Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: W0W...Why do Warlocks Raid When....

Quote Originally Posted by Niero123
    Hmm.. draenei DK
    I just laughed quite hard, thank you sir.
    Skullmaster - Slathe - Duat - Tamriel

Absolutely everything happens for a reason - Omnia Causa Fiunt.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod
    taunts dont work in PvP and the last i recall, voidwalker damage output was minimal. a rogue would be stupid to attack it; its just a wasted soulshard
    Are you really tha... nvm, I don't want to know.

The lock has 30k+ hp, health stone, 25% soul link and voidwalker shield. To kill him you'll have to burn down about 45k hp, if not more. Between coil, portal and instant HoT warlocks are by no means an easy duel.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by Aturbus
    No. Rogue casts cheap shot, nuke nuke, kidney shot. Lock trinkets (normally, else he is dead anyway), lock casts fear. 3 choices now: rogue kicks it, rogue trinkets it, rogue waits for the end of the duration of fear and then cloack of shadows + vanish. Cheap shot again, nuke nuke nuke, kidney shot, end game? If not, /cast preparation, cheap shot, nuke nuke nuke, kidney shot.
    This my friend is the painfull truth how a duel works against a rogue.
    I got even beating against a lvl 70 rogue (full epic + warglaives) and a lvl 74 (quest item geared).
    and this is how it really happens.

he got beaten by a 70 rogue *points and laughs*

Quote Originally Posted by Togepii
    Any warlock with half a brain will completely annihilate rogues in a duel.
    Any rogue with half a brain will completely annihilate a lock using no more than one cooldown.

A a skilled warlock, usually affliction or a destro using succubus will give a warrior a run of his money.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    Are you really tha... nvm, I don't want to know.

The lock has 30k+ hp, health stone, 25% soul link and voidwalker shield. To kill him you'll have to burn down about 45k hp, if not more. Between coil, portal and instant HoT warlocks are by no means an easy duel.
    are you really that much of a di... nevermind, i know the answer.

thats only if one is demonology. You do have the thing on the shield.

I dont really PvP much, mainly because of people like you, so excuse my forgetfulness of demonology; its been 2 years since ive played that spec.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod
    are you really that much of a di... nevermind, i know the answer.

thats only if one is demonology. You do have the thing on the shield.

I dont really PvP much, mainly because of people like you, so excuse my forgetfulness of demonology; its been 2 years since ive played that spec.
    that's a normal 54/17 affliction spec.
    A good (emphazise that word) lock will probably lose, but he will give a rogue a run for his money.

@flaks: Really? Watch the videos of any top warlock or ask them, if rogue is a impossible duel. None of them will tell you yes. Sure, a rogue with good gear can easily nuke a warlock without.
    But both sitting at 3/5 wrathful and the like (ilvl average above 265), it is by no means easy.

Any warlock with half a brain will completely annihilate rogues in a duel.
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOOOOOOLLLL
    you are fucking terrible if you think that is the case or you just have never played against a good rogue. I fucking murder warlocks all day long

Ever played against a 2700 rated warlock?
    Him using HS and voidwalker as affli or succu as destro?

You have never played against a good warlock and I'm willing to bet, that I'm a better rogue than you are.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Warlocks are much too op imo. Getting feared and then two-shotted in arena with 700 resi and 25k health (im frost mage) isn't nice, not at all. And yes, I actually know how to play a mage. It's just impossible to win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sno View Post
    i didn't bother reading the OP, it's most likly just some shitty thread debating as to how gearscore is good/bad or a comparison to skill again

Twoshottet sounds like destro, which is a duel you should win. Affliction is 10 times worse by my reckoning

