Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

@Exodus Heroic LK

So I was looking forward to another LK kill today when I read this http://www.mmo-champion.com/raids-us...-lich-king/30/ (Page 3) yesterday and I was wondering what was up since apparently Paragon is still the only guild to have killed him.

So I checked http://www.exo-guild.com/ and saw that they were recruiting, and at first I thought that "maybe they are just using their near LK kill to boost their recruiting" but when I looked more closely I saw that they are recruiting 9 players for full-time raid spots, and if a guild is recruiting that heavily how can they possibly be able to work on end-game content?

So the next thing I checked were the realm forums, and I found this http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...62406689&sid=1 . It seems that (and from this point on this is just speculation) after the Lich King despawned Exodus put in a ticket about it and they expected it to be answered by today, which apparently it has, but not with the answer they were hoping for. Apparently, this subsequently lead many of their main raiders to quit the game because of Blizzard's idiocy and ineptitude to take responsibility for their own buggy mechanics. (much like Muqq's famous blog) Given their history with exploiting (google Yogg+0 world first) if they were exploiting in any way at all, then imo it was completely brought upon themselves, although I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Anyway, stay tuned while the drama unfolds!

15+ Year Old Account

Re: @Exodus Heroic LK

Amagawd. Heroic arthas a guild killer?!

15+ Year Old Account

Interesting.

But it should be in general discussion, not US firsts.

Also

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaker
    It seems that (and from this point on this is just speculation) after the Lich King despawned Exodus put in a ticket about it and they expected it to be answered by today, which apparently it has, but not with the answer they were hoping for. Apparently, this subsequently lead many of their main raiders to quit the game because of Blizzard's idiocy and ineptitude to take responsibility for their own buggy mechanics. (much like Muqq's famous blog) Given their history with exploiting (google Yogg+0 world first) if they were exploiting in any way at all, then imo it was completely brought upon themselves, although I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.
    How much of that is true? You said speculation, but is there any truth behind it?

They are just being whiny bitches and bad players. Their guild is falling apart instantly when they actually have to wipe because of a hard boss.
    GZ FOR WORLD #59 LK 10H!

Quote Originally Posted by seam
    Interesting.

But it should be in general discussion, not US firsts.

Also

How much of that is true? You said speculation, but is there any truth behind it?
    An Exodus member on MMO champion claimed that the LK despawned at 10% in the first link, so that is most likely true. I'm sure they put in a GM ticket because, what would you do? I'm assuming that if a GM respawned the Lich King things would have been fine and that they would have just killed him again, but this seems to not have been the case. Also, they did have a lot of main raiders leave/quit the game, ad they are recruiting to have 9 main raid positions filled. My speculation is trying to fill in the gaps between having the LK despawn and having main raiders leave the next day.

And I apologize for putting it in the wrong forum, I wasn't sure what to post this under, if it could be moved that would be great.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ghojac
    They are just being whiny bitches and bad players. Their guild is falling apart instantly when they actually have to wipe because of a hard boss.
    GZ FOR WORLD #59 LK 10H!
    Were you around in BC?

Doesn't look like it.

Any further news on this?

I haven't heard much information on this - what happened? Someone said something about HLK despawning @ 10%

Oh how I love this time of year for raiding.

here's a idea...you know someone fraps'd it. Give us the video for proof, we know krippirian is always frapsing.

According to a few friends that played for Exodus in TBC that have connections, Heroic Lich King despawned for them at the 10% mark after casting Fury of Frostmourne and killing the raid. They were unable to finish the boss, there was no RP.

The guild i raid in is recruiting 7-9 'full time raiders' and we have all heroic 25 down (shy of LK) and are working on LK heroic (admittedly not far into the encounter).

My point is. A guild can get by with 25 raiders. But a progression guild needs 30-35 people to be 'main raiders' swapping people in and out for each boss based on mechanics required and players that can't show up one night.

I can't say with any certainty, but this is my guess why exodus is recruiting.

Yeah this happened for me too, after nights of solo attempts on LK HC i finally managed to bring him down to 10% and then he suddenly dissapeared

All kidding aside, really strange, specially since it only has happened to them so far. makes you wonder

Maybe it hasn't happened to anyone else because the only 2 guilds to make it to 10%, (which means win) are paragon obviously and if this is true they would be the second.

I think the better question is:

Why does anyone care?
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

I think a betterer question is if u don't care y bother posting?

Quote Originally Posted by nemex
    Heroic Lich King despawned for them at the 10% mark after casting Fury of Frostmourne and killing the raid. T
    Lich King is one, sneaky bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina
    I think the better question is:

Why does anyone care?
    its because we are talking about exodus and not u?

Accession 8/8 US 5th, world 22nd (25man) recruiting for all classes for MoP!!

Quote Originally Posted by anthell
    its because we are talking about exodus and not u?
    Right. Why do you care what other people are doing in the game? Shouldn't you be more concerned about what YOU'RE doing in the game.

When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Interesting. Well if it is true that sucks, and you'd hope Blizzard would do more than just apologize.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US