allowed Warriors to hop up cliffs and walls to places they weren't supposed to be. But now that we can FLY in azeroth they are allowed to go anywhere they want.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I'm glad they fixed Heroic Leap.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

It has been officially confirmed that one handed Strength-based weapons will appear in Cataclysm. If so, its a normal move to let more than 1 spec use them (only Frost DKs would use them, similar to what happens nowadays with Holly Pallies and their spellpower plate)
    FC: 3497-1179-1801 // Gamboa
    Friend Safari - Ice: Spheal, Bergmite, ?

Hur dur.

If you actually read the Heroic Leap description, you will see that is Charge with a Thunder Clap when you arrive. Nothing more. I don't see how that is so fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Horace
    2) I'm relieved that we're not getting "THAT" changed. I mean, it could be much worse, I only play a prot warrior though, so DPS I'm not too bothered about, but Vengeance seems rather nice. I mean, ~5000ap (considering a probable 50000hp unbuffed healthpool at 85?) to scale up threat is pretty nice.
    heroic geared tanks are already at 50k unbuffed, i should hope it would be more than that at 85, at least 5k easily.
    vengeance should be an insane boost for threat and damage.

im still quite sad they havent addresses prot warrior survivability issues compared to the other tank classes ( HI ARDENT DEFENDER ! )