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrim
    I leveled my 6th lv80 on pvp and I must say their isn't a joy out there like pvping on a Lock <Destro or any other spec> it's just pure pwnage. Fear Stuns...more Fear it's like god mode in pvp if your fast on the keys and good with your eyes. Rogues I can see them with one of my powers, Pallies..well they better hope their bubble is up because they have no hope against my Fear, and even large groups fall with AoE fear and AoE stuns. With Res., Demon Armor, and a power to negate or counter everything, and my pet taking 20% of my damage hard to find an equal on the battlefield. I've never liked pvp but.. WOW why do Lock bother raiding?
    Power= Spell <I like the sound of powers more>
    Probably u pwned some helpless pve geared noob people. Yeah chaos bolt /conflagrate combo can usually 2 shot people with no resilience.
    The "one of your powers" u can see rogues with is voidwalkers ability. A subtetly rogue will and can /shadowstep at you from distance then pwn your shield with 1 ambush opener followed by stunlock and more ambushes from shadow dance , then cloack of shadows and vanish letting you at 35% health at best with crippling poison on you and having u spared all your cds for nothing while he resets the battle for another stunlock round , overkilling you...and plz try to cast fear on a rogue ...
    then try fear a warrior
    then a feral druid
    and move forward to shaman with tremor totem
    did i mention priest buff immunity ?
    hunters bestial wrath immunity?
    hm oh wait fear is also dispellable even with pets like felhunter.
    I am sorry i almost forgot undeads having fear removal as racial
    and did i mention mages have it easy with mage armor reducing duration of all our dots and fear by 50% time?oh noes and they can also ice block .yeah
    fear pwns ...

Rogue that oneshots the shield and drops the warlock to 35% is massively overgeared. The others are also retarded, but I'm too lazy to write something about them.

Deleted

bah, i have 6 80s and with all i go random AB gy and gank 5 guys at same time, and kill them all, i gotPaladin, hunter, mage and dk has for my rogue, dic preist or resto druid thats a difenrent story but i still kick ass 1v1 or 2v2 you just need to get lucky with other guys having readly bad gear and have stuff on cd, i mean priest healer with 19k hp or a mage with that = lol gona get onshoted ^^

That are fun momments but what i realy enjoy is 1v1 epic batles vs good geared ppl like me.

PS: my restro druid is OP having 1400 resilaince i was tanking 3 melles with good gear at LM in AB lols

It takes a very good rogue to beat my warlock. 31k hp 3k spell power 1100 resil. Opener --> vanish opener --> prep opener, and I'm generally only at about 30% life before using healthstone/battlemasters, and that's if I'm using my felpuppy (which I generally am unless it's a duel, where I know I can safely use a void, or a weird comp where I'll fel dom a succy right at the beginning because my fel wouldn't do too much like a triple melee dps team). Fake cast a kick, shadowflame -> teleport, and dotfear. Kite around while he cloaks, dotfear again, and it's pretty much game over.

It gets a lot harder when I'm playing against a rogue who I can't fakecast a kick out of. But I've beaten rogues where they kicked wicked early and got me. That just takes a little more luck.

LMFAO thanks for making my day guys with two different replies 1. Some Locks are looking at that I kill other classes and saying that they can't do that so clearly I'm trolling or inexperienced? that last one is prob true like I said I went 1-79 not Arena rating 2500. 2. Draenei DK main so? it's for group comp. Very Few Daenei in my guild

15+ Year Old Account

Rogue opens. Seduce. Rogue trinkets. Seduce. Seduce over. SHADOWFURYIMMOLATEDEATHCOILCHAOSBOLTCONFLAGWTFPWN.

I could go into more detail about how a lock could beat a rogue with ease, but you don't seem to be one who has passed the 1200s, so I won't bother wasting my time on you.
    This. Well geared Warlock vs well geared Rogue, Warlock wins.

Deleted

So basicly what all of you are saying is that rogues are the weakest pvp class there is ingame? Cause paladins kill them, DKs kill them, warriors kill them, frost mages kill them, priests kill them, druids kill them, ...

No, by that logic warriors would habe been terrible in tbc, because they lost duels to every class

rogue is right now a bad 1v1 class, but gets better with support and cc. They aren't great, but definitely aren't terrible either

pvp on a lock is kinda sick..

if youre destro, shadowfury > fear > rape

affliction, fear > dot > fear> butt rape > dot

demonology, not too sure but fear > rape > fear

Why do I raid on my warlock? Because I'd rather shoot myself than PVP. I haven't had fun in pvp on ANY toon since Vanilla.