Engineering ammo?

since ammo is going away in Cata (or maybe slightly before w/e) has anyone heard what will replace ammo for engineers? It's a good source of money and leveling for engineers so I think that it's kind of important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayron
    Read the link. Quit talking.

Re: Engineering ammo?

if they do make equipable bonus ammo like relics and idols im guessing engineers will make a few different types or starter ones before boss loots, or possible engineering plans will drop from bosses for the ammo.

otherwise it will probably be removed. ill loosely stick with my first guess for now being engineer on my hunter.

you will be able to reforge trinkets

With the apparant removal of ammunition, then it would appear that the reforging of trinkets will be the main and short of some substantial changes to come, only regular if you can all it that income from engineering.
    Personally I do not see that being a very frequent process at all, since trinkets tend to be the least often replaced item of gear, so short of some other gear upgrade lacking in desirable stats, which is not simply corrected through reforging that, then I cannot see even much demand for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I'm one the one hand happy that I won't have to worry about ammo so much, and at the same time super annoyed that once again engineers are going to end up getting screwed. I can feel it. Can we talk about the fact that every other profession got tons of patterns and upgrades all through wotlk; I got a robot butler and a fricken ammo recipe that they're going to take away in a couple months. They need to give us more ranged weapon upgrades, or higher lvl engineer only trinkets or something. I love being an engineer, and have managed to justify it as a profession because of the tinkering and the ammo. Now that they're taking away half of that I might need to rethink my stance. The nerdrage is building a bit.

agree with you phycus, im one of hunter that save my ammo and use if needed. It burns out my gold buying those ammos, well can't wait for the Cata for the new ammos implemented.
    Make your gaming experience a lot better!
    wow strategy guide

i'm going to miss the making of iceblade arrows
    they currently are 1 of my main sources of income and if thats gone, i'll have to go back to selling underpriced ore that sells for only 1-2g more then vendor prices at times
    not looking forward to this

i'm hoping the reforging will be nice thoguh, also i'd love to see some engineering only trinkets that we can use for quite some time or that there will be new patterns for engineering trinkets in endgame content raids
    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    Someone believes the earth is flat, call them stupid.
    Someone believes Andorra is in Africa, call them uneducated.
    Someone believes you can go make coffee in the back of your car because it's set on "autopilot", call them retarded.
    But if someone believes a magical bearded man rewards you with eternal life in the clouds as long as you drink the magical whine-blood of a long dead carpenter in church, don't you dare argue with his beliefs.

My engineer does not have the epic ammo recipe(s) so I already know what it is like to have ammo removed from my crafting options.

To be honest, ammo never made me any noticeable money before (in the blue era when all engineers could make it) so it's disappearance is no big deal to me. Engineering has always sucked as a money making prof and it looks like that will continue.

That can be said about many professions though. A profession needs a constant consumable that needs frequent replacement (like gems, enchants, flasks).

I would like to see engineering get something like a "flask" for weapnons that increases damage for a fixed period. Some item that you apply to a weapon increases ammo damage for an hour or so, then needs to be replaced. Call it weapon oil or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruk
    I would like to see engineering get something like a "flask" for weapnons that increases damage for a fixed period. Some item that you apply to a weapon increases ammo damage for an hour or so, then needs to be replaced. Call it weapon oil or something like that.
    Nice idea, suppressors for guns giving more range for a short period, or rapid fire mod that gives burst dps. Maybe titanium wire for bows to improve accuracy (hit) or power (dps) a bit like the line you can get for your fishing pole.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by phycus
    I'm one the one hand happy that I won't have to worry about ammo so much, and at the same time super annoyed that once again engineers are going to end up getting screwed. I can feel it. Can we talk about the fact that every other profession got tons of patterns and upgrades all through wotlk; I got a robot butler and a fricken ammo recipe that they're going to take away in a couple months. They need to give us more ranged weapon upgrades, or higher lvl engineer only trinkets or something. I love being an engineer, and have managed to justify it as a profession because of the tinkering and the ammo. Now that they're taking away half of that I might need to rethink my stance. The nerdrage is building a bit.
    How could you QQ about engineering? Engineering is the only profession that increases the fun you have with your character. The others might give you minor stat increases, but engineering does as well while also letting you shoot fireballs from your hands, have rockets on your boots, a parachute on your cloak, able to warp around northrend, go to AH in dalaran, portable mailbox / repairs, etc.

Sure, engineering isn't a great source of gold but this is WotLK. I don't sell much on the AH, I primarily get my gold through other means and I maintain 7k+ gold at all times. Gold is incredibly easy to get. When I do want to farm gold, I can get thousands a day without using professions at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde
    How could you QQ about engineering? Engineering is the only profession that increases the fun you have with your character. The others might give you minor stat increases, but engineering does as well while also letting you shoot fireballs from your hands, have rockets on your boots, a parachute on your cloak, able to warp around northrend, go to AH in dalaran, portable mailbox / repairs, etc.

Sure, engineering isn't a great source of gold but this is WotLK. I don't sell much on the AH, I primarily get my gold through other means and I maintain 7k+ gold at all times. Gold is incredibly easy to get. When I do want to farm gold, I can get thousands a day without using professions at all.
    I agree with this guy
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Quote Originally Posted by ssgrif
    Nice idea, suppressors for guns giving more range for a short period, or rapid fire mod that gives burst dps. Maybe titanium wire for bows to improve accuracy (hit) or power (dps) a bit like the line you can get for your fishing pole.

for the guy asking for "oil" you can apply to your weapon - already exists bud, ever heard of sharpening stones and wizard oil?

for this guy asking for bow strings n such, ever heard of scopes?

making money is a thing of the past, everyone has tens of thousands now.

Quote Originally Posted by FacepalmerXtreme
    for the guy asking for "oil" you can apply to your weapon - already exists bud, ever heard of sharpening stones and wizard oil?

for this guy asking for bow strings n such, ever heard of scopes?

making money is a thing of the past, everyone has tens of thousands now.
    Guess I should have specified ranged weapons (and time limited, so not just scopes). And engineers, not blacksmiths or enchanters. And that whole "cannot be applied to items over lvl 165" business needs an update (even for the stones and wizard oils).

Well, if I recall correctly, Blizzard is removing the Ammo Slot altogether. Something about Ammo causing too many DPS imbalances in Ranged Weapons compared to Melee.

So, I think Engineering is going to be pretty profitless in Cataclysm. But its a good thing, because Engineering is currently the FOTM Profession, and I am tired of my Rocket Boots no longer being unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruk
    That's a great idea, maybe something like a "Sharpening Stone" for ranged weapons.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games