Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New paladin spell predictions

Righteous Fire (Level 81): 1.5 sec cast, 30y range, no cooldown. Deals holyfire damage to a single target(and possible additional effect depending on talents. This is a standard bolt-type dmg spell, except that it is dual school).

The reasoning:

Ret wants a new dmg button to push - righteous fire will be made instant cast by art of war.

Prot is getting it's aoe dmg/threat nerfed - a new single target ability to compensate is in order. A prot talent give shield of the righteous or something the chance make righteous fire instant cast, so mix up the prot 9-6 rotations somewhat, a little bit like the warrior talent sword-and-board.

Holy finally, is the only healing class left in the game without a offensive spell to depending themselves with (smite, lb, wrath. Holy shock does not count - it's a 6 sec CD *healing* spell). In addition, a holy talent should get massive boost to exorcism spell-power co-efficent baked on to it, to make this spell scale properly for holy paladins.

Insert Name for AoE heal Here (Level 83): There should be little doubt left that paladins will recieve aoe heal in some form now. In addition, will of course most likely recieve a new direct heal filling the role a downranked Holy Light used to fill in TBC.

For the Level 85 ultimate spell, I would predict either a mobility spell (which warriors got) or a spell defense ability (which DKs got). Druids, interestingly enough got both.

The question has been how to give paladins mobility without (again) recycling old ideas already in use by other classes.
    I think I have the answer to a paladin-flavored mobility spell, however...

Summon Charger (Level 85): I've always said paladins don't need a charge. What need is a Charger. Our charger.
    This spell summons the paladin mount in combat, giving that extra mobility we always wanted for x number of seconds.
    Bonus points to Blizzard if they make it possible for us to attack and cast while mounted - few things should compare to striking down those lowly rogues and hunters while mounted on your horse. (Or Sun-blessed Kodo. Screw you, tauren).

Re: New paladin spell predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Gosroth
    Bonus points to Blizzard if they make it possible for us to attack and cast while mounted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmamrUgLaQ4
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account

Following in the footsteps of Priests and Shammys:

Holy Light - Replaces the current Holy Light. The current Holy Light is renamed to Greater Holy Light!
    Summergale 85 Paladin - Holy/Prot dual specced.
    The Insane Progress:
    Steamweedle: Exalted (done: 999/1000)
    Bloodsail: Honored (done: 1618/12000)
    Darkmoon: Friendly (in progress: 275/6000)
    Ravenholdt: Revered (in progres: 4000/21000)

10+ Year Old Account

reading "If a Feral cat is going to fill a very similar niche to that of a rogue, warrior or Enhancement shaman, it needs a few more tools -- primarily a reliable interrupt" along with the removal of ret clenses makes me 99.9% sure we are getting an interupt and some additional offensive utility in the preview, with expectations we may get another thing or 2 by the time it launches.

Thats from a ret PoV, I know they will mention 1-3 healing spells for holy, since its getting a huge overhaul, and will likely explain a bit how prot's threat stuff will change. I'm expecting judgement to provide more tps, sheild of the righteous to provide about the same, and everything else to get nerfed slightly.
    Einstien trolled Newton so hard with general relativity

10+ Year Old Account

Soem thread at the US wow forums asked if they could at least give us a hint to the Pally preview and Zarhym posted:

[blizzquote author="Zarhym"]
    Here's something:

...will be a core ability for all paladins, gained at level 1...
    [/blizzquote]

I won't promise that he's not joking!
    The Insane Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by kakefarmer
    Soem thread at the US wow forums asked if they could at least give us a hint to the Pally preview and Zarhym posted:

Here's something:

[/blizzquote]

I won't promise that he's not joking!
    WTB source on that Blizz quote.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPistachio
    2 seconds on the blue tracker. It's the third topic from the top.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/24262...n-development/

In other news, Wow.com published an interesting note:
    http://www.wow.com/2010/04/09/catacl...crown-citadel/

Radiance Aura used by Paladin severed essences in ICC.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/24262...n-development/
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account

L2 Blue tracker ;D
    The Insane Progress:

It's gonna be either Holy Light or Seal of Righteousness, just made a lvl 1 pally to check what spells you had lol.

Originally Posted by Zarhym

The ability to dye any armor pink (dying armor binds the item to the paladin).

YEEESSSSSS
    Quote Originally Posted by kakefarmer
    L2 Blue tracker ;D
    I forgot about it. After I posted my demands, I remembered it while scrolling up the page. :P

Bubblebeam-only usable while divine shield is up, bubbles everyone in the area for full duration and you then are able to instantly kill any target you currently have.

Quote Originally Posted by Welinos
    It's gonna be either Holy Light or Seal of Righteousness, just made a lvl 1 pally to check what spells you had lol.
    So...
    In Cataclysm, one of the changes is that we get SoR and HL at level 1, two abilities we already get at level 1.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Welinos
    That supports my speculation to a "new" Holy Light

Although, (in the case he's not kidding) it doesn't have to be lvl 1. It can be lvl 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ,18, 19
    Also, it can be a new spell that all three specs use :P
    The Insane Progress:

I highly suspect Paladins will receive the same treatment Shamans did. You'll get a weapon strike at a low level that will be replaced with Crusader Strike later on (shared cool down, Crusader Strike will do more damage once obtained) similar to how Shamans are acquiring Primal Strike which will be replaced by Stormstrike once they are able to spec into it. Will probably be called something like Righteous Strike or something similar.

Beyond that, no clue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne
    I highly suspect Paladins will receive the same treatment Shamans did. You'll get a weapon strike at a low level that will be replaced with Crusader Strike later on (shared cool down, Crusader Strike will do more damage once obtained) similar to how Shamans are acquiring Primal Strike which will be replaced by Stormstrike once they are able to spec into it. Will probably be called something like Righteous Strike or something similar.

Beyond that, no clue.
    That would also mean that ability would be usable while being prot and holy. I'm not sure if they want to go that way.

The level 1 spell will be a melee attack, probably crusader strike because leveling as ret is boring as hell because you don't have any buttons to push except judgement for a loooong time. for the same reason shamans got primal strike. my bet is crusader strike at level 1 and we get a new "strike" with some special effect in the ret tree. maybe MS, maybe interrupt, maybe something else?

Quote Originally Posted by pokiemokie
    That would also mean that ability would be usable while being prot and holy. I'm not sure if they want to go that way.
    only useable with 2h weapon, problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez
    only useable with 2h weapon, problem solved
    Or, if no serious changes happen to Prot, it probably would just be inefficient to use as prot. Low threat, low damage, etc... especially considering that a full Prot Paladin rotation involves constant use of GCD's as it stands right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

I would say its a sure fire thing that were getting a 'primal strike' for paladins and radiance aura.

No clue on any other abilities they would implement, we'l just have to wait and see! 8)

Here's something:

[/blizzquote]

I have just one thing to say:

Seal of Righteousness aaaaaaaaaaaand Loophole!

: