Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

WoW In-Game Pet in SC2 Collector Edition

Update - Added Warrior's preview Q&A

Thor In-Game Pet in SC2 Collector Edition
    According to a press release published a few hours ago, Blizzard will offer a WoW in-game pet with the collector edition of Starcraft 2. So far it looks like that if you didn't plan to buy Starcraft 2 and REALLY want your pet, you will have to pay $100 for it.

The good news is, if you want the Starcraft 2 Collector Edition and do not care about the pet, you will probably sell it on ebay for $90.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. announced today that its highly anticipated real-time strategy game, StarCraft® II: Wings of Liberty™, will be available both in a standard edition and in a limited-release Collector's Edition packed with exclusive bonus materials. Players who purchase either edition will be able to play online for no additional fee through the new version of Battle.net®, the premier online gaming destination for Blizzard Entertainment gamers.

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty will be available on DVD-ROM for Windows® XP/Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 and Macintosh®. The standard edition will sell for a suggested retail price of $59.99 and will also be available shortly after release as a download through the online Blizzard Store. The special Collector's Edition package, which is priced at $99.99 and will only be available at retail stores, will include the following bonus items in addition to the game disc:

• The Art of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, a 176-page book featuring artwork from the game
    • An exclusive 2GB USB flash drive replica of Jim Raynor's dog tag, which comes preloaded with the original StarCraft and the StarCraft: Brood War® expansion set
    • A behind-the-scenes DVD containing over an hour of developer interviews, cinematics with director's commentary, and more
    • The official StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty soundtrack CD, containing 14 epic tracks from the game along with exclusive bonus tracks
    • StarCraft comic book issue #0, a prequel to the comic series
    • A World of Warcraft® mini Thor in-game pet that can be applied to all World of Warcraft characters on a single Battle.net account
    • Exclusive Battle.net downloadable content, including special portraits for your Battle.net profile, decals to customize your units in-game, and a visually unique version of the terran Thor unit
    HTML Code:
    <object width="640" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NskJDjjlyro&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NskJDjjlyro&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="405"></embed></object>

Cataclysm Preview: Warrior Q&A
    Originally Posted by Bornakk
    Here are some follow ups based on what is being discussed.

Q: Will the rotation for a Fury Warrior just be Bloodthirst and Slam with Heroic Strike to burn off rage?
    A: We think Fury is going to end up needing another attack in there for single-target fights. Furious Sundering was intended more as having to Sunder being less of a penalty, but at only 3 stacks, it may not end up being a big deal and we don’t want Fury to feel like they have to purchase a talent that they may not always use. We don’t want Whirlwind to be a good button against single targets however. It essentially gets “free” damage against groups of targets when it’s effective at using against single targets. It’s okay if warriors still do more damage in fights where they can use Cleave and similar attacks often, but right now it’s too extreme.

Q: Are one-handed Fury warriors going to be competing with rogues for one-handed weapons?
    A: This is unlikely. Rogues and shaman will want one-handers with Agility, while warriors and death knights will want them with Strength. I won’t be surprised when one of these classes picks up the other’s weapon as it could be an upgrade simply based on the damage, but it won’t be optimal.

Q: Why are warriors not getting some kind of AoE tanking tool?
    A: We think the newly buffed Thunder Clap plus Shockwave are sufficient abilities for AoE tanking. The design of Vengeance should make sure that threat generation doesn’t start to slip behind as the dps characters gear up. It’s not our intention that tanks face a constant struggle to generate enough threat, even in group situations, but we also don’t want threat to be totally irrelevant either. The danger for tanking too many creatures should also be tank death not threat management.

Q: Is only Sunder Armor being changed?
    A: Rogue Expose Armor and other abilities that apply a similar debuff are being changed accordingly. They will all provide the same debuff at 12% armor reduction.

Q: What about rage loss when changing stances?
    A: We still want the act of changing stances to require more consideration than just clicking two buttons to use the ability you want. One idea we are going to explore is that you don’t lose rage when you change stances, but you won’t gain additional rage for a short period of time after changing. This lets you say swap to do an Execute without losing your rage bar, but still keeps the idea that shifting constantly comes with inherent efficiency risks.

Q: Is the intent of Gushing Wound that warriors constantly ask for targets to be kited around?
    A: No, it’s intended to be a bonus when you’re in an encounter where the target either moves around a lot (Ex. BONNNNE STORMMMM-ing Marrowgar) or just has to be moved around a lot (say Lich King). Warriors shouldn’t have the expectation of forcing every PvE opponent to move but it would be entertaining to watch this (from a third party perspective).

15+ Year Old Account

Re: WoW In-Game Pet in SC2 Collector Edition

It's Arnold!

I hate getting Thor rushed.

Who's your daddy and what does he do?

10+ Year Old Account

Why are ingame pets costing more and more money? :P

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Goddamnit that made my day.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Run for da choppa!

hm, 2GB flash drive... would actually prefer it to be blank

Deleted

I believe that this isn't fair .Why Blizz expecting us to to buy SC2-CE to get the WoW mini-pet?
    Ok if it was SC2 only pet ,but why WoW?

not worth the money,,, tbh imo but there we go hope you guys enjoy ur pet

that u probs will only have out for 5 mins then u will forget bout it lol

ooooo... I'm looking forward to this even more... if that was even possible lol

Aaaaaah my ears! They huuuuuuuurt .
    In the Groves of Death

15+ Year Old Account

Sounds like our austrian superhero Schwarzenegger! Thank god I don't care for pets.

an Ahnold pet for wow? ME. WANT. NOW. if only it wasn't that ridiculously expensive. Looks like Activision got their dirty little moneygrubbing hands on the pricing plan.

Ok cool, I love the thors ! (Just hope you can apply the pet to any battle.net account, as the blue suggests tho :P.)

World of Warcraft: Map || Screenshots

That must be one bad ass pet. Too bad im not a pet collector ebay, here i come

Deleted

They should make a sentence where it says: I am arnold schwarzenegger

EDIT: I said nagger instead of negger, and: http://www.crocopuffs.com/soundboard/arnold.html EPIC!

You haf to get outta heree! They're trying to kill YA!

holy crap! It's Arnold

Deleted

They were wondering what other shit to stick in the collection edition to make it worth the 100 bucks.