Thread: Fear in Cata

10+ Year Old Account

Fear in Cata

Right now Fear breaks on damage! If i'm not mistaken 40% of base health worth of damage.
    In Cata we won't have that much of a bigger base health(just 5 points worth of it) but we will have bigger health pools and we will hit harder(i'm around 28k in pvp gear right now and i'm expecting something along the lines of 40K self buffed in Cata).
    Does that mean that Fear will break on anything? I can put Immo up on a feared target right now and not lose the fear. But with everything hiting for more won't a single Corruption tick break Fear?
    That would make it like Seduction is right now. Just put it on someone you don't want to hit in the near future! And that's a nerf imo! Thoughts?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Fear in Cata

I don't mind it breaking on minor damage, if only they make it so that mobs don't run but cower in fear on the spot or run around small circles. ^^

Re: Fear in Cata

They will rework the mechanics for Cata just like they reworked them for wotlk. Personally, I would like them to work out pathing issues... It seems every time I fear they either run out of range, or out of los, and still breaks on x amount of damage... meanwhile while I'm stunned I sit in the same spot so melee can beat on me, and if there's enough melee, take me from 100% to 0 before the stun is over!