Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Worst news ever......

Quote Originally Posted by Eiiago
    and you, sir, know absolutely nothing about shaman's.
    How will it end up then?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac
    I stopped playing months ago. My paladin is on a separate account however.

Not very far, anyways. But at least 40 of us were from a guild that had broken up severely months prior to that. We didn't care, we had fun. Not going to tell people to take a hike.

Fucking QQ over your own unique perk being given away is nothing new. You have absolutely no idea how your class will turn out. People fear change, there's been monumental bitching all week about every class. Don't know why anyone bothers. Barely anything makes it through Beta in it's current form anyways.
    so you're saying you're not in a competitive raid environment?

I agree with you this isn't live yet and im not even sure i understand the skill, a passive haste buff similar to BL with no mention of mana cost or a CD but blizzard has already said they don't plan on changing the hybrid tax so pures, which never have a problem being brought and whose DPS is always addressed the moment it starts falling, have alot less to worry about when Blizzard decides to tamper with things. So if this goes live and Blizzard continues its trend of balancing issues the moment shamans start to slip there will be 0 reason to bring them to a raid because currently and even with the announced changes we offer no unique buffs and totems are broken.

Like i said you're right its too early to QQ but what kind of response are we supposed to have. Do you expect everyone who reads the previews to have no care or say in them because they are subject to change, if that was the way people should react to them then blizzard might as well have never released this information in the first place...
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by XemnasXD
    so you're saying you're not in a competitive raid environment?
    Competitive for raid spots, not progression. Just like everyone else in the other thread has been saying, Shaman will have to work to get a raid spot instead of being invited for free because of a unique perk.

And how about a response that doesn't state "We're useless" or "There goes our only viability"? Sure, you're free to complain that mages get the same ability or concept, but regardless of the history with Shaman, there's no absolute proof that you guys won't be real competitive DPS now. Just a negative state of mind because of how long you guys have been fucked.

I guess this is the Shaman's payback for when we stole a gimped sheep from mages. I'm just hoping this will be them stealing a gimped BL from us. I assume so.

Deleted

I bet all shams will go Resto.. like mine :-P Resto is getting quite buffed..

15+ Year Old Account

So you're saying that even though Blizzard keeps fucking us, and they don't stop, and they haven't stopped, and they've shown no intention of stopping...we should be hopeful?
    It makes sense to you that, even though they've admitted you guys are way behind the curve, they're gonna continue to ignore it?

A huge class overhaul is exactly the right time to implement sweeping class changes and finally make you viable.

Stop being so fucking negative and emo over it. Using the past as proof for the future is fucking ignorant and makes you look insane. Maybe in events that are completely out of control, you could use it as a correlation, but not where things can be changed with the press of a button or numbers tweaking. Mastery will allow them to very easily tweak percentage multipliers.

I suggest you to wait for a clarification before yelling around "AAAAAAAA SHAMAN USELES F*CK BLIZZ)

just for an fyi about the post if you read it carefully it says it grants the party HASTE similar to BL/Hero, doesn't say anything about SP or damage or any other stat just haste oh and
    Quote Originally Posted by potfur
    I suggest you to wait for a clarification before yelling around "AAAAAAAA SHAMAN USELES F*CK BLIZZ)

They will buff us months after every major content patch. It has been happening for many patches now. "we feel elemental DPS is too low. We will buff shamanism another 5%." "We feel enhancement DPS is too low. Here's another 5% haste to flurry after most of ICC is over with anyway."

It makes sense to you that, even though they've admitted you guys are way behind the curve, they're gonna continue to ignore it?
    What part of "They ignored us throughout the entire WOTLK expansion while marginalizing our buffs even after they admitted they knew the problems we were facing" aren't you hearing?
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!

15+ Year Old Account

What part of "They ignored us throughout the entire WOTLK expansion while marginalizing our buffs even after they admitted they knew the problems we were facing" aren't you hearing?
    I'm hearing every bit of it. They didn't ignore you throughout Wrath of the Lich King, saying they did is being ignorant. I remember the Lightning Overload buff was extremely well-received for Elemental.

They know the problems, it's just a lack of facets for them to implement the buffs. Survivability for example, how can they help with that without implementing drastic changes?

You CANNOT draw conclusions from the past and pass them off as proof of how things will turn out in the future, no matter how many times you claim "WE WERE IGNORED SO IT'LL CONTINUE"

By that logic, retribution was ignored for damn near 5 years, and now they're viable. Amazing.

Using the past as proof for the future is fucking ignorant and makes you look insane.
    Do you read what you type?... or do just take a shit on the key board and hope for the best?

This is the stupidest thing i've ever read in my life. ever.

History will never repeat itself as long as we ignore it

15+ Year Old Account

Do you read what you type?... or do just take a shit on the key board and hope for the best?

This is the stupidest thing i've ever read in my life. ever.
    As stated, for WoW, it's a viable statement.

There's been a multitude of classes and specs that were drastically changed and made viable after being shit upon for years. Retribution already being cited.

I'm hearing every bit of it. They didn't ignore you throughout Wrath of the Lich King, saying they did is being ignorant. I remember the Lightning Overload buff was extremely well-received for Elemental.

They know the problems, it's just a lack of facets for them to implement the buffs. Survivability for example, how can they help with that without implementing drastic changes?

You CANNOT draw conclusions from the past and pass them off as proof of how things will turn out in the future, no matter how many times you claim "WE WERE IGNORED SO IT'LL CONTINUE"

By that logic, retribution was ignored for damn near 5 years, and now they're viable. Amazing.
    give us the same health as rogues and hunter...survivability in PvE...solved...

and what good are class buffs if they fail to bring you up to par with other class...that just means you were in danger of being extremely far behind had they not buffed you...

look i'll agree its way to early to QQ about the passive haste buff that has little explanation if you agree that Blizzard probably won't drop the trend of fucking shamans repeatedly and ignoring their cries for help...

15+ Year Old Account

give us the same health as rogues and hunter...survivability in PvE...solved...

and what good are class buffs if they fail to bring you up to par with other class...that just means you were in danger of being extremely far behind had they not buffed you...

look i'll agree its way to early to QQ about the passive haste buff that has little explanation if you agree that Blizzard probably won't drop the trend of fucking shamans repeatedly and ignoring their cries for help...
    I'm willing to make a compromise as this whole thing is fucking pedantic and completely inconclusive.

Yeah, you guys have been crapped upon, and it's likely it will continue. But completely shutting out that option isn't smart, cause then you get wound up for nothing. Shamans in Cataclysm is completely unknown.

I feel like i should point out that Kaneiac used to play a paladin. He knows what he's talking about when it comes to Blizzard ignoring a class's problems. There was a point in time where people literally thought Blizzard hated paladins, and there were many signs pointing to it. Hell, I believed it myself sometimes, but Blizzard has shown that if they did at one point, they don't anymore. There are problems yes, but things are getting better, and the same goes for shaman.

It may be true that you were only brought for BL/hero this expansion. However, at the very least, instead of asking for that to remain exclusive to your class, why don't you ask to be competitive dps instead of just giving up and saying "it'll never happen."

Since when have ret pally's not been viable?

I'm sorry you can't 1 shot a clothy anymore...

despite your arguments that ret has gotten a overhaul and become viable again... we aren't talking about a specific spec for a class, we are discussing the ENTIRE class being outdated. Survivability is not an issue, a flat stam increase would serve nicely. I'm sorry, a shaman wears mail armor, he should have more HP than one who wears cloth armor in the same ilvl.

another problem (which I'm positive you have no clue of) is the hodge-podge assortment that every spec of shaman has in their tree. take a look at almost every talent. they are mixed and matched so horribly. there is no consistency within any of the trees (resto has some rhyme and reason, and is becoming the only viable spec atm due to gimped dps from other specs).

the long and short of this is that

A) Shamans have never had it easy in WotLK when compared to other classes in their roles

B) The only reason a single resto shaman is brought to world first raids is for BL

C) You are dumb as hell... The grown ups are talking, junior.

15+ Year Old Account

Probably for the few years in Vanilla and early BC. Yep, Retribution has always been viable PvE and PvP (I suppose they were in PvP, granted you had Judgment + Sulfuras in order to actually hit hard). Get a clue.

another problem (which I'm positive you have no clue of) is the hodge-podge assortment that every spec of shaman has in their tree.
    Because talent trees aren't getting completely re-assessed in Cataclysm? Oh damn. Yeah, I suppose they are. You have absolutely no clue what's going to happen in Cataclysm besides half-assed ideas based upon how you've been treated so far.

In Cataclysm, if you guys still aren't viable, I'll gladly shove my own foot in my own mouth. If you are, well, enjoy what you should've had for the last 4 years.

10+ Year Old Account

poor shamans, can no longer get a raid spot because of 1 spell.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

I'm sorry you can't 1 shot a clothy anymore...

despite your arguments that ret has gotten a overhaul and become viable again... we aren't talking about a specific spec for a class, we are discussing the ENTIRE class being outdated. Survivability is not an issue, a flat stam increase would serve nicely. I'm sorry, a shaman wears mail armor, he should have more HP than one who wears cloth armor in the same ilvl.

another problem (which I'm positive you have no clue of) is the hodge-podge assortment that every spec of shaman has in their tree. take a look at almost every talent. they are mixed and matched so horribly. there is no consistency within any of the trees (resto has some rhyme and reason, and is becoming the only viable spec atm due to gimped dps from other specs).

the long and short of this is that

A) Shamans have never had it easy in WotLK when compared to other classes in their roles

B) The only reason a single resto shaman is brought to world first raids is for BL

C) You are dumb as hell... The grown ups are talking, junior.
    A) "Have had it easy" is such a broad statement it's not even worth trying to argue.

B) I never stated they were not. I merely stated that if that is the case, they should not be asking to have that as their reason for being brought, it should be their healing capabilities.

C) Do not try to insult me when you know nothing about me or my background, and using incorrect grammar with little to know capitalization makes you look like the child.

You started playing in Wotlk, didn't you? That or you paid 0 attention to any other class in Classic/BC